facts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on facts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what are some facts you picked the wrx over an rsx facts not opinions...

facts

what are some facts you picked the wrx over an rsx facts not opinions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: facts

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    what are some facts you picked the wrx over an rsx facts not opinions
    You are asking for objective reasons to what is almost always a subjective decision?

The truth is that on paper, the RSX has very few things over the WRX so pretty well any objective reason goes towards the WRX.

Subjectively, I much preferred the interior and exterior of the RSX and that was worth giving up straight line performance which really isn't THAT important to me personally (though like I said before, if FI works well, I may just be going that route).
    Subjectively, I've been very impressed with the reliability of Hondas in general. Note that I am NOT implying that Subaru is poor quality (I don't think it is), just that if you have had good experiences with a certain brand, you develop some brand loyalty. Truth is, my family owns 3 Subarus and have never had a problem with any of them which is why I list this as a subjective advantage of the RSX-S.

Objectively, the RSX-S was $4,000 less than the WRX (lucky US bastards!! ).
    Objectively, the RSX-S is very competitive with the WRX in AutoX which I enjoy doing very much (and my stock RSX-S has both beaten and been beaten by modded WRXs).
    Objectively, the RSX-S gets significantly better gas mileage (and yes, someone VERY close to me owns a WRX so I know exactly what mileage the WRX gets).
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Re: Re: facts

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Objectively, the RSX-S was $4,000 less than the WRX (lucky US bastards!! ).
    Objectively, the RSX-S is very competitive with the WRX in AutoX which I enjoy doing very much (and my stock RSX-S has both beaten and been beaten by modded WRXs).
    Objectively, the RSX-S gets significantly better gas mileage (and yes, someone VERY close to me owns a WRX so I know exactly what mileage the WRX gets).
    well i paid 23 for my rex so as long as the rsx s is 18 or so that can't be true....but thanks for ur post thatsnot 1 sided man

Re: Re: Re: facts

well i paid 23 for my rex so as long as the rsx s is 18 or so that can't be true....but thanks for ur post thatsnot 1 sided man
    Where I live, the WRX is $35,000 and the RSX is $31,000. I thought I made it fairly obvious in my post that I didn't live in the US where the 2 cars are much closer in price. Anyone want to meet my pet beaver?
    2002 RSX Type S

Re: Re: Re: Re: facts

Where I live, the WRX is $35,000 and the RSX is $31,000. I thought I made it fairly obvious in my post that I didn't live in the US where the 2 cars are much closer in price. Anyone want to meet my pet beaver?
    well if u put somthing in your location their wouldn't be a misunderstanding and since i was obviously talking about the US market and US versions

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: facts

well if u put somthing in your location their wouldn't be a misunderstanding and since i was obviously talking about the US market and US versions
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you only wanted the opinions of Americans for this thread. I take back my post then.
    2002 RSX Type S

Facts:

WRX

AWD
    4-door sedan
    227 hp
    low end torque
    turbocharged
    unique automobile

RSX

FWD
    2-door coupe
    200 hp
    upper rpm power
    normally aspirated
    just another Honda

Just kidding on that last one. The RSX is a nice car but Scooby's own my heart. I'm on my 5th one!

Punk
    Last edited by PunksWRX; 08-10-2002 at 12:12 PM.

RSXsucks,

Do you know of HorhayatAMD over at ClubRSX?
    Ad astra per aspera

You know what? As soon as he said that someone CLOSE to him had a WRX, I immediately though it was HorhayatAMD (sp?). He is on clubrsx, and if I remember correctly, I think he said that his mum had a wrx wagon. He has an rsx-s.

Seems to be one of the nicer guys on clubrsx imho
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    You know what? As soon as he said that someone CLOSE to him had a WRX, I immediately though it was HorhayatAMD (sp?). He is on clubrsx, and if I remember correctly, I think he said that his mum had a wrx wagon. He has an rsx-s.

Seems to be one of the nicer guys on clubrsx imho
    Haha, you guys caught me. Good for you, I was wondering when it would happen. I tried not to give too much personal info but I guess I did. Remind me never to become a spy, I would probably suck at it!

Anyway, it is true. For those of you who have asked, yes, I DO own an RSX-S and yes, my mother does own a WRX and yes, both my sisters own Outbacks. My step-dad is the only other Acura owner in the family and he has a Type S personality too... but of a CL class (wish it was the 6-speed though).

I really do love the WRX and if anyone has read my posts on ClubRSX, I've never, not once, slammed the car or its looks. I've always maintained that it looks exactly like it should: a rally car. That being said, and I am sad to say this, a lot of WRX owners seem like total arrogant pr*cks. I do have to admit though that although most of you seem pretty arrogant, very few are pr*cks and most of you can back up your accomplishments. Perhaps this is something the Honda crowd could learn from.

Anyway, my only intent here was to take some of the... um... interesting statements I've read here and give them back to you so you could see how ridiculous some of it sounds! That, and I'm extremely bored since I'm on a long business trip and I miss my car very much. (yes, some sympathy here would be nice). The funny thing is that the only person who figured it out (or at least posted about it) was another RSX owner! Thought that was kind of funny.

Well, my last few posts have been an attempt at being a more "reasonable" member of this board. Some of you will probably always think of me as a troll and that is fine by me. I hope that some of you at least saw a LITTLE bit of humour in my posts, I did at least try! If nothing else, I livened things up a little here.

I'm off, but I look forward to reading more interesting kill stories. If nothing else, they give me a chuckle! Enjoy your cars gentlemen (and ladies) but play it safe out there. Maybe a certain Viper had enough sense to keep the speed down on a twisty road with speedbumps, and so should you.

PS I don't really think the RSX sucks, just in case you were wondering.
    2002 RSX Type S

Well RSXSucks I have to say I'm glad you turned out to be normal. I did think some of your earlier stuff was pretty godd but it just got lame after a while (sounds like you're a band )
    I have always owned hondas but have been looking at getting a subaru B4 hence me being on this board. Personally I don't like the WRX (that is just a personal opinion) I do respect the car for it's performance but it just isn't a car that apeals a great deal to me (also WRX are sooo common here in australia and they are also by far the most riced out cars in the country) yes even more riced out than civics. I do love some of the kill stories on this board tough

I dont see the WRX and RSX as being in the same league for cross shopping. Totally different cars, coupe vs sedan, awd vs fwd, turbocharged vs NA. I didnt even consider the rsx when looking to buy the wrx, i cross shopped the audi and bmw awd 4 door vehicles but they were far too expensive and didnt meet my criteria for price/cost of ownership and "modability".

I needed a 4 door vehicle. I wanted awd and it had to be turbocharged for performance and ( very important to me ) easy to mod for more power/handling. The WRX to me is everything I ever wanted in a car all rolled into one vehicle.

I would not consider an RSX if I was shopping for a 2 door coupe. I could buy a nice used C4 for the same $ or a 300zxTT or RX-7 ect ect.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Originally posted by twinz
    I dont see the WRX and RSX as being in the same league for cross shopping. Totally different cars, coupe vs sedan, awd vs fwd, turbocharged vs NA. I didnt even consider the rsx when looking to buy the wrx, i cross shopped the audi and bmw awd 4 door vehicles but they were far too expensive and didnt meet my criteria for price/cost of ownership and "modability".

I needed a 4 door vehicle. I wanted awd and it had to be turbocharged for performance and ( very important to me ) easy to mod for more power/handling. The WRX to me is everything I ever wanted in a car all rolled into one vehicle.

I would not consider an RSX if I was shopping for a 2 door coupe. I could buy a nice used C4 for the same $ or a 300zxTT or RX-7 ect ect.
    I completely agree with you. Although I absolutely cannot speak for anyone else, I wanted something a bit more upscale without giving up too much performance and I felt (right or wrong) that the RSX delivered this to me. I didn't realize at the time just how much better the WRX was going to be performance wise and if I did (and if they cost the same which they don't in Canada), I may very well be driving a WRX right now. Oh well, hindsight...

However, you really can't compare buying new with used. I love the 300ZX too (another one of the cars my step-dad used to own) and I really liked that car! This time around though, I happened to want a new car. Actually, if I was buying based solely on performance, I would be much more likely to buy used since you don't have to worry about voiding a warranty with mods.
    2002 RSX Type S

However, you really can't compare buying new with used. I love the 300ZX too (another one of the cars my step-dad used to own) and I really liked that car! This time around though, I happened to want a new car. Actually, if I was buying based solely on performance, I would be much more likely to buy used since you don't have to worry about voiding a warranty with mods.
    Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, there are no new coupes available that I could possibly afford that have the performance I want. With my last car ( 300zxTT ) putting down 475+ at the wheels plus incredible handling and braking it is really, really hard to find anything that is satisfying from a performance standpoint.

Hell, even the subie..I voided the warranty on my WRX within 2 months of getting it because it just didnt have enough power/handling/brakes in stock form for me to be happy with...still working on that!
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Here's another opinion from an RSX-S owner. Sorry.

Price played the biggest "x" factor in my decision. I graduated college in '00 and got an '00 Integra GS. My roomate had the GS-R and I loved it, especially for the price. Also, my family has stayed w/ Honda's for a long time. I drove a Honda Accord EX and its gone 165,000 miles w/out anything other than an oil change (my bro has it now, so we'll see how it does). It didn't even need a clutch replaced.

Needless to say, I loved the reliability of Honda. Now, I got the Integra because I like the performance for how increadibly cheap it was. When the time came 2 years later when I could afford another car, Acura was more willing to deal with my lease than anyone else. They got me out of it w/out having negative equity so it was a no-brainer. I could have absorbed some negative equity, but not too much.

I love the WRX to be honest with you. I don't think its ugly at all, it performs like a dream, etc... all the praises I have heard seem to be true. I have a friend that owns one as well, so I've seen them run.

But really, with all the options I wanted it would have been around $30,000 so I couldn't deal with it. I figure if you're paying $23,000 for a WRX you're getting a stripped down version, but I don't know for sure. I just know the wheels I wanted were another $3,000.

The RSX-S was $23,500 - came with all the options I wanted and performs pretty damn well for the price. Its not Rex killer, that's for sure, but its still a good car. I also drive in traffic quite a bit and I like the fact that its got most of its power up high, so at 6:45am I don't have to worry about driving a beast in bumper to bumper traffic.

So that's about as objective as I can get. Performance wise, there's no question about what's the better car. I think you'd have to look at a WRX in the same light as a Z28 or SS - best bang for the buck, no doubt. But with the Suburu, you get better resale value and a better track record w/ maintenance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast