Stock 02 wagon Vs. modded Rsx type s...

This is a discussion on Stock 02 wagon Vs. modded Rsx type s... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well tonight on my way home from my gf's i saw this dropped red rsx type s with white rims, ...

Stock 02 wagon Vs. modded Rsx type s...

well tonight on my way home from my gf's i saw this dropped red rsx type s with white rims, gauges, exhaust...looked nice...so i catch up to him and we get a light....ofcourse i spank him off the line and he couldnt grip worth a damn so we do it rolling off around 10 mph he takes off first and i hit it next and he jumps 1/2 a car just because he took off first... i start catching him a little on 2nd and we stay neck and neck until mid 3rd when we had to let off cuz of a stop sign...we tried to run a couple more times but we couldnt because of horrible streets full of pot holes n such...when we get another light before a neighborhood complex he tells me that he has an imported type r motor with headers, full 2.5 inch exhaust, intake, cams and other crap....i know he probably would've beat me from 4th and on.... but nice to know my stock subbie was able to keep up to his car with like 5 g's worth of mods...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool...now get some fvcking mods!
    2003 SRT-4

Something doesn't add up here.

Either he's full of **** or cannot drive. Possibly a combination of both.

An RSX-S with those kind of mods would have handed your stock WRX it's ass.

I call BS.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Re: Stock 02 wagon Vs. modded Rsx type s...

Originally posted by evL`WrX
    well tonight on my way home from my gf's i saw this dropped red rsx type s with white rims, gauges, exhaust...looked nice...so i catch up to him and we get a light....ofcourse i spank him off the line and he couldnt grip worth a damn so we do it rolling off around 10 mph he takes off first and i hit it next and he jumps 1/2 a car just because he took off first... i start catching him a little on 2nd and we stay neck and neck until mid 3rd when we had to let off cuz of a stop sign...we tried to run a couple more times but we couldnt because of horrible streets full of pot holes n such...when we get another light before a neighborhood complex he tells me that he has an imported type r motor with headers, full 2.5 inch exhaust, intake, cams and other crap....i know he probably would've beat me from 4th and on.... but nice to know my stock subbie was able to keep up to his car with like 5 g's worth of mods...

either that guy was full of it, or your making this up.
    first off, no one is going to ditch their K20 motor for a JDM type R. it just doesnt make sense.

second of all, that car is EASILY worth 13's in the 1/4 and without your launch he should have raped you. with the mods above, not only is he making similar if not better WHP than you, but also weighing about 450 lbs less.

it just doesnt logically make any sense. Even if he was to use a JDM type R motor, that motor on I/E/H cams and such is 13sec territory and even low 14's with a crappy driver.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

:\ well thats what he told me...since i dont know the slightest difference between the rsx type s and jdm type r motor i really couldnt tell him anything but he told me it made 20 hp more...so i was like w.e....but yeah it happened and ill be getting my helix up/down pipe and borla hush catback in 2 weeks or so....