Good car given a bad name

This is a discussion on Good car given a bad name within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There is a reason why WRXs are Police favourites over here. This story is sobering, and another reason why forseable ...

Good car given a bad name

There is a reason why WRXs are Police favourites over here.
    This story is sobering, and another reason why forseable consequences should not be ignored in place of racing adrenaline:

This guy is a d!ck.

"A banned P-plate driver who killed a female pedestrian during a drunken drag race has been jailed for seven years.

Guillermo Garzon, 21, had six previous convictions for speeding when he mowed down the victim, Inbar Herman, who was out with friends celebrating her 19th birthday.

Ms Herman died after she was struck by Garzon's speeding Subaru WRX as she crossed Dandenong Road in suburban East Malvern at 3am on February 7 this year.

Garzon later registered a blood-alcohol reading of 0.121. It is illegal for P-plate drivers to record any alcohol reading.

In fixing a minimum non-parole term of five years, County Court judge Lance Pilgrim said Garzon's driving record could only be described as "abysmal".

Colombian-born Garzon, of Garnsworthy Street in suburban Springvale, pleaded guilty to culpable driving and reckless conduct endangering life.

The court was told Garzon had engaged in a spur-of-the-moment drag race with a Suzuki about three kilometres from where the accident happened and was driving at about 120kph.

Judge Pilgrim said Ms Herman died from horrific injuries. "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hopefully people can see it was the driver and not the car...

I think they could have left out what kinda car he was driving/racing... my .02
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

whats a p-plate?
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I drive a Honda/Acura so I know exactly what you mean about good cars given bad names by their drivers.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

P-Plate is a probationary driver in Australia. You have to wear them on your car (in most states) for about 12 months after you get your license.

It basically yells to other drivers "I cant drive yet, watch out!"
    A P-plate on a WRX is saying "I cant drive yet, but Im going to anyway, really, really fast" which in Police language translates to "Pull me over"

They look like this but now the White P is on a red background:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails postera.gif  

kinda like convicted child molestors in america being in a database and notifying communities when they move in.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Yeah, we've got something like that here. But it's only for new drivers under the age of 18. Can't drive people under 21 unless they're immediate family, can't drive between 1-6 am, etc. for the first 6 months. And if you get any kind of ticket, the 6 month period starts all over.

I've decided that my car is training me. I mean, if I can drive a gutless wonder with the only power amenity being power brakes well, that I can drive anything. Makes sense to me.

RIP Danika Elizabeth Cooley
    May 16th, 1988-December 8th, 2004

Originally posted by archiebrown

It basically yells to other drivers "I cant drive yet, watch out!"
    A P-plate on a WRX is saying "I cant drive yet, but Im going to anyway, really, really fast" which in Police language translates to "Pull me over"

They look like this but now the White P is on a red background:

Gotta love the Australian's, got to go over there and check it out sometime...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II