Late nite race w/ a hatchback

This is a discussion on Late nite race w/ a hatchback within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This isn't even really an exciting story but I just feel like sharing anyways. I'll admit that I rarely ever ...

Late nite race w/ a hatchback

This isn't even really an exciting story but I just feel like sharing anyways. I'll admit that I rarely ever get races so when the chance arises I'm usually up for the challenge. Unfortunately the challenge last night was just a rev-happy civic w/ nothing to back up his aggressive taunting.

I'm heading to my x-gf's place after a night out clubbing w/ the fellaz It's pretty late... about 2am and the streets are pretty empty. I'm stopped at a light and up comes a 92-95 red civic hatchback. It had some simple mods: lowered, rims, exhaust... at this point the ricer in him starts to come out. He starts reving at me and high beaming the stop light ( i assume to make it change green?) Well.. the light doesn't turn green for a while so he's sitting there doing this for a good minute or so... just reving like a moron.

I'm thinking to myself... there's a good chance that this guy might actually have something but then I think some more and conclude there's a better chance that he's just a rev-happy ricer that wants his ass handed to him. Well, as I'm contimplating this the light is about to turn green. Ahh... what the hell, let's run this guy and see what happens.

Light turns green and his tires are spinning. I launch at about 3-4k rpm and feather it out keeping in boost. Wow... the race was over immediately. I jumped out a good 2-3 cars and kept pulling up to about 70mph resulting in seriously a 5-6 car win. Needless to say, he wasn't hiding anything fancy under the hood. Well, I slowed to normal speeds and he passed me up, and that was the last I saw of the little hatch.

A little disappointed that my one race of the year had to be against a ricey civic owner. I'm actually an ex-hybrid hatch owner so I know what they're capable of but too bad this wasn't a real match. Oh well, it was fun to put him in his place.

I'm Cobb stg2 by the way... debating about going to 2.5.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great race though man, launching is tough! I know they're a little ricey but I was thinking about doing a buildup on a little older model hatch just to have a sweet lil daily driver that would be good on gas but I could still have fun with it on the way home.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

hehehe that reminds me of a little race I had a while back.

a green fodo civic was sitten next to me not reving or anything plus it was raining so I thought nothing of it. well other lights turn yellow next thing I know. vvvVVRRRRRROOOMMMMMMM. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE

his damn front tire must have been spining for like the whole 6 seconds of the intersection i just lightly pressed the gas and gently let out the clutch and stayed side by side with him then I hit boost and BAM!!!!!! it was so Fricken funny I was laughing for about 10 car lengths.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

^^^

HAHAHAHA one of my friends drives a civic and almost the exact same thing happened. the diff was that i knew he wanted to race

nice kill

No doubt that a civic can be quite a monster but I just think it's hilarious when a 120 hp car thinks it will have a chance against a awd 227 hp car. That's almost twice the hp and twice the traction... just doesn't make sense to me.

I'll admit I had fun when I owned a civic hatch. I had a b16 in it... wasn't fast but it was definitely quick and fun to drive. I must admit the sound of vtec is nice and reving up to 8k is addicting. I've moved on to better things.