My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My stock WRX vs. newer(yr?) Mustang COBRA SVT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CGimpreza Tell that to the new Camaro. It seems to have an identity crisis as it actually ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    Tell that to the new Camaro. It seems to have an identity crisis as it actually handles quite well (or so I've heard).
    That's not what I've heard. I heard the Mustang GT takes the Camaro SS and the new Challenger to the bank when it comes to handling.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    That's not what I've heard. I heard the Mustang GT takes the Camaro SS and the new Challenger to the bank when it comes to handling.
    2010 Chevy Camaro SS vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T - Comparison Tests

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...1a6b619fff.pdf
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Tell that to the new Camaro. It seems to have an identity crisis as it actually handles quite well (or so I've heard).
    I heard this too. My dad has a z51 vette and said for a big car the camaro handles good. He hates ford so he will prolly never drive the new stang. Honestly though i dont have a clue which one i would want if i was lookin at new muscle. They all have nice features i guess, and potential to be awesome. Comes down to personally preference IMO.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I owned a 94 cobra, 96 Mystic cobra and a 2003 cobra.

A 94/95 is weak compared to todays cars, 240hp.

The 96 was fun. it redlined at 6800. High for a V8. 305hp stock, in order to make them run fast, need a high gear in the rear and beat the pi$$ out of it. My 96 had catless X pipe, 4:30 gears COI and drag radials. Car never went faster than 12.9@104.

Sold it, bought a 03 Cobra when they first were released in 02. That car was a BEAST. with only a magnaflow catback, made 399.4 RWHP on the dyno. With a 2.5 60ft time I went 12.8@115(stock tires/easy launch).

I no longer mess around at the drag strip. My hobby now is cycling/triathlons. So I have no real time to play around with my car. I hated the fact that the mustangs sat because I needed a 2nd car to drive in bad weather. Which led me to the WRX. As bad ass as the 03+ cobras are, what good was it when I was driving a 95 Ranger 4x4 all the time. I now have a car that can get me through bad weather and still fast/fun to drive!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mtstic lowered.jpg   mystic burnout.jpg   dscn6336nc4.jpg  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I wouldn't exactly call a 1 point difference "taking it to the bank" when it comes to stang vs 'maro, however, the challenger lost BIG in the handling department.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't exactly call a 1 point difference "taking it to the bank" when it comes to stang vs 'maro, however, the challenger lost BIG in the handling department.
    That's just one magazine's opinions... I had heard elsewhere that the mustang out handles the other two by a good amount. Without seeing any track times, etc. I guess we can't really judge between the two
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

thats cause Chrysler sucks!!! if i had to pick 1 id get the camaro... but i do have a lot of respect for the new ford line really nice cars...
    Last edited by 06scoobyrex; 03-29-2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    For me it comes down to "is it fun to drive?" I rented a Camaro during a business trip to Cali; neat car in many ways, and seemed to have good road holding...but it just felt heavy to me. My WRX, which is no handling superstar, seems more nimble.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'm actually kind of excited to see the 11 mustang.

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium test numbers - Motor Trend

2011 Ford Mustang GT Handling and Price - Motor Trend

Ford seems to be stepping up their game pretty well. .

Now if they could make it lose 300lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by motortrend
    Not that the Blue Oval's new six-cylinder musclecar needs more power. Yep, you read right: We called the new 3.7 Mustang a musclecar. Now if you're reeling from the idea of a Mustang V-6 ever being labeled with that word, or if you can't believe how far that meatball just flew from your mouth, chew on this: 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds and the quarter mile in 13.7 at 102.0 mph. The Hemi-powered 376-horse Dodge Challenger R/T isn't any quicker to 60 and is just a tenth ahead at the quarter. Moreover, the new 3.7 is nearly as quick as last year's V-8-powered GT, which put down 4.9 and 13.5 at 104.2.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    For me it comes down to "is it fun to drive?" I rented a Camaro during a business trip to Cali; neat car in many ways, and seemed to have good road holding...but it just felt heavy to me. My WRX, which is no handling superstar, seems more nimble.

I rented one when I went back for my HS reunion. It was relatively comfortable, but for all the supposed power, it felt heavy and numb and it was definately not very fast. It got a lot of attention though... that bright yellow had kids calling it "Bumblebee" the whole time...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

That's why you go find a 2002 Trans Am WS6 and mod it like crazy and see how it handles and how much power it'll put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby50 View Post
    http://www.stangtv.com/forum/evoluti...eir-6778.html#

Mustang went 12.49 with ET streets. Then 12.04 at 117 with a off road x-pipe, cat-back and hand-held tune.
    Last edited by BrianH; 05-05-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Wonder what it'll do once forced induction is added. I'd say it's probably the best new car in years. I *might* be persuaded to own a Mustang -- something I never thought I'd say before.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Wonder what it'll do once forced induction is added. I'd say it's probably the best new car in years. I *might* be persuaded to own a Mustang -- something I never thought I'd say before.
    +11tybillion
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast