WRX vs. modded Spirit R/T
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. modded Spirit R/T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Race was from 30mph+ he had a slight head start and gained instantly about 3/4 car lengths. By the end ...

WRX vs. modded Spirit R/T

Race was from 30mph+ he had a slight head start and gained instantly about 3/4 car lengths. By the end of 2nd gear, I gained 1/4 back and still was about 1/2 car lengths behind. By the end of 3rd gear, I had about 1/2 car length on him then had to shut down.

Only mod I have is a BPM GT turboback and a silencer removal mod. I did not know that Spirit R/T was that fast.... I checked the spec and it runs 6.5 sec 0-60mph stock, which I think is pretty awesome.... he had exhaust and probably CAI.

I am glad that I got him at the end.... I ended up going to Autozone and got a new air filter It is time to get a MBC again....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs. modded Spirit R/T

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Race was from 30mph+ he had a slight head start and gained instantly about 3/4 car lengths. By the end of 2nd gear, I gained 1/4 back and still was about 1/2 car lengths behind. By the end of 3rd gear, I had about 1/2 car length on him then had to shut down.

Only mod I have is a BPM GT turboback and a silencer removal mod. I did not know that Spirit R/T was that fast.... I checked the spec and it runs 6.5 sec 0-60mph stock, which I think is pretty awesome.... he had exhaust and probably CAI.

I am glad that I got him at the end.... I ended up going to Autozone and got a new air filter It is time to get a MBC again....
    6.5 0-60 isn't very fast. That is around what the RSX-S can do stock. Just thought it was interesting that you considered it fast, that's all.

Nice kill!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

WRX w/o AWD launch gets around low 6s as Consumer Report got a 6.2 sec from WRX. Funny thing is that they got 7.1 sec out of RSX Type-S

Originally posted by WRXreX
    WRX w/o AWD launch gets around low 6s as Consumer Report got a 6.2 sec from WRX. Funny thing is that they got 7.1 sec out of RSX Type-S
    I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. You say that a WRX with a ****ty launch does 0-60 in less time than the car you just called fast. A WRX with a good launch would do significantly better.

And I see your 7.1 RSX 0-60 and raise you a 6.1 (which was one of the first 0-60 times out for the RSX-S)! Both are on the absolute extreme of what you would expect a bone stock RSX-S to do.

Anyway, I really wasn't trying to flame, I was just surprised that you would consider a 6.5 fast.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Where are you located? I know a guy with a white R/T that runs 12's here in WI.

Off topic but how do you like your bpm turboback, sweet huh
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T Turbo Sedan
    http://www.edmunds.com/used/1991/dod...tml?id=lin0066

HP: 224@2800RPM (2800?! Not sure if that is a typo, 1992 had 224@6000RPM)
    Torque: 217 ft-lbs. @ 6000RPM
    2.2L Inline 4
    3060 lbs.
    FWD

Not bad...
    '92 was same except hp max was @ 6000, torque @5800 and 29 lbs. heavier
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

I just ordered Joe MBC yesterday.... should be getting it sometime next week. I once had a HPMBC but sold it due to partial throttle problem...

Damn you can get one of those Spirits for under a grand, that woul be a good car to mod up and beat the hell out of RallyX and AutoXing.

str
    i consider that quick, not fast. but still, i respect a car with performance numbers like the rsx and gti for thier price.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I like BPM-GT turboback... especially with a silencer off Turbo spools faster and it adds approx. 15 hp and 25-30 ft-lbs of torque.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.