My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M Wonder what it'll do once forced induction is added. I'd say it's probably the best ...

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Wonder what it'll do once forced induction is added. I'd say it's probably the best new car in years. I *might* be persuaded to own a Mustang -- something I never thought I'd say before.
    There is quite a bit of speculation on that. The compression ratio is supposedly not very FI friendly. But if I know the Mustang community, they will find a way to slap centris, twin screws, twin snails, and a half-dozen other things on it...

I'm still not sold on the rear end of that thing... the rest of it I like.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Id rather have a 09 cts v, will DUST the new stang, and look 10x better while doing so stock.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Id rather have a 09 cts v, will DUST the new stang, and look 10x better while doing so stock.
    Appearances are subjective, so any comparison is always a wash.

The discusion was not about a stock stang, it was about one after getting some forced induction... I would put the Mustang aftermarket up against the Cadilac aftermarket every single day, (is there even an aftermarket for the caddy?). I would put a modded stang up against the 09 CTS V any day as well. Add in the legendary Caddy reliability...

Cadilac makes luxury cars (even now, after the bailout), they should probably stick to that.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Appearances are subjective, so any comparison is always a wash.

The discusion was not about a stock stang, it was about one after getting some forced induction... I would put the Mustang aftermarket up against the Cadilac aftermarket every single day, (is there even an aftermarket for the caddy?). I would put a modded stang up against the 09 CTS V any day as well. Add in the legendary Caddy reliability...

Cadilac makes luxury cars (even now, after the bailout), they should probably stick to that.
    The cts v has a ls9 supercharged v8 making over 550 and its a sedan.. also it does 60 in 3.9 and a quarter in 12.3 @ 117. Id have to keep a car like that stock but what more do you need. I bet with small bolt ons, a CAI, and catless exhaust it makes over 600whp.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

yea, i got a piece of humble pie given to me by a 08 shelby cobra gt 500 with a supercharger, and aftermarket headers......but if my wrx had 620hp like his car i would smoke his butt everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by JWRX343 View Post
    I just wish it was going to have 6 speed
    it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior View Post
    yea if this story is real...

then that guy sounds like an idiot, BUT if it wasnt raining, any year cobra after 1995 will SMOKE a stock WRX, so watch out.
    Even the 95-98 cobras weren't that fast.

305hp in a 4000lb car isn't real great, most ran low 14's with a few in the high 13's range.

I'd say racin anything after 99 is askin for an ass whoopin.
    2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX TR
    3" Catless TBE, Protune, Tein Springs, TurboXs MBC, Apexi Turbo Timer.
    HawkEye Alliance #187
    Vote for my group UNTAM3D's new single "Gotta Go" to get rotation on 96.1 FM Radio!
    VOTE FOR US NOW!

I Support ClubWRX
    MMMmmm 2000 Cobra R... mmmm
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    MMMmmm 2000 Cobra R... mmmm
    the wing on that thing was so hideous, it was good looking. like a sti wing on steroids.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234