ive been challenged....how should i do? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on ive been challenged....how should i do? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thats awesome... if i did end up pickin one up, id def. do suspension mods first, then head towards power... ...

thats awesome...

if i did end up pickin one up, id def. do suspension mods first, then head towards power...

what have you done so far?

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    yea, with headers that is about right...I have an ls6 cam sitting in my room, and with that, some hooker headers, and an intake manifold, I should be at about 385rwhp with no compromise in daily driveablity. The ls1 is an awesome motor. If you're in the market for a FAST car, you can't go wrong with a camaro...they may have other shortcomings but overall, I'm very happy with mine. I've invested $500 in mods and I'm at 330rwhp, IMO that's damn good.
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by 8urVTEC
    thats awesome...

if i did end up pickin one up, id def. do suspension mods first, then head towards power...

what have you done so far?
    all I have is: Whisper Lid, Cutout, Ported stock throttle body, and an asp pulley. Thats about $600 in bolt ons, and I've barely begun the possiblities. The only suspension mod I have is subframe connectors. The car handles fairly well...nothing impressive but I can throw it into a curve at 85 or so and I'm not fearing for my life.
    2003 SRT-4

http://timeslips.firebirdv6.com/

There are many naturally aspirated vehicles with the 3.8 in the 14's on that list. I don't know the extent of their mods, however.

If the Firebird you are racing is not a Formula or TA, find out the year. 96 and later is the 3.8, I believe. 95 and earlier appears to be the 3.4. You should win handily if it's the 3.4. If it's a 3.8 with a few boltons, I'd expect it to be a good race against a stock 4eat WRX.

Win or lose, have fun, and do it at the track, please.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Bah, there's only one supercharged V6 on there that's running under a 14 second 1/4 mile. The rest are running nitrous and a lot have drag radials. If this guy has none of the above, just kick his ass already. Most 3.8Ls are teh weakness.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I dont know the V6 engines in the camaro/firebird

But i do know this i was at Atco one night and there was this 98-02 camaro V6 with bolt ons and he was running 15.1 i dont know if he ever got into the 14s. so i am guessing a stock V6 you would kill specially if you get a good launch.

Btw a S/C V6 should hit 13s
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.