My First WRX Kill with the Truck..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My First WRX Kill with the Truck.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WEll, i finally got the opportunity to race a WRX with my 6700lb Turbo Diesel Truck... its a 04 LLY ...

My First WRX Kill with the Truck..

WEll, i finally got the opportunity to race a WRX with my 6700lb Turbo Diesel Truck... its a 04 LLY Silverado extended cab 2500 HD.. It is my tow vehicle for my trailored mustang and it is my daily driver... well heres the story...

I hear the rumble and the pshhhtt of a blow off valve in front of me, i also notice an sti wing on a standard WRX... Appearing mods are: BOV and Catback at least.. He had gauges in the car also... So i speed up next to him to catch a light, and there were 2 kids in the car, they look over and give me sort of a laugh... WEll i put the truck in 4wd, spool the turbo up, he starts revving the car up ready to launch, light turns and i immediately catch about a car on him, pulling to about a car and a half up to 90mph.. it was a great race and the kids looked at me dumbfounded like "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?!" Anyway just thought i would share my story, its always fun surprising people with a big ol diesel truck
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

crazy! what is done to your deisel? my dad ran a 13.4 with propane/chip/exh/etc. so i know they can be fast. but its hard for me to believe your 6700lbs truck got a wrx off a dig. bad launch mabye?

My guess is the torque, those turbo diesels make. My buddy was just telling me how his uncle has a F350 and he smoked a WRX on the freeway. Which I believe but didn't think it would have a chance from a dig. I hear the "Banks" kit for the turbo diesels are sick, 4 wheel burnouts all day!

Nice Kill!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Originally posted by POLAR
    crazy! what is done to your deisel? my dad ran a 13.4 with propane/chip/exh/etc. so i know they can be fast. but its hard for me to believe your 6700lbs truck got a wrx off a dig. bad launch mabye?

does he launch in 4wd???

I have the late model LLY Duramax, which comes with a better turbo then pervious duramax's and almost 30 more HP Stock... I have a tuner set at 130hp, intake and exhaust (and 1 more secret mod! . My truck literally launches harder then my 400 awhp WRX launched, the torque just throws the truck forward like a friggen sling shot.... What the hell, ill give my secret away!!! Here is the trick... You launch the car in 4wd, then right after launch hit the buttom back to 2wd, then your motor is working less harder just spinning the back wheels and you gain a ton of midrange!

Originally posted by RobPA
    does he launch in 4wd???

I have the late model LLY Duramax, which comes with a better turbo then pervious duramax's and almost 30 more HP Stock... I have a tuner set at 130hp, intake and exhaust (and 1 more secret mod! . My truck literally launches harder then my 400 awhp WRX launched, the torque just throws the truck forward like a friggen sling shot.... What the hell, ill give my secret away!!! Here is the trick... You launch the car in 4wd, then right after launch hit the buttom back to 2wd, then your motor is working less harder just spinning the back wheels and you gain a ton of midrange!
    Tricky . I like that. I never would have thought of that one. Next time I use my dad's supercharged Tacoma, i'll try that. Wait a minute.... oh well the truck doesn't have a 4wd button just the usual 4 lo, 4 hi, 2 wd shifter. Dang ... it sounded like a good idea though.

I hate throwing my truck into 2wd from 4wd on the fly, especially with a load on the engine.

I guess it's just me though.

hey rob why dont you race my wrx with my sti wing
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

Originally posted by ramair18954
    hey rob why dont you race my wrx with my sti wing
    ill race you in the convertible mustang tonight, for $50 bucks.

maybe you should go to your gay quick eights and race it there.

I lost to a duramax at the strip. He ran a 12.5 vs. my 13.4.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

lol calm it down guys. Who cares about racing, that doesnt prove who the better man is...go do a foot race instead haha.
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Hate to be the transfer case in that truck! ouch

lol i know him

diesels are insane... any mod you put on, boosts the power by a ton... like on the chevy duramax, putting on new bigger injectors is like 150 HP(maybe more) and 250-300 torque... its crazy stuff

Originally posted by ramair18954
    maybe you should go to your gay quick eights and race it there.

lol come up to town tonight and im gonna SMACK YOU !!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.