SRT 4 talks crap, does nothing.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SRT 4 talks crap, does nothing. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was sitting at a stoplight, and I hear a very loud BOV whistling several times behind me, and an ...

SRT 4 talks crap, does nothing.

I was sitting at a stoplight, and I hear a very loud BOV whistling several times behind me, and an obviously aftermarket exhaust, revving like crazy. I look to see a totally blacked out SRT-4. I immediately knew this was going to be fun. We were both in the interstate lane, so the timing was perfect. As we proceed, he is jumping up and backing off, many times. We hit the ramp, I nail it around the turn, and heard all 4 tires screaming at me. I didn't listen to them, and just kept in it. I know enough about the neons to know that I needed a curvy road or a standstill to be competetive. He fell several car lengths, and by the time we were to hit the interstate, I had a few cars. He let off at about 80-85, still behind me. I was like WTF? All that revving and stuff, and then no go? I slow down and wait, ready to go, and nothing. I slow waaay down, and he eases by, all black car, all black windows, barely going the limit? His license plate read slw4dr. Cool plate, actually. I exit at mine, confused. Oh well, maybe he didn't want to waste gas on a stock looking WRX?
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh well, maybe next time. What are you mods?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I have been doing basic bolt ons initially. B&M short shift, which I am still not sure I like, HKS SSQV, not a performance mod, but fun and I like it, The wife hates it. Various small things. I was just wondering if this guy thought I was a complete waste of gas after all that noise, or what? His car looks very nice, and it does sound good, but I was willing to go, even expecting a loss, just for the fun of it. It is all about fun, after all.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

SBW
    I think he prolly saw the stock exhaust and figured why bother? at least thats my educated guess. I don't instigate if they're using stock components, but if they start teasing me, stock or not, I follow suit.

now that i said that... some merkur xr4ti is gonna come by with a stock exhaust, and a huge turbo and lay waste to me.

Originally posted by SBW
    I think he prolly saw the stock exhaust and figured why bother? at least thats my educated guess. I don't instigate if they're using stock components, but if they start teasing me, stock or not, I follow suit.

now that i said that... some merkur xr4ti is gonna come by with a stock exhaust, and a huge turbo and lay waste to me.
    Ha i had a 1988 turbo t-bird it had the same engine as the merkur xr4ti

There is a merkur x whatever around here that has 500whp....its sick. True sleeper.

He did prolly see the stock exhaust and not bother w/it but I'm not sure why he just didnt just drive normally...eh
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    Ha i had a 1988 turbo t-bird it had the same engine as the merkur xr4ti
    I remember in high school I wanted an XR4ti, I thought they were the shiznit. I remember someone told me they were half Ford, half Porshe or something...lol
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Originally posted by jamie007
    I remember in high school I wanted an XR4ti, I thought they were the shiznit. I remember someone told me they were half Ford, half Porshe or something...lol
    Yeah i am not sure exactly what parts they share from what cars, but i know they had the 2.3 4cylinder turbo engine that the t-bird had in 87-88

yeah, all srt4 owners are ***s. go find one to race one to race around a snow, windy road. then see how the neon does then.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah, all srt4 owners are ***s. go find one to race one to race around a snow, windy road. then see how the neon does then.
    Were you typing just then?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

just messin around. tryin to be someone funny. i notice the earlier part of the thread got way off topic and no body seemed to be bothered by it. so i just felt like blurting something out.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i think he wanted to race, then noticed you took a dangerous turn at 80 mph then decided you were insane.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.