ive been challenged....how should i do? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ive been challenged....how should i do? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'll laugh at them, haha Go out, have fun, and dont get an attitude. At least a mullet is not ...

I'll laugh at them, haha

Go out, have fun, and dont get an attitude. At least a mullet is not a requirement to owning a WRX . . .
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WRX
    are you stock? If so, from a roll he'll pull on you. From a stop you should own him up to say 75 or so. Then he'll probably pull past you. (assuming that you're stock)
    Even stock an LS1 firebird would pull from the line on, it doesn't matter if it's a stick or 4eat rex it's toast. One of my friends pulled a 1.75 60' and ran high 12s all days long and trapped 107mph with an intake mod and nothing else. All that = dead rex without serious mods. It's not being mean, it's just the truth.

If it's an LT1 more than likely he'll still molest you, but there's too many factors to list. Driver skills, engine and tranny condition, road conditions, weather, all kinds of things.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

I Support ClubWRX
    He said it was a non-Trans Am Firebird (V6).

I didn't know stock LS1s could pull 1.75 60' times without drag radials...

I still think a well-launched auto WRX with exhaust should beat a 3.8L Firebird, unless the Firebird has some good bolt-ons.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96

I still think a well-launched auto WRX with exhaust should beat a 3.8L Firebird, unless the Firebird has some good bolt-ons.
    I'm not sure, I witnessed it first hand at sac. He doesn't have the stock rubber on, but they aren't drag radials. I'll see if he'll dig up a slip for me. It was at sac raceway. At Pamona he only pulled 1.85-1.90 60's but for some odd reason he traps 3mph more and has run a 12.71@110.4 with only a lid tweak.

I think stock to stock a 3.8 would give a rex a run for it's money from a roll, but it depends on how it runs. One of my coworkers has a 3.8 camaro with only 60K miles on it and he takes great care of it, but that thing is a pile of crap. Slow, misfires, but it doesn't have some decent nuts for what it is.
    Last edited by illusion; 08-22-2004 at 09:36 PM.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

stock v6 from a stop or roll u'll own it.
    stock lt1 u'll own from a stop up until 100 or so.
    stock ls1 u'll have up to maybe 60.

figure out with year and auto to stick and get back to us.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    If it has a WS6 on the back in red letters....just pack up and head home.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

all matters from drivers. ifs a v6 you will destroy it. the lt1 from the line you will detroy it unless its got street slicks. from what ive notices with a lot of my friends having lt1's they like to spin a lot. the torque curve is defferent on a ls1. ls1 all maters on your driving, but my guess is you will get owned.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

Originally posted by Integra96

The prior owner of my car has a GTO now and he laid down a 1.8 sec 60ft time stock. Then again he's got an automatic and just had to stall it up as high as it could go.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4

stock ls1 u'll have up to maybe 60.

lol I don't think so...maybe up to about 30...but once traction kicks in it is over FAST
    2003 SRT-4

Like everyone else said. you will own the V6 from a roll or stop. He would need some pretty heafty mods to beat you from a stop. otherwise; if hes manual and has some mods, you might want to watch from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i agree with stoplight...

...o and by the way warrior, my buddys 02 or 03 tans put down 349/348 rwhp/tq, with i think I/H/E/intake manifold, then he had it tuned...just wondering if thats high/low, cause he said he was at 320's before tuning...dont know enough about LS's, possibly considering a SS next year...
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by 8urVTEC
    i agree with stoplight...

...o and by the way warrior, my buddys 02 or 03 tans put down 349/348 rwhp/tq, with i think I/H/E/intake manifold, then he had it tuned...just wondering if thats high/low, cause he said he was at 320's before tuning...dont know enough about LS's, possibly considering a SS next year...
    yea, with headers that is about right...I have an ls6 cam sitting in my room, and with that, some hooker headers, and an intake manifold, I should be at about 385rwhp with no compromise in daily driveablity. The ls1 is an awesome motor. If you're in the market for a FAST car, you can't go wrong with a camaro...they may have other shortcomings but overall, I'm very happy with mine. I've invested $500 in mods and I'm at 330rwhp, IMO that's damn good.
    2003 SRT-4

Most people without a 4EAT or having driving one wouldnt know but i think you got him. From a dig for sure. From a roll just make sure you start in proper gear. If its a 20MPH roll start in 1. As soon as you hit it just throw the shifter up to 3.

Originally posted by ScreamnRex
    Yea its a firebird...and by saying "you'll win", is that a certainty? Because i dont really wanna hear his mouth if i lose so if its gonna be too close im not gonna do it.
    Nothings certain, John Force could probably beat a WRX in a Yugo
    Orange cones fear me.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Most people without a 4EAT or having driving one wouldnt know but i think you got him. From a dig for sure. From a roll just make sure you start in proper gear. If its a 20MPH roll start in 1. As soon as you hit it just throw the shifter up to 3.
    definately. Be sure to read the thread about vacuum locking your breaks before you stall up the TC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.