Me vs focus SVT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs focus SVT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WTF are some people thinking? I'm sitting at a light minding my own business...there are no other cars going my ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Me vs focus SVT

WTF are some people thinking?

I'm sitting at a light minding my own business...there are no other cars going my way. I see something *interesting* in my rearview but I can't really tell what it is. Finally it catches up and I notice it's an SVT focus! They handle well but I hear they run high 16s. The guy lines up next to me (i'm in the z28) and revs!! He smiles and looks like he really thinks he's going to beat me!! When the light turned green I tried to launch on him but he kept up through the first 100' or so as I kinda spun but then once traction stopped being an issue I put about 57 cars on him, and shut down at 95 or so. I was so far ahead I was able to go through the next yellow but he got stopped so I never saw him again...I really wonder what the dealership must have told this guy to make him think he was driving something fast.
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Well, I know when I was going to buy my Trans Am, I was looking at abunch of different dealerships for them. I happened to stop at a Ford dealership, and I asked him if they had any Trans Ams or Camaros with V8s. He told me that he didn't, but if I was looking for a fast car, I should look into the Ford Focus SVTs that they had on the lot. I almost started laughing, but I asked him to tell me about them. He said he drove one, and he couldn't believe how fast they were. They have supercharged engines, and they put out 275 hp. Wow! I said. I thought that they were naturally aspirated, and they put out 175 hp from their 2.0L Zetec engine.

So I took it for a test drive, because I was bored, and it was getting late. It was extremely slow. After the test drive, I popped the hood and asked him where the supercharger was. He told me that supercharged engines means that they "supe them up" at the factory. I told him I was always under the understanding that a supercharger was a device that forced compressed air into the engine, traditionally by using a belt-driven device run by the engine. He said I might be thinking of a turbocharger. I said, yeah, that must be it, and went back to my turbocharged WRX and drove away.

Oh yeah. He also told me that this was the fasted car he had ever driven. The dealership must not let morons like him out with their Mustang GTs or Cobras.

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar
    my god, a similar thing happened with me. I like this kid, he's a good guy, but he has this Jetta that he says is a "Type-S" which means that it is AWD. So he thinks he can butcher my rex, alas I am still in the break in period
    2004 Aspen White Wagon
    aka "The White Rhino"

No more, looking at either Mini S or 05 WRX

wow.... I had an ordeal with a focus SVT yesterday. I was going down the main BLVD after i got my dinner. My Girlfriends cousin was in the car with me, and he tells me that the SVT's could keep up with me. Hmm, sounded interesting to me so when the svt pulls up next to me and i see its some punk ass, i rev a little, so does he. Lights hits green and we go, he kept up with me outa first gear, but by the time i shifted into 3rd there was no way he was gunna catch up. Sorta disappointed by the whole experience. But eh...who cares

Originally posted by psychoskip
    wow.... I had an ordeal with a focus SVT yesterday. I was going down the main BLVD after i got my dinner. My Girlfriends cousin was in the car with me, and he tells me that the SVT's could keep up with me. Hmm, sounded interesting to me so when the svt pulls up next to me and i see its some punk ass, i rev a little, so does he. Lights hits green and we go, he kept up with me outa first gear, but by the time i shifted into 3rd there was no way he was gunna catch up. Sorta disappointed by the whole experience. But eh...who cares
    I guess you didn't launch then, you should have smoked him in every gear.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

HAHAHA oh god I was just gonna post about a run in with one that i had tonight - kid thought he was tough and tried to cut me off on the highway so I sped up real quick still in fifth gear and he tried to move over but had to jump back into his lane because I was right along side of him within five milliseconds......I then dropped into third because I was only doing about 60 and stayed right next to him...waited for his death glare and then proceeded to take thrid gear out to about 85 and shut down...needless to say he didnt come near me again. Those cars are right up there with the new civic si - lots of cocky drivers but no real power or real driving ability from the drivers - very disappointing - I would like a challenge .
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

I Support ClubWRX
    Bleh, the Focus SVT is so overhyped. I'm sure it would make a decent autocross car with some bolt-ons, but the thing is just not fast at all. Ford needs to bring over the Focus RS2000 or whatever it's called...then we'd have some terrifying competition.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Rs2000 goes 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. At least thats what the world record use to be. They make an RS8 forcus with 500HP
    2004 Aspen White Wagon
    aka "The White Rhino"

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Well, I know when I was going to buy my Trans Am, I was looking at abunch of different dealerships for them. I happened to stop at a Ford dealership, and I asked him if they had any Trans Ams or Camaros with V8s. He told me that he didn't, but if I was looking for a fast car, I should look into the Ford Focus SVTs that they had on the lot. I almost started laughing, but I asked him to tell me about them. He said he drove one, and he couldn't believe how fast they were. They have supercharged engines, and they put out 275 hp. Wow! I said. I thought that they were naturally aspirated, and they put out 175 hp from their 2.0L Zetec engine.

So I took it for a test drive, because I was bored, and it was getting late. It was extremely slow. After the test drive, I popped the hood and asked him where the supercharger was. He told me that supercharged engines means that they "supe them up" at the factory. I told him I was always under the understanding that a supercharger was a device that forced compressed air into the engine, traditionally by using a belt-driven device run by the engine. He said I might be thinking of a turbocharger. I said, yeah, that must be it, and went back to my turbocharged WRX and drove away.

Oh yeah. He also told me that this was the fasted car he had ever driven. The dealership must not let morons like him out with their Mustang GTs or Cobras.
    Not letting morons like that drive anything faster than the Focus is a good thing.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

okay, this might win post of the year. i'm laughing so loud i'd get fired if i didn't already quit this dump.

lol.

I got beat by a Focus SVT the other nite in my Sti.....

Oh ya, I was parked in my driveway when he drove by
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Sounds like another confused salesman/tech. I remember hearing funny stories about the SHO Taurus when I had one. Many dealers/salemen told customers they were "supercharged". One owner almost got their warranty voided bringing their SHO in for warranty work. The reason was the "installation of an after market Japanese (Yamaha) engine".
    2004 WRX

Wait, the SHO isnt Supercharged?
    2004 Aspen White Wagon
    aka "The White Rhino"

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by persianpunisher
    Wait, the SHO isnt Supercharged?
    no, lol...they were fun little cars for their time but never anything impressive. Depending on year, some had v6s and some had v8s.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    no, lol...they were fun little cars for their time but never anything impressive. Depending on year, some had v6s and some had v8s.

Not impressive? Stock for stock able to walk a Mustang GT of the same year on the highway not impressive (89-95)?? The V6's were actually quicker than the V8's. I call that pretty impressive for a TAURUS. lol
    2004 WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.