Me vs. LT1 Camaro from a 70 roll
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me vs. LT1 Camaro from a 70 roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was on the way to a local Subaru meet. Didn't have the good gas in there so I am only ...

Me vs. LT1 Camaro from a 70 roll

Was on the way to a local Subaru meet. Didn't have the good gas in there so I am only running 16 psi. Was on the interstate and just cruisingat about 70-75 mph. White LT1 Camaro (pretty sure it wasn't stock, but all I could tell it had was wheels) rolls up next to me and gives me a rev. End up putting it in third and he hears my engine rev up. As soon as he hears it he guns it. I hit the gas and as soon as the turbo spools I catch him and start to pull. When we shut down I had him by a little bit.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Me vs. LT1 Camaro from a 70 roll

kinda hapy i checked youe mods before i made a comment

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Was on the way to a local Subaru meet. Didn't have the good gas in there so I am only running 16 psi. Was on the interstate and just cruisingat about 70-75 mph. White LT1 Camaro (pretty sure it wasn't stock, but all I could tell it had was wheels) rolls up next to me and gives me a rev. End up putting it in third and he hears my engine rev up. As soon as he hears it he guns it. I hit the gas and as soon as the turbo spools I catch him and start to pull. When we shut down I had him by a little bit.
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

I pulled 3 cars on an LT1 camaro when i had uppipe/downpipe. So with your mods...you better do more than pull .
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by BobbyD
    I pulled 3 cars on an LT1 camaro when i had uppipe/downpipe. So with your mods...you better do more than pull .
    werd....

exhaust mods are enough for a rex to keep up with an LT1. and if memory serves me right... you are well beyond "exhaust mods"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    hmm...the lt1s still had 275-285hp...I'd think a WRX would need more boost in edtion to just exhaust in order to beat one from a roll...the lt1s trapped anywhere from 97-102 bone stock.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    hmm...the lt1s still had 275-285hp...I'd think a WRX would need more boost in edtion to just exhaust in order to beat one from a roll...the lt1s trapped anywhere from 97-102 bone stock.
    I agree its a good matchup. Obviously because I pulled 3 cars on an LT1 from a roll does not mean every UP/DP wrx will. I went from a 50-110 roll with the LT1...he had 1 passanger and I had none. With my current mods im certain i would beat it even worse from a roll.
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    I trapped at 108 with stock ECU and stock fuel. Lets just say neither one of those are stock anymore along with a few "drivetrain" mods.

I knew it wasn't going to be much of a run, but it was my first for 3 1/2+ months. Car was sleeping for a long time and I am just happy its back on the road.

So you were at 75mph in 3rd gear and you had to wait for your turbo to spool???
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

Originally posted by STiPwrSlide
    So you were at 75mph in 3rd gear and you had to wait for your turbo to spool???
    That is correct. I have a Greddy T67 on a stock WRX bottom end with no nitrous along with longer gears.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.