Eager WS6 vs Sti - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Eager WS6 vs Sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AsianWRX It sounds like they lose very little going from the crank to the wheel..... only 5-35 ...

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by AsianWRX
    It sounds like they lose very little going from the crank to the wheel..... only 5-35 whp at the most out of a 345hp engine?
    It isn't that they lose very little, it's that they are severely underrated by the factory. There are plenty of "310hp" Z28 or Trans Ams that dyno 315 or 320hp at the wheels. It is widely accepted that GM underrated LS1 f-bodies so that they would not upstage the Corvette.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by scooby24
    Hey Mark was it black?

I was on the highway Saturday night and a black WS6 passed by slowly staring me down. I followed suit and when he got in front of me he gunned it trying to pull away. He was pulling hard but for some reason my car was being a champ and kept right behind him. He shut down after he figured out he wasn't losing me and I looked down at my speedo and it was beyond burried so I was going faster than 140. That's the fastest I've ever gone. I didn't really even realize I was going so fast other than my tires were making a weird screaming noise

And before you guys get mad there was no one else on the road it was like 2 in the am.

Let me know when you wanna make your STi a beast! I know where you can get a catless DP for your STi for 160 bucks! All you would need to do is port your turbo. So much potential in your car. Let's unlock it!
    Ya, it was a black one. Your car sounds very strong if you kept up with him on the highway. I was afraid to even run him from a roll!

I'm up for the DP, let me know what I need to do to make this happen. Would you know where or who I can go to for porting the turbo?

Originally posted by zoophagy
    It isn't that they lose very little, it's that they are severely underrated by the factory. There are plenty of "310hp" Z28 or Trans Ams that dyno 315 or 320hp at the wheels. It is widely accepted that GM underrated LS1 f-bodies so that they would not upstage the Corvette.
    Then what is mechnically different from what is in the corvette as oppose to what is in the TA and Cameros?

Just are they the exact same as the 350hp corvette engine?

Then what is mechnically different from what is in the corvette as oppose to what is in the TA and Cameros?

Just are they the exact same as the 350hp corvette engine?
    There are a couple slight differences. There is a different exhaust, and Corvette's have a cam with a few more degrees of intake and exhaust duration (about three on both, I believe).

A lot of f-bodies actually dyno higher than Corvettes. It is supposed to be because that their independent rear suspension is more parasitic than the solid rear axle in f-bodies.

[On a side note, there is no "e" in Camaro.]

I'm not sure if I can ever justify buying a corvette.... what is it... 15k more for the looks, the brand, and a little technology here and there? No thanks!

Its like trying to sell the Sti with a wrx engine.... *sigh*

Theres a lot more to a corvette than the power it puts to the ground.

my .02$

I'm not sure if I can ever justify buying a corvette.... what is it... 15k more for the looks, the brand, and a little technology here and there? No thanks!

Its like trying to sell the Sti with a wrx engine.... *sigh*
    A c5 might be only 350hp but thats still 25hp more than a z28 or WS6 and im not sure on this but i vette is a couple hundred pounds lighter. Plus you have to pay extra for the Corvette name.

As for paying 15k for looks, i'll gladly pay that now for the new vette coming out this year. They look awesome
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    A c5 might be only 350hp but thats still 25hp more than a z28 or WS6
    No it isn't. F-bodies usually dyno the same or higher than Corvettes. See my earlier post.

Originally posted by dan240
    Theres a lot more to a corvette than the power it puts to the ground.
    W3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.