me v. civic...1st kill
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on me v. civic...1st kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So as you may or may not know I got my 2003 PSM WRX sedan today. Me and my cousin ...

Talking me v. civic...1st kill

So as you may or may not know I got my 2003 PSM WRX sedan today. Me and my cousin (tacsatarmy on these boards) decided to go cruising around. We went down to the street where most of the ricers ride around and found a few. Pulled up next to one and asked if he wanted to run and he said yeah. He had a loud ass exhaust and was spinning tires everywhere, spinning while switching to 2nd and 3rd gear as well. He thought he was hot stuff. Well he follows me untill we finally get side by side again and he asks "is that AWD?" yes "is it turbo" yes. Then he asks "whats it run" and my cousin says "its got a 30 day tag" (implying that is BRAND new and the times are unknown). The ricer's girlfriend then makes some smart ass remark that we just ignore. Finally we get side by side to a light. I am nervous (first street race and brand new car) and the light turns green. I accidently completely drop the clutch and bog us down to under 2000RPM's in first gear, but the civic is still behind us screeching tires. Finally I hit boost and take off, then 2nd the same, then just slow off at about 60mph and he drives by I give him the nod and he did nothing.

Long story short.....

I know I shouldnt be out looking to street race, but I just had to do it, and had to show off.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did u at least go through proper break in procedure?

its a 2003- it has to have some miles on it.

good kill, just work on the launch, biggest key and shifting.

ahh, guess I skimmed over the story too fast

It's no biggie really. I raced an older Integra (no launch or anything) while I was breaking in the car. I wasn't vast quantities of cars ahead of him, but I was winning while shifting at 4000 RPMs.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    its a 2003- it has to have some miles on it.
    Correct, a 2003 with 35,000 miles on it. Alot for a 2003, but they we are assuming they were all highway cause you cant put that many miles on it that fast.

Anywho, thanks. The story may not make much sense because I wrote it last night when I was really tired.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

Maybe the guy that owned it was a street racing pizza delivery guy?

This car feels and looks brand new inside and out. The sideskirts arent even painted. I dont think the previous owner knew what he/she had.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

Originally posted by k662
    Correct, a 2003 with 35,000 miles on it. Alot for a 2003, but they we are assuming they were all highway cause you cant put that many miles on it that fast.

Oh yes you can, my 04' has 33k on it. Mostly city miles... Good way to christen your new toy, killing a ricer... Welcome to the club!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.