Millenia S drops

This is a discussion on Millenia S drops within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My wife and I are going to the movies, and get behind a Millenia S. I know these have a ...

Millenia S drops

My wife and I are going to the movies, and get behind a Millenia S. I know these have a supercharged v-6, but we were just driving down the road, I thought. As we enter the interstate entrance turn, he slows waay down, and I get on his bumper. As it straightens out, I see the back end of his car all squat down, and the tell tale puff of black smoke. Well we can't have that, so I hit it in second, pull his front bumper to my rear, hit third and walk 3-4 cars, then I just slow down, as it is obviously over. My wife looks over at him, then at me, and was all "was he racing?" HA, exactly.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not a bad kill. They were a cool car. Very nice inside, nice ride, not terribly good acceleration, but had something like a 144mph top speed.

They were one of the few cars to use a Miller Cycle Engine. It was a 2.3L Supercharge V6 Miller Cycle making 210hp / 210tq and weighed about 3500lbs.

Miller cycles are odd. This is taken from how stuff works.com

A Miller-cycle engine depends on a supercharger.
    A Miller-cycle engine leaves the intake valve open during part of the compression stroke, so that the engine is compressing against the pressure of the supercharger rather than the pressure of the cylinder walls. The effect is increased efficiency, at a level of about 15 percent.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn, my friend's millenia S trapped 93 bone stock...that should be enough to fend off a stock WRX from a roll...especially when given a jump
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    damn, my friend's millenia S trapped 93 bone stock...that should be enough to fend off a stock WRX from a roll...especially when given a jump
    That's a pretty good trap speed for a car that came out in '94!

Was it a manual? Wonder if Brent went up against an auto.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Griswold
    Not a bad kill. They were a cool car. Very nice inside, nice ride, not terribly good acceleration, but had something like a 144mph top speed.

They were one of the few cars to use a Miller Cycle Engine. It was a 2.3L Supercharge V6 Miller Cycle making 210hp / 210tq and weighed about 3500lbs.

Miller cycles are odd. This is taken from how stuff works.com

A Miller-cycle engine depends on a supercharger.
    A Miller-cycle engine leaves the intake valve open during part of the compression stroke, so that the engine is compressing against the pressure of the supercharger rather than the pressure of the cylinder walls. The effect is increased efficiency, at a level of about 15 percent.
    They also tend to wear out the supercharger by 50k. I always know a Millenia is supercharged when I see the plume of blue smoke behind it

Originally posted by Trainrex
    They also tend to wear out the supercharger by 50k. I always know a Millenia is supercharged when I see the plume of blue smoke behind it
    Really? I keep hearing about all of these cars that the supercharger dies on, like the Corrado and now the Millenia.

Makes me wonder about the parts they were picking back then....

I Support ClubWRX
    Really? I keep hearing about all of these cars that the supercharger dies on, like the Corrado and now the Millenia.

Makes me wonder about the parts they were picking back then....
    I've changed 3 Millenia, 2 older Bonneville, 1 Super Coupe, and 1 g60 in my days. The factory superchargers don't seem to last very well. The Bonneville and Super Coupe are basically the same Eaton based roots supercharger. The Miller one is a weird looking sucker, and the g60 one is cake.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    I've changed 3 Millenia, 2 older Bonneville, 1 Super Coupe, and 1 g60 in my days. The factory superchargers don't seem to last very well. The Bonneville and Super Coupe are basically the same Eaton based roots supercharger. The Miller one is a weird looking sucker, and the g60 one is cake.
    They cheap? I wouldn't want to look forward to shelling out $800 for a supercharger every 50k miles....

I Support ClubWRX
    They cheap? I wouldn't want to look forward to shelling out $800 for a supercharger every 50k miles....
    $1800 reman, $1200 used, and you are tossing the dice on a used one.

WOW!!

A friend of mine had a regular Milennia, that is how I knew about it. I don't think they made any manuals at all. Aftermarket parts were like none exsistent.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

at least never a manual w/the miller cycle. definitely a nicer car to drive around then the typical camry or accord though. i always thought the 17s on those were real slick.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Woah... Charleston in the house

I'm about an hour south of you in Oak Hill. If you ever see a stock looking yellow 03 running around holla at me. I'm in KC pretty often. At the Town Center pretty often too.

Yeah, I'll watch for you. I am around those places some. My co-workers won a free Hooters office party, so I will be down in KC here pretty soon. We should meet up some time when you are down again.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

NO MILLENIA WAS EVER MADE MANUAL i had one and searched on them things like crazy to have all the info i could possibly get and aftermarket parts for that car were non-existent.....only had one kit ever made for it.....