Here are the Vids from last Night my Sti Vs modded M3 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Here are the Vids from last Night my Sti Vs modded M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why would a car with less power, worse aerodynamics and higher drivetrain losses pull harder? Sti is great but I'm ...

Why would a car with less power, worse aerodynamics and higher drivetrain losses pull harder?

Sti is great but I'm not buying its beating an M3 from a roll (stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned

WHY DON'T U BLOODY READ..

THE STI IS NOT STOCK!!

CAI and exhaust for the M3 is probably more like 10-15hp gain.

I'm just wondering why do some of you guys really believe the M3 is "really" fast from the roll? I mean it's quick, but not that hard to pull 2-3 car lengh on them for me at 120-130mph from 65-70mph roll. The M3 and the 996 Carrera will probably tie from the roll.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Re: Thanks guys..

I've beaten all the porches I've run across, or into also. I like pulling up to porches with a couple of old people in them, revving my engine, and making them eat my dust!!! WOOT! I then like to watch their faces grimace in my rear view as I pull train lengths... stupid old people...

-Eric-

PS I had to spell check this so no one would pick on me

Originally posted by Tailspin
    I am happy with my mods... I mean I got a exhaust . a downpipe Ecutek and a Act stage 3 clutch. all for well under $4 thousand dollars and feel good ! I mean a M3 is a Fast car.. Porches can't even take the M3 .. and on top of all this this guys M3 wasn't stock. I don't think he had 400 hp like he said but with his mods he must have added 20 hp at the wheels atleast.. M3's are tweaked already and very hard to make faster..anyways It was cool !

Originally posted by FrankW
    I'm just wondering why do some of you guys really believe the M3 is "really" fast from the roll? I mean it's quick, but not that hard to pull 2-3 car lengh on them for me at 120-130mph from 65-70mph roll. The M3 and the 996 Carrera will probably tie from the roll.
    Peeps probably think it is quick from a roll because the STi and WRX don't put down enough whp stock to take one out from a roll.

Your car on the other hand does... stock..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dan240
    Why would a car with less power, worse aerodynamics and higher drivetrain losses pull harder?

Sti is great but I'm not buying its beating an M3 from a roll (stock)
    1. The video is proof...even though not stock.

2. Don't have to believe or "buy" the posts, but it's a fact. A stock STi will pull on an M3. Done it time after time. Comparing specs and visuls is not the same as real life.

Just me and my mouth running OT.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.