My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2 nights ago i was driving down this main road in my town.. 4 lanes.. i see this black mustang ...

My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT

2 nights ago i was driving down this main road in my town.. 4 lanes.. i see this black mustang cruising weaving in and out of trafic.. he passed me (i was doing the speedlimit 55) he turned left, so did I.. next thing i know this light turns yellow.. then red.. i pull up next to this guy he looks over at me and called me a punk and that i should drive american!? then he reved at me that thing sounded mean... keep in mind it just rained out about 1/2 hour ago... it turns green i drop the clutch he does the same.. i take off he sits and spins like crazy.. i pulled about 1 1/2 cars on him and then pulled about 3 untill around 80mph then he started pullin on me and closed up to about a car length.. i ended up beatin him to the next intersection which was about 1/2 mile down the rd.. pretty weird those SVT's are real fast.. man i love the AWD tho

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    yea if this story is real...

then that guy sounds like an idiot, BUT if it wasnt raining, any year cobra after 1995 will SMOKE a stock WRX, so watch out.
    2003 SRT-4

oh yeah deffintly i know a svt would beat me i didnt understand how i beat him.. he musta spun really bad

H2Owned!

Originally posted by Sedlmeier101
    oh yeah deffintly i know a svt would beat me i didnt understand how i beat him.. he musta spun really bad
    cobras have trouble hooking up on dry pavement. if the ground is wet and you launch, the race is pretty much yours.
    just dont be quite so confident next time its dry out
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I hate those cars! They always beat me . And some of the local cops have them. That makes it a cop car around here. If you own one, the locals will ask you from what district do you work in. But they look purdy!

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    yea if this story is real...

then that guy sounds like an idiot, BUT if it wasnt raining, any year cobra after 1995 will SMOKE a stock WRX, so watch out.

The pre Supercharged cobras after 95 ran a magazine time of a 14.1, the wrx ran a magazine time of a 14.1, how does that equate to the cobra smoking the wrx? And yes i have seen many pre supercharged post 5.0 cobras run in the 14s, its not uncommon they aren't that fast stock.

magazine racing sucks

It's all about the driver. Anything is possible on the street.
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    The pre Supercharged cobras after 95 ran a magazine time of a 14.1, the wrx ran a magazine time of a 14.1, how does that equate to the cobra smoking the wrx? And yes i have seen many pre supercharged post 5.0 cobras run in the 14s, its not uncommon they aren't that fast stock.
    ehhhhhh, I beg to differ.

95+ N/A cobras ran a 14.1 with a poor driver that doesnt know how to handle the torque and launch it. Anyone who owns the car and is experience with it (is firmiliar with driving it) can EASILY get a 13.6-13.9
    I have a couple buddies with I/H/E and running low low 13's with stock tires. good tires could put them in 12's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My 02 wrx has a few mods and and can take on stock 95+ cobras easily from a stop and keep up from 65-110. I have tbe, uncatted up pipe, cobb ap(stage 2 93 oct) map, injen CAI, and greddy bov. My 05 sti on the otherhand runs circles around 5.0s with stage 2 map and TBE. I think a wrx with an exhaust, a CAI and tune would keep a CL or 2 on a 96+ until around 90. Just my 0.2 cents

Btw I still love cobras
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    My 02 wrx has a few mods and and can take on stock 95+ cobras easily from a stop and keep up from 65-110. I have tbe, uncatted up pipe, cobb ap(stage 2 93 oct) map, injen CAI, and greddy bov.
    Not an Terminator, maybe an 96-01.

If you still have that car, you need a tune ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Not an Terminator, maybe an 96-01.

If you still have that car, you need a tune ASAP.
    termi :drool:

Yeah, the Terminator Snake will destroy you. Thats with 385 HP. Next years GT will have 400. Sorry, but the blue oval is stepping up its game.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

Yeah, the return of the 5.0... they are saying 412 hp. Heck, the V6 is getting 305 hp. I wonder what the GT500 will be putting out...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

To bad its still made by Fix Or Repair Daily. Itll be fast though.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.