Black STI vs. My SRT-4 on 405fwy

This is a discussion on Black STI vs. My SRT-4 on 405fwy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was wondering if the guy I raced is in here??? You pulled up to me passing Crenshaw Blvd and gave ...

Black STI vs. My SRT-4 on 405fwy

Was wondering if the guy I raced is in here??? You pulled up to me passing Crenshaw Blvd and gave the BOV salute

Well we ran 3 times and all from about 70 mph to 120mph. Well from 3rd to 4th we were glued neck to neck and begining of 4th to end I pulled about a car and stayed like that. No more pulling or gaining. My 4th starts at 80 and ends at 120mph in my car. We gave thumbs up and buddy took off, I wanted to see what he had, but all I was able to see was a Super Chrome Exhaust. Cool guy and Fun Race
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just curious, but I saw a vid (actually 2) of an srt-4(s) doing a 5-140 and 5-160 run and both times 3rd ended at 90 mph, and 4th ended around 125-130mph. These were right at the 6k rpms mark. Did you shift a little before you hit 6k or right at 6k?

No Way

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    just curious, but I saw a vid (actually 2) of an srt-4(s) doing a 5-140 and 5-160 run and both times 3rd ended at 90 mph, and 4th ended around 125-130mph. These were right at the 6k rpms mark. Did you shift a little before you hit 6k or right at 6k?
    Nah Bro, I shift at about 5800rpm-6000rpm and thats 80mph and pushing it. In 4th, if I hit redline, It's a tad bit over 120mph. That vid you saw, I have to see, because I know alot of SRT owners and there the same.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

you have quit a list a of mods ... haha damn.

awesome run. Good job (even though your the bad guy, haha )

Bad, Who Me?

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    you have quit a list a of mods ... haha damn.

awesome run. Good job (even though your the bad guy, haha )
    He He, not a bad guy, only bad when others hate and have no respect for other peeps cars
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: No Way

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    Nah Bro, I shift at about 5800rpm-6000rpm and thats 80mph and pushing it. In 4th, if I hit redline, It's a tad bit over 120mph. That vid you saw, I have to see, because I know alot of SRT owners and there the same.
    I just uploaded 2 of the videos I have that I got from the srt forums several months ago. If you pause the video right at 6k rpms, you'll see that 3rd gear ends at 90 mph, and 4th ends around 125-130 mph. These videos are from 2 different srt-4's.

The link will only be good for 7 days or down if too many people d/l.

Left click on links.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...D267A6DE0F9B84

http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=8...2311605EA4DB7F
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 08-20-2004 at 08:45 PM.

Re: Re: No Way

I just uploaded 2 of the videos I have that I got from the srt forums several months ago. If you pause the video right at 6k rpms, you'll see that 3rd gear ends at 90 mph, and 4th ends around 125-130 mph. These videos are from 2 different srt-4's.

The link will only be good for 7 days or down if too many people d/l.

Left click on links.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...D267A6DE0F9B84

http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=8...2311605EA4DB7F
    LOL, thats KeiKei and quite a few people at srtforums wants a piece of this mofo. He has sold an AGP wastegate to like 10 people, an o2 housing, exhaust and some other stuff I can't remember, and all of a sudden he'd post vids of his SRT being quick, and then people started catching on on his scheme. He also used 2 names to fool people.

He used the money to get a bigger turbo upgrade and other stuff so thats why his car redlines with that speed. You can ask other SRT owners here who are mildy modded and they should have the same speed at redline as me. I'll try and dig up some of these threads. Peace

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...ight=keikeisrt
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 08-21-2004 at 12:49 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

ahh ok my apologies. I just assumed it was at those speeds (90 and 125) that all srt-4's ended at.

That was an interesting read The keikei guy is in deep isht.

Btw, in the video that someone posted in that thread, you can somewhat read his license plate number at around the 4 min 45 sec mark. Just in case that address people posted isn't the real one, they can check the plates

Cool

That was an interesting read The keikei guy is in deep isht.

Btw, in the video that someone posted in that thread, you can somewhat read his license plate number at around the 4 min 45 sec mark. Just in case that address people posted isn't the real one, they can check the plates
    Cool, good eye, I'll let a few peeps know about that if they don't already know. Good thing he didn't eff me, cuz I got some Crazy Fam in NorCal that would have had his Arse already
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS