How would Stock WRX do against Dodge Magnum v8
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How would Stock WRX do against Dodge Magnum v8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How would the Dodge Magnum v8 Hemi vs. Stock 04 WRX race look for the WRX? Would the WRX get ...

How would Stock WRX do against Dodge Magnum v8

How would the Dodge Magnum v8 Hemi vs. Stock 04 WRX race look for the WRX? Would the WRX get smoked or would it hold up? Im talking about from a roll, from a stop, and on high end. Just asking because some guy from work got one and thinks it hella tight, even though its just a soccer mom type car thats been targeted to males.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think from a roll the wrx would have a chance up till around 40-50. Everyone says traction is a huge problem with V-8 RWD but with all the electronic crap governing spin now the big turd could probaly launch hard.

From a roll I think it will be taking simple do to torque and hp that it has over the wrx.

From a high speed roll it will probaly win cause all he has to do is dump it down a few gears and he's in his power range...the wrx isnt known for quick 4th and 5th gears.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Stock wrx would get romped from a roll, and probably passed before the 1/4 mile from a dig..

Only a couple wrx's can pull 14.2's stock at 96mph, but most magnums and 300C's are hittin the traps at 14.0-14.2 AT 102!!!

Think of them just as capable as a stock neon SRT4, just heavier and more powerful
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

i raced a 300c from a 35 roll i had him by half a car lenght by 75. those things r beasts from a roll.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

You will lose..dont race stock...get some mods and then post your kill.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

hmmm

I drove one (admittedly, not as hard or as much in the open road as I would've liked) and it didn't seem that fast. It's a big, heavy a$$ car that makes a lot of hp.

Ditto....I drove the dodge magnum RT and it doesnt really seem that quick. But when I looked at the speedo, the power comes so smoothly I can see how it feels slower than the WRX( in which the power leaps in when the turbo kicks.)
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

stock for stock a Magnum RT would take a crap on you from a roll....

Don't mess with the v8 magnums, pick on the v6 ones

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.