Eager WS6 vs Sti
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Eager WS6 vs Sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WS6: Loud as a mofo with sticky Sti: 2nd cat removed I hate starting off with "I was minding my ...

Eager WS6 vs Sti

WS6: Loud as a mofo with sticky
    Sti: 2nd cat removed

I hate starting off with "I was minding my own biz, cuz I usually never do". But this time, the hunter was the hunted....

I watched this WS6 fly past me to provoke a vet in front of me. It was a old man and a old lady so they didn't bite. He decided to focus his attention to me instead once he got bored with the vet.

Finally got a chance to run him after turning off to a empty stretch of road on the way home. He started about a car length behind me and when WOT. I followed suit (still in 1st gear) going bout 20 mph and managed to hold my lead. It was a complete blur to me this time cuz I've never raced anything so potent. All I know is the STI stood its ground til around 70mph or so, then the WS6 started to walk me and I saw its taillights about 80ish.

I'm sure it would've been ugly if we would've kept on going. But I feel good hanging with one on a roll for 5-6 secs

Good grieve, just bought the car 2 wks ago and I'm already itching to get a big turbo..... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Edit: 3rd to 2nd
    Last edited by AsianWRX; 08-25-2004 at 08:11 AM.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run, you get that boost issue worked out? Last time out at the track I ran a LS-1 camaro that was pretty damn loud. Mods/trans unknown. My 1/8 mile was 8.700 @ 82.33, his: 8.897 @ 81.81. By the 1/4 I had ran a 13.488 @ 101.76, he ran a 13.620 @ 104.43. Of course my crappy r/t left me a few cars back Once rolling those things are really quick!
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

I'm not sure if I'm having a boost issue still... scooby24 helped me last weekend at the BBQ resetting the ECU and its still only hitting .09 MPa on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. I'm starting to think that it might be the boost gauge being off (Its a stock boost gauge, not sure how accurate they are).

Its definitely a rush racing those T/A. The one I race was so loud it drown out my car. I think I would've build a pretty good lead if we went from a stop. He prolly won't catch me til over 100.

I'd luv to take a ride in your stg 4 sometime. I bet its a beast

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    why was the ws6 picking on a poor old former soldier??
    2003 SRT-4

Not sure. But those people showed a lot of class by not giving them what they want.

I however, am weak minded and couldn't pass up on a chance to race a worthy foe.

awesome race!! the ws6 is always a formitably foe, with a few tricks up its sleave. they suprise with something new all the time
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Re: Eager WS6 vs Sti

3rd cat removed?? I thought the STi only had 2 to begin with. Do you mean the 2nd cat from the turbo?

VV

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Sti: 3rd cat removed

I hate starting off with "I was minding my own biz, cuz I usually never do". But this time, the hunter was the hunted....

I watched this WS6 fly past me to provoke a vet in front of me. It was a old man and a old lady so they didn't bite. He decided to focus his attention to me instead once he got bored with the vet.

Finally got a chance to run him after turning off to a empty stretch of road on the way home. He started about a car length behind me and when WOT. I followed suit (still in 1st gear) going bout 20 mph and managed to hold my lead. It was a complete blur to me this time cuz I've never raced anything so potent. All I know is the STI stood its ground til around 70mph or so, then the WS6 started to walk me and I saw its taillights about 80ish.

I'm sure it would've been ugly if we would've kept on going. But I feel good hanging with one on a roll for 5-6 secs

Good grieve, just bought the car 2 wks ago and I'm already itching to get a big turbo..... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Still thinking of my wrx, sry

The axleback is removed. So yes, my 2nd cat is removed

Can't wait til I race another one. I'm hungry for a fun race!

was that "vet" a veteran or a corvette? lol

It was a corvette. Sry
    I'm so used to writing shorthand on this board, I can see how its so easily confused!

Re: Eager WS6 vs Sti

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Sti: 3rd cat removed
    nice....but an sti don't have a 3rd....it would be consider the second

hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Stoplight i need a breakdown on this. Difference between WS6 and Firehawk please.

I had a WS6 trying to get me to race. We were at 60MPH and he walked away easily.

Posts some stock stats for both the cars. I thought the firehawk was the big daddy.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by skyjock41
    Stoplight i need a breakdown on this. Difference between WS6 and Firehawk please.

I had a WS6 trying to get me to race. We were at 60MPH and he walked away easily.

Posts some stock stats for both the cars. I thought the firehawk was the big daddy.
    Powerwise, they are almost exactly the same. For the last model year, it was 325 hp for the WS6 and 335-345 for the Firehawk. However, if you dyno them, all LS1 f-bodies from the same year dyno pretty much the same regardless of what trim level they are. So you could have a Formula dyno more than a Firehawk. It depends on the car more than the trim level.

'98-'00 manual LS1 f-bodies dyno about 280-300whp stock, and '01-'02s dyno anywhere from 310-340whp. The autos dyno lower, of course.

(I'm not Stoplight, so if you wanted to hear it only from him, feel free to ignore my response).

Hey Mark was it black?

I was on the highway Saturday night and a black WS6 passed by slowly staring me down. I followed suit and when he got in front of me he gunned it trying to pull away. He was pulling hard but for some reason my car was being a champ and kept right behind him. He shut down after he figured out he wasn't losing me and I looked down at my speedo and it was beyond burried so I was going faster than 140. That's the fastest I've ever gone. I didn't really even realize I was going so fast other than my tires were making a weird screaming noise

And before you guys get mad there was no one else on the road it was like 2 in the am.

Let me know when you wanna make your STi a beast! I know where you can get a catless DP for your STi for 160 bucks! All you would need to do is port your turbo. So much potential in your car. Let's unlock it!
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Powerwise, they are almost exactly the same. For the last model year, it was 325 hp for the WS6 and 335-345...

'98-'00 manual LS1 f-bodies dyno about 280-300whp stock, and '01-'02s dyno anywhere from 310-340whp. The autos dyno lower, of course....
    It sounds like they lose very little going from the crank to the wheel..... only 5-35 whp at the most out of a 345hp engine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast