Upset Cobra owner in Maryland (bit long winded)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Upset Cobra owner in Maryland (bit long winded) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way back from York, PA yesterday afternoon when a lowered black Cobra (it wasnít a new ...

Upset Cobra owner in Maryland (bit long winded)

I was on my way back from York, PA yesterday afternoon when a lowered black Cobra (it wasnít a new one, this one looked to be a 1999, 2001) pulled up next to me on the Hi-way. He looked over at me all cocky and revved as his girl looked over and smirked at me. At first I wasnít going to go because I wasnít sure how my new set up would stand against something like that. After playing with me for a little I decided to take the bait. I get up by him, drop to forth, that brought my rpm's up to about 4100 or so, look over at him and then we take off, from 4th I proceed to pull about 6 to 8 cars till I went into 5th then I shut it down. By that point we were going way to fast I was coming up on traffic. The greatest part of this story was as he passed by me slowly after the race, he looked at me with a really confused look on his face, it was actually more of a blank expressionless look, and his girl was yelling at him about something. I would hope that she was yelling at him cause he didnít win, when he was the one that instigated it. I got onto the web and looked at the numbers on these things, I cant say if he had a lot of work done or not, I do know that he was lowered with exhaust, that much was apparent. Anyhow I was rather pleased with how my car pulled, 4th felt so nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. I have nothing against V8s, but I hate it when they get all cocky when racing imports like that. Good job putting him in his place

Re: Upset Cobra owner in Maryland (bit long winded)

Originally posted by locam
    I was on my way back from York, PA yesterday afternoon when a lowered black Cobra (it wasnít a new one, this one looked to be a 1999, 2001) pulled up next to me on the Hi-way. He looked over at me all cocky and revved as his girl looked over and smirked at me. At first I wasnít going to go because I wasnít sure how my new set up would stand against something like that. After playing with me for a little I decided to take the bait. I get up by him, drop to forth, that brought my rpm's up to about 4100 or so, look over at him and then we take off, from 4th I proceed to pull about 6 to 8 cars till I went into 5th then I shut it down. By that point we were going way to fast I was coming up on traffic. The greatest part of this story was as he passed by me slowly after the race, he looked at me with a really confused look on his face, it was actually more of a blank expressionless look, and his girl was yelling at him about something. I would hope that she was yelling at him cause he didnít win, when he was the one that instigated it. I got onto the web and looked at the numbers on these things, I cant say if he had a lot of work done or not, I do know that he was lowered with exhaust, that much was apparent. Anyhow I was rather pleased with how my car pulled, 4th felt so nice.
    nice race.... mods????
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I have a healthy Stage 4 set up. Look at my profile, everything is in there. I pulled a conseravtive 286hp. Quick run down would be PE1820, FMIC, UTEC, and all supporting mods, Using a Turbosmart E-Boost, set to 20.9 psi.

caelin~

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill...with your mods you should definitely be able to take a stockish, pre 03 cobra
    2003 SRT-4

I always get the nod from Mustang owners. I have talked to a few and they seem to dig WRX's.

Those mods should get it done

nice kill...nice numbers with your setup also

..mustang guys seem to be cool...this excludes the 6 cylinder mustang owners...the v8's (gt or cobra) seem to appreciate wrx's...i've been asked to race and they are friendly...plus they got balls and will go off a dig if you ask them.....the 6cylinder mustang guys are almost as bad as riced out civics...always revving and trying to get you to waste gas
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    nice kill...nice numbers with your setup also

..mustang guys seem to be cool...this excludes the 6 cylinder mustang owners...the v8's (gt or cobra) seem to appreciate wrx's...i've been asked to race and they are friendly...plus they got balls and will go off a dig if you ask them.....the 6cylinder mustang guys are almost as bad as riced out civics...always revving and trying to get you to waste gas
    i HATE v6 mustangs.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    i HATE v6 mustangs.
    +1
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

is all that power on a stock tranni. and is that pretty much the max boost a stock wrx engine can hold?

Originally posted by locam
    I have a healthy Stage 4 set up. Look at my profile, everything is in there. I pulled a conseravtive 286hp. Quick run down would be PE1820, FMIC, UTEC, and all supporting mods, Using a Turbosmart E-Boost, set to 20.9 psi.

caelin~
    Ahh nice.. I have a very similar setup... but with ecutek, 19psi, and a little more whp.

How do you find the E-Boost??
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.