wrx vs. entire town.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs. entire town. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so everyone in my town just HATES wrx's. its pretty much a group of tegs (gsr's and a couple of ...

wrx vs. entire town.

so everyone in my town just HATES wrx's. its pretty much a group of tegs (gsr's and a couple of type r's) and 1.8t's.
    they were talking MAJOR sh1t about how their cars run 12's and 13's.

so they all challenged me to a race. Each one of them lined up, and each one of them lost. Went from a dig with the 1.8t, and two gsr's (intake headers exhaust and other unmentioned mods) got 4 cars off the launch and they never pulled back. the two gsr's tho were spinning tires from the launch and missed the shift a few times. One gsr with just an exhaust raced from 3 honks, and the wrx took him pretty easily by a few cars from 20 - 90. the other gsr with major mods who was spinning like crazy from a dig went from a 15mhp roll. wrx was out of boost and he was right in his vtec range so he jumped 2 cars. wrx was pulling him back by 3rd but he shut down. if we had raced from any other speed it wouldn't have been the same result.

the reason for all of this owneage was a new accessport... its been doing its job and boost has been at 14.7 psi in 3rd, 14.2 in second and 13.2 in first. Car feels all around great and was even able to beat a type r from a roll hands down. now just to wait for the exhaust components again...

-burrito

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: wrx vs. entire town.

Originally posted by burrito007
    so everyone in my town just HATES wrx's. its pretty much a group of tegs (gsr's and a couple of type r's) and 1.8t's.

so they all challenged me to a race. Each one of them lined up, and each one of them lost. Went from a dig with the 1.8t, and two gsr's (intake headers exhaust and other unmentioned mods) got 4 cars off the launch and they never pulled back. the two gsr's tho were spinning tires from the launch and missed the shift a few times. One gsr with just an exhaust raced from 3 honks, and the wrx took him pretty easily by a few cars from 20 - 90. the other gsr with major mods who was spinning like crazy from a dig went from a 15mhp roll. wrx was out of boost and he was right in his vtec range so he jumped 2 cars. wrx was pulling him back by 3rd but he shut down. if we had raced from any other speed it wouldn't have been the same result.

the reason for all of this owneage was a new accessport... its been doing its job and boost has been at 14.7 psi in 3rd, 14.2 in second and 13.2 in first. Car feels all around great and was even able to beat a type r from a roll hands down. now just to wait for the exhaust components again...

-burrito
    keep up the good work
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

in the 1/8 mile right?

Good runs.

Type Rs are known for top end.

everyone in my town just HATES wrx's.
    they're jealous

stage I or stage II??
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

what are your mods? Ifa ll you have is the Cobb AP with out anything else Im going to say that BS. GSR should have killed you.. but if you have other mods I can see it.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

im pretty sure he is stage 1 b/c he said "now i have to wait for exhaust components"

which is still really impressive for stage 1. Awesome job dude and keep up the good work, and please dont give us WRX's a bad name by letting one of them beat you, unless they are modded beyond belief lol

I cant wait now to get my accessport within the next month or two, and get my uppipe and downpipe on next week (full turbo back then ) and take down some more cars.

Nice job.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by jimi900
    what are your mods? Ifa ll you have is the Cobb AP with out anything else Im going to say that BS. GSR should have killed you.. but if you have other mods I can see it.
    Why do you call bs on that, a good driver should be able to put a stage I into the high 13s

-burrito
    Good kills. Sounds like you have some slow ass cars in your town. Glad you kicked some ass!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Sorry to jack the thread, but...silverscooby, I noticed you had a wrx before the srt-4, how are you liking the neon? Not trying to be an a$$ but I was just wondering because I really like both cars and from someone who has modified a wrx and an srt I would just like to know how the srt measures up vs. the awd suby. Thanks and I hope this doesn't ruin ole boy's thread.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

I wish my town was like that. My sleeper guise has disapeared and now nobody tries to race me.

I'm not big into street racing but I like putting ricers in their place.

Good kill
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Originally posted by GTScoob
    I wish my town was like that. My sleeper guise has disapeared and now nobody tries to race me.

I'm not big into street racing but I like putting ricers in their place.

Good kill
    You know its funny...no believes my story about how my fmic is really a license plate frame.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.