'02 WRX (18g) vs. pre-03 SVT Cobra w/mild mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '02 WRX (18g) vs. pre-03 SVT Cobra w/mild mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out on Tue afternoon, and heard the sound of a Mustang in front of me at a light. ...

I Support ClubWRX

'02 WRX (18g) vs. pre-03 SVT Cobra w/mild mods

I was out on Tue afternoon, and heard the sound of a Mustang in front of me at a light. A van was between us, so I couldn't see around him for a bit. I managed to get around the van, and sure enough, I see a nice Mustang w/the aggressive Cobra stance and sweet rims ahead. At one point, we had a light side by side, and I did a brief 1st gear pull to catch up to some car in front of me, and to communicate to the Mustang that I was feeling playful, in case we caught a light. He moved behind me, and within a few lights, we caught one, w/me in front, and him in the back.

Now, I was not about to have an unfair advantage, especially since last time I raced a '98 Cobra (305 hp), I stomped him from a roll twice, and slaughtered him from a dig. So I moved off the line a little slowly, which apparently pissed him off, because he was riding my bumper, and flew out to the left as soon as we were past the car next to me. I was in 2nd, taching at least 4k rpm, and he went to fly by, yelling at me out his passenger window: I timed him, and stopped his progress right as his passenger front door was even w/my front bumper. Through most of 3rd gear we ran even, which surprised me that he kept up so well. By the top of 3rd, I started to pull him, and into 4th, I steadily walked away, and he shut down by the time I had a carlength. I was laughing at him the whole time I passed him, 'cause it was funny as hell the way he was yelling at me w/that ****y look on his face, only to get own3d by the 4 cyl, lol.

He stayed way behind me after that, even though I slowed to the speed limit. And all I wanted to do was give him a thumbs up, lol. He wanted none of it.

I hit a turn around later, and gave him a friendly beep, as had pulled in behind me to make a left...sore loser.
    Last edited by annointed; 12-22-2009 at 08:28 AM.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NICE!!!!!!

love it

Nice kill, I have a lot of ****y mustang drivers where I live. I still haven't raced a SCed one yet but every cobra I've raced never stays with me longer than top of 3rd. I love these threads.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.