me vs. cavalier
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on me vs. cavalier within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This race was me in my 97 mirage 4dr vs. a cavalier. I wont have a wrx until probably November ...

me vs. cavalier

This race was me in my 97 mirage 4dr vs. a cavalier. I wont have a wrx until probably November but I thought you would all like this story and probably laugh. Oh and it might be long but it shows how funny some "racers" are when they think they have a fast car.

It was like 12midnight to like 1am and me and my friend went to jack in the box to get a bite to eat. We are sitting in my car eating in the parking lot and after we are done eating we are just sitting there for a while when all of a sudden this cavalier (probably no more than 2 years old) with an exhaust pulls right in front of me, looks right at me, then revs and pulls away. I looked at my friend and asked "was he reving at me?" and my friend said "I think so". I start up my car and he is all the way at the other end of the parking lot. When I start to pull out he guns it to where I am at almost hitting me then peels out to the main road and takes off so I floor it and went from 8 car lengths behind him to walking away.

So when I got to like 85 I just let off cause I got so far ahead. After I let off I slowed down to the speed limit which was 40 and I see him coming up pretty quick then he slows down right by me and revs yet again and takes off. So he slows down and I thought he was going to turn right at the light but he didn't and he was just driving really slowly. I slowed down to about 25 and he was still falling behind so I came to a dead stop cause there were no cars out and besides he reved on me again so I wanted to go at it one more time. I was at a dead stop and he creeps up slowly then when he gets near my back bumper he guns it and I am still on the brake pedal so I ease out the clutch and floor it.

Bye the time I started to go he had at least like 2 cars on me but by the time I shifted into 2nd I was side by side with him and stared at him while I went by and by the time I got to 80 I had about 3 cars or so on him plus I came back from about 2 cars behind him. After the 2nd go at it he slowed down way back and turned right.

Just to let you all know my car is comepletly stock only 115hp and 118tq from the factory according to the specs. I don't know why but civics and all these so called racers over here liek to race me for some reason and I even stayed dead even with a prelude from a 30mph roll till 90 then I shut down cause I big 90degree turn was coming up. After racing all these cars and seeing that I can beat them or pull even with my stock mirage I am just going crazy thinking about what my stock rex will do when I get it and what it will do after some mods.

Well hope you all enjoyed the story and hopefully got a laugh out of it. Oh and sorry about the length but I tend to right things in detail. Oh and the air smelled as if someone was having a nice bar b que with honey bar b que sauce hahahaha j/k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like my races!

I have a 95 Grand Am, 4-door. I've got the usual ricey stuff like a muffler and an intake but I'm still at about 150hp. I get the usual civics, focuses and cavys. Beat a black focus ZX3 in Raleigh, NC. Beat a Vortech V6 Blazer in the rain. Beat a black cavalier with a color changing body kit on Greenbriar Parkway in Chesapeake VA. I'm glad someone posted a run in here in something that sounds along the lines of mine. I put the muffler and stuff like that on when I was in high school and it's kind of embarrassing now but it does pull me some ricers and I just love walking away from em and seeing that puzzled "WTF?" look. Nice kill man, I too dream of the potential of the rex. Good times!
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys will really see a difference in the Rex, hehe. Grand Ams, Mirages, and Cavaliers = appetizers for the Subie. I remember those days of lame red light gunning sessions (not really street racing, IMO) with my torqueless 'Teg. I'd just beat up on V6 Mustangs and Dodge Neons and stuff. Anything else would hose me.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah I laugh whenever someone wants to race me cause I have never thought of my car as fast. I think it does something like 16.5 in the 1/4 stock so if that's true then civics and most of those other cars must do like 19's in the 1/4.

From what ppl have told me, even though my car only has 115hp it's faster than civics and a bunch of those other cars ppl like to buy to "race out". I have even went against an older civic vtec like a mid 90's civic and I beat it so I can't wait till I get my wrx.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    wtf! Why doesn't anyone ever rev at me like that?!?!
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    wtf! Why doesn't anyone ever rev at me like that?!?!
    Same with me. Teh fastar cars don't do anything to me...I only get ricers, minivans, and trucks to rev - and half the time they're going in the opposite direction.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Integra96
    Same with me. Teh fastar cars don't do anything to me...I only get ricers, minivans, and trucks to rev - and half the time they're going in the opposite direction.
    fvck them!!
    2003 SRT-4

Re: me vs. cavalier

Originally posted by TheReaper

. After racing all these cars and seeing that I can beat them or pull even with my stock mirage I am just going crazy thinking about what my stock rex will do when I get it and what it will do after some mods.
    You are absolutely correct! A stock WRX will absolutely maul 99.99% of the street ricers out there. Just remember to not be cocky about it. Compliment the challenging car, no matter how hideous. You may find that the WRX will actually cause some ricers to look everywhere but at your car. They know they will get waxed and will not acknowledge you. It sounds like you know how to squeeze power out of a car. Apply that driving skill to the WRX (especially perfecting the launch), and you will have no problems.
    2004 WRX

Re: Re: me vs. cavalier

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    You may find that the WRX will actually cause some ricers to look everywhere but at your car. They know they will get waxed and will not acknowledge you.
    This is one of the funniest things that I've noticed. I've had the rex for about 3 months now and the usual punks around the neighborhood that go around reving at people don't even look at my rex, the intimidation factor is awesome!

Re: Re: Re: me vs. cavalier

in 4-5 months have had MAYBE 2 people even try and play and one was an S4...

noone ever seems to want to play. they just act like were not there. ..
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

I know of 2 ppl in my neighborhood that will probably try to race me after I get my rex and break it in. One of them has an srt4 and the other one has an sti which I will have major problems with unless I put some mods on the car but the srt4 guy doesnt know how to drive the car well so I might could pull even or beat him if he drives bad. There use to be a drag track about 3 or 4 miles from my place but the closed down a week or 2 ago for some reason so I have to find another place to run the 1/4 if I want to do it on a track. Qualcomm stadium over here does do 1/8 races every saturday I believe so I can do that if there are no 1/4 tracks around me.

Re: Re: Re: me vs. cavalier

Originally posted by Phat04WRX
    This is one of the funniest things that I've noticed. I've had the rex for about 3 months now and the usual punks around the neighborhood that go around reving at people don't even look at my rex, the intimidation factor is awesome!

On Tuesday night an early 90's Eclipse would have nothing to do with me either. It was like my car was in another dimension. I paced them for a while, and they were driving around like they had a temporary spare on. I could hear a faint BOV, but who knows that could have been one of those ricer electronic ones too.
    2004 WRX

You will love the rex.
    2004 STi

Baaa..Nobody wants to play with me either. I think the reason is most high end car owners, Porsches, Ferraris, AMGs and the such dont know what the STi is and think its just another ricer. and the ricers know they have no chance in hell so they dont bother.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.