Cobb Stage 2 vs RSX Type-S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 vs RSX Type-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cliff note: WRX > RSX Type-S Full note: So I'm coming home from work and it's about 2:30 AM in ...

Cobb Stage 2 vs RSX Type-S

Cliff note: WRX > RSX Type-S

Full note: So I'm coming home from work and it's about 2:30 AM in the morning. The highway is empty. I noticed these headlights coming up from behind pretty fast, while I'm doing about 65 mph. As the car approaches, I speed up to match the pace. I'm doing about 80mph when he got next to me, and then proceeded to pass me and stayed about a car length ahead. I started to speed up and so does he. I left it in 5th and paced him to about 120-130mph. And then noticed my EGT is at 1550 F...better slow down.

We went paced each other again from 80-100. We both got off at his exit, and stopped to talked the usual: he's running header, catback, intake. And he said that was putting him to about 220 whp...that's similar to what I'm making. So I suggest a 60mph roll. He agrees and we headed out:

1st 60-roll: coasting in 3rd, I gave the three honks and kind of waited for him to make the move. He went WOT and I followed, I immediately pulled 1/2 car length while winding out 3rd, then shifted to 4th and gainned another car length. We both shut down around 110.

2nd 60-roll: we got off the at next exit and turn around...cops beyond that exit. Now heading in the opposite direction as before, we ran again with the same result as the 1st roll.

We both got off at the next exit and I gave him a complement on his exhaust - it did sounded good with VTEC - and then parted ways.

We

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Re: Cobb Stage 2 vs RSX Type-S

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    Cliff note: WRX > RSX Type-S

I think that's all that needs to be said
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Cobb Stage 2 vs RSX Type-S

We went paced each other again from 80-100. We both got off at his exit, and stopped to talked the usual: he's running header, catback, intake. And he said that was putting him to about 220 whp...that's similar to what I'm making. ...
    I call bs, I found a dyno chart with intake and exhaust and the highest output was 187 to the wheels. I seriously doubt headers on those cars are going to add 33 horses, especially on stock engine management. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://performance.clubrsx.com/dyno.html
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

I don't doubt that he was BSing about the whp, so I figure we find out about it on the road. That 187whp seems about right:
    200 crank X 15% drivetrain loss = 30 hp loss = 170 whp + the i/h/e would give another 15 whp (at most) = 185whp

I guess he's waiting to get a Jackson Racing s/c. He lives around me, so I guess I'll have to catch him after the instal.

He said he was putting down 220whp with those mods? Lol..thank you for putting the smack down on yet another ricer in my car. Dammit, those guys make us all look bad!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    He said he was putting down 220whp with those mods? Lol..thank you for putting the smack down on yet another ricer in my car. Dammit, those guys make us all look bad!
    Just wondering what you think you put to the wheels smokey? I'm not trying to be a$$hole or anything I'm honestly curious. I see in your mods you've got hondata. I think I read somewhere that a RSX, with I/h/e and hondata are pretty potent machines?

please excuse my ingorance
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

Originally posted by smokey
    Thanks. I really like the RSX-S' style and engine. But too bad it's FWD. I would be in the running - when I was deciding on my new car purchase - if it was RWD.

I hear really good things about Hondata and what they can do for you guys. what's their website?

ya the type-s's are awesome cars and i think look hot, and its like sport with luxury, but i agree with it being FWD not being good, or unwanted from me.

Awesome race....good thing you p0wn3d him, hah

Originally posted by Oneliner
    Just wondering what you think you put to the wheels smokey? I'm not trying to be a$$hole or anything I'm honestly curious. I see in your mods you've got hondata. I think I read somewhere that a RSX, with I/h/e and hondata are pretty potent machines?

please excuse my ingorance
    I would assume that I'm putting down approximately 185-190whp and a whooping 140+ wtq

www.hondata.com

That's Hondata's website for whomever asked.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Now that sounds about right for the limited research I've done on those cars. Nicely done.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Fourstardsrift- dont u have closer to 255 to the wheels? i think thats what they say on cobbs website? unless you dont have 93 oct. and an uppipe?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Originally posted by Jack
    Fourstardsrift- dont u have closer to 255 to the wheels? i think thats what they say on cobbs website? unless you dont have 93 oct. and an uppipe?
    It should be within that give or take 5 whp. I am running on 93 oct and an uppipe. However, there is a small leak on the uppipe at the turbine...so I'm a little off on targeted boost.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    It should be within that give or take 5 whp. I am running on 93 oct and an uppipe. However, there is a small leak on the uppipe at the turbine...so I'm a little off on targeted boost.
    Good kill none the less!
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Where does it say 255? I thought it was just 225. That would be awesome if I had 255 at the wheels.
    l Mods l

theres a guy in an S out by me, v2, new race header, cat back, ground kit, manifold gasket, hondata, and dyno tuning of sorts put down 213 wheel...pretty impressive for what it has
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast