WRX vs. El Camino w/ 350 (?)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. El Camino w/ 350 (?) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From a roll on (w/ AC on initially, but I turned it off around the corner...hehe) at about 25mph we ...

I Support ClubWRX

WRX vs. El Camino w/ 350 (?)

From a roll on (w/ AC on initially, but I turned it off around the corner...hehe) at about 25mph we both punched it, I was in just shifting to 2nd unfortunately...his exhaust sounded pretty mean we were even up to about 70 and I was pulling away slightly maybe 1/2 a car at that point and we both shut down because I'm not big on true street racing.

I'm pretty sure he had a modified 350 in there...sounded exactly like it. Pretty cool car - had some big meats in the back, too.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy that I was able to keep up from a roll and maybe pull a little assuming he didn't just let off.

"Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    the thing about those old muscle cars is that you never know what they're actually packing! Too bad you didnt get to talk to him or anything.
    2003 SRT-4

remember, a stock 33 year old v8 with no mufflers, or flowmaster 2 chambers on a 2.5" exhaust sounds like a pretty mean machine.

Nice job keeping up though - at least with my car, lots of people beat me off the line... but the old beast gets a little better as the speedo goes up.

Eric
    (owner of a stock 34 year old v8 with a hideous exhaust leak)
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.