dippi's recent kills
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on dippi's recent kills within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, within the last week its been great. first i raced a s2000, full exhaust intake and mugen ecu. on ...

dippi's recent kills

ok, within the last week its been great.

first i raced a s2000, full exhaust intake and mugen ecu. on the highway at 70, i just walked on him, he had nothing on me.

then a 350z, even from 20 to like 120. at low end i pulled ahead a little, and then more when he shifted(6speed), and then at like 110 and 120 he started to pull inches,

then a friends evo, full exhaust, mbc, fuel and a couple other things, intake... bla bla bla. he just jumped on me, two car lengths. just not close at all. hes just plain fast.

then today a ws6, f body, two runs, first at like 60 to like 95-100. i pulled ahead but i am not sure by how much.
    and then second run from 45, and i just pulled ahead alot, i stopped when i saw the headlights behind the b pillar, like a full car ahead by the end of second. btw, i don't know what the ws6 had, some sort of exhaust, but i don't think full, maybe catback. (u can tell by the smell), and the driver also had a second person in the car. but i think tahts ok cause i am a big boy, so it probably just evened it out.
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice races, what are your mods? I suspect you have more than just a turboback for performance?
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

turbo back, uppipe, cobb accessport, rfl bov, grounding kit, diy catch can,sti trunk and um, home made ic sprayer, but i was not using it for these races being that its been cool and damp in the area lately. and a modded airbox. um oem shortshifter. and hmm. suspension stuff. like sways and struts, and some bushings-steering ect. and endlinks. i think thats all
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by dippi
    turbo back, uppipe, cobb accessport, rfl bov, grounding kit, diy catch can,sti trunk and um, home made ic sprayer, but i was not using it for these races being that its been cool and damp in the area lately. and a modded airbox. um oem shortshifter. and hmm. suspension stuff. like sways and struts, and some bushings-steering ect. and endlinks. i think thats all
    umm you beat a WS6 with those mods only??
    2003 SRT-4

From the look of it, you're only on Cobb's Stage 2, correct?

Get ready for all the BS's for the WS6. On a side note, I saw 2 camaro's this weekend with Z28 badges. One even had an SS badge lol. Atleast they both sounded like V6's. But one had a crazy looking exhaust. It was a single exhaust (looked like a gas powered golf cart mufler) and it was under the car. Looked like if he stoped at a light for too long he would die from the fumes. Is this some high performance exhaust that I don't know about?

well, the f body i don't know, it was a chick driving. not to say chicks cant drive, but i did hear her trying to downshift and she was just grinding like for 5 or 6 seconds strait. and i don't know if it was or was not a ws6, but it did have dual exhaust and i know it atleast was not a v6, cause i could tell.

on second thought, it is possible that there could have been other people/ things in the car. cause it was slow to say the least. ive raced a z28 before and it was close, but the z28 was stock, and there really was not winner in that race.
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

well, the f body i don't know, it was a chick driving. not to say chicks cant drive, but i did hear her trying to downshift and she was just grinding like for 5 or 6 seconds strait. and i don't know if it was or was not a ws6, but it did have dual exhaust and i know it atleast was not a v6, cause i could tell.

on second thought, it is possible that there could have been other people/ things in the car. cause it was slow to say the least. ive raced a z28 before and it was close, but the z28 was stock, and there really was not winner in that race.
    a properly driven ws-6 would hand it to you HARD from a roll with your mods. Even a non WS-6 (just LS1) would still walk on you. and you say he had exhaust. (exhaust can do quite a bit for that car)

also, honda s2k with exhaust, intake, and mugen chip will pull some crazy traps. I am suprised to say the least that your pulled on this car STARTING THE RACE AT 70MPH!! plus you even said you "walked on him, he had nothing on me"....

its kinda odd that you encountered 2 cars that should have embarrassed you at those speeds in the same day. that s2k will probably trap more than 5mph more than you, which is why I find it odd that you "walked on him". A stageIV IHI turbo'd wrx would have trouble even keeping up with the cars you mentioned at those speeds...
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    a properly driven ws-6 would hand it to you HARD from a roll with your mods. Even a non WS-6 (just LS1) would still walk on you. and you say he had exhaust. (exhaust can do quite a bit for that car)

also, honda s2k with exhaust, intake, and mugen chip will pull some crazy traps. I am suprised to say the least that your pulled on this car STARTING THE RACE AT 70MPH!! plus you even said you "walked on him, he had nothing on me"....

its kinda odd that you encountered 2 cars that should have embarrassed you at those speeds in the same day. that s2k will probably trap more than 5mph more than you, which is why I find it odd that you "walked on him". A stageIV IHI turbo'd wrx would have trouble even keeping up with the cars you mentioned at those speeds...
    It smells like a cow field in this thread
    2003 SRT-4

i don't know about the ws6, thats what i thought too, i was like that should have destroyed me. And i was talking to a friend with a different s2000, and he asked if the top was down, which it was. he said the airo dynamics are affected alot. so he said if he had the top up it should have been harder to beat. but the s2000 is an acuantance, i looked at the car and all. but me and the 350 both raced the s2000 and we both beat him easy. and i am not bluffing on any of this. i am telling it strait up. i don't understand the comment about the cow, but whatever.

is there any body parts that destinguish a ws6 from a regular one. ive seen ws6s before but i don't remember if they had anything special. i know the wheels were chrome and the exhaust was dual, but on each side there were two exit ports, so u would see 4 exhaust ports in the back.
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

A stageIV IHI turbo'd wrx would have trouble even keeping up with the cars you mentioned at those speeds...
    from 40 to like 65, and 60 to like 90, i think those are still speeds that the rex does real well.
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

i don't know about the ws6, thats what i thought too, i was like that should have destroyed me. And i was talking to a friend with a different s2000, and he asked if the top was down, which it was. he said the airo dynamics are affected alot. so he said if he had the top up it should have been harder to beat. but the s2000 is an acuantance, i looked at the car and all. but me and the 350 both raced the s2000 and we both beat him easy. and i am not bluffing on any of this. i am telling it strait up. i don't understand the comment about the cow, but whatever.

is there any body parts that destinguish a ws6 from a regular one. ive seen ws6s before but i don't remember if they had anything special. i know the wheels were chrome and the exhaust was dual, but on each side there were two exit ports, so u would see 4 exhaust ports in the back.
    The newer WS6's had duals, but only 1 outlet pipe on each side. They also have different wheels and a much more agressive "raised" front end. The easiest way to tell though is the "nostrals" on the hood. its not a typical ram air. its a slick back, raised nostral looking hood.

I am not saying you are lying. Just pointing out that I thought it was very odd. One could always say "o, he must have been a bad driver", or "he probably wasnt trying". but 2 times in one day! regaurdless of your speeds, both cars SHOULD put significant distance on you from a roll.... especially if you raced the s2k at 70mph. WIth the mugen chip those things redline at like 9,500 rpm and pull the whole way there.... not to mention some crazy high trap speeds; and LS1 is a beast from any speed. a rolling race is where the wrx lacks, and both these cars just happen to do VERY well on a highspeed roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The newer WS6's had duals, but only 1 outlet pipe on each side. They also have different wheels and a much more agressive "raised" front end. The easiest way to tell though is the "nostrals" on the hood. its not a typical ram air. its a slick back, raised nostral looking hood.

I am not saying you are lying. Just pointing out that I thought it was very odd. One could always say "o, he must have been a bad driver", or "he probably wasnt trying". but 2 times in one day! regaurdless of your speeds, both cars SHOULD put significant distance on you from a roll.... especially if you raced the s2k at 70mph. WIth the mugen chip those things redline at like 9,500 rpm and pull the whole way there.... not to mention some crazy high trap speeds; and LS1 is a beast from any speed. a rolling race is where the wrx lacks, and both these cars just happen to do VERY well on a highspeed roll.
    it doesnt matter if it was a real ws6 or just a trans am...they're basically the same.
    2003 SRT-4

the s2000, with the mugen chip dynod at 205 hp and the wheels. it had the invidia exhaust and the comptech intake. so make of that what u will. like i said before, ive taked to a different s2000 guy, and he said the top being down effects it, and the s2000 had an extra passenger, although i myself am a large guy, probably weighing as much as both of them,

As for the fbody, i don't know what the deal was, all i know is it looked like one, had the badge, diferent exhaust from stock. and the driver could not drive, but the driver really does not matter when just doing a pull, it basically is just mash the pedal to the floor.
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

sniff sniff what is that smell....

cobb stage 2 about 220whp often less... 205whp in an S2k w/ mods is a joke.. they make that to the wheels stock.. and the chips add a considerable amt in those cars.. not to mention they weigh 400lbs less than a wrx and have much better gearing.... That S2K would run even w/ a stage 4 from a roll..

I wont even common on WS6's and LS1's from a roll as they trap higher than stage 4 WRX w/ nothing done to them.

sniff sniff... did I step in something

<whipes shoe>
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast