Saleen w/ paper plates

This is a discussion on Saleen w/ paper plates within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sitting at a red light. Next to me is a Saleen w/ paper plates and a guy talking on his ...

Thumbs up Saleen w/ paper plates

Sitting at a red light. Next to me is a Saleen w/ paper plates and a guy talking on his head set. He wouldn't look at me so I thought I'd get his attention. Light goes green, I launched very much faster than him ( coz he wasnt paying attention). After 1st I shut down coz whats the point, can't claim I beat someone that wasnt even paying attention.

Well I got his attention coz he came zooming by at high RPMs waving, bu-bye, over his sholder. I smiled and just let him take off because I don't need another ticket.

A mile later there is another red light. He is sitting there. I pull up next to him. This time he's ready and so am I. Green light - decent launch from me. The saleens tires are screaming. I easily pull on his car.. He chirps his tires into 2nd. I see his car in my rear view mirror. For about 5-6 seconds neither car is pulling... then slowly the saleen starts edging up. Im going 70-80 something and let off the gas coz I know he will pull up and away from me now... and again im trying to aviod a ticket.. He screams by.. but I dont care, my WRX held up against his saleen.

He obviously had no experience launching his Saleen.

EnderWRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What mods do you have bro??

Rob

Im running stock, well thats not completely true I have a K&N air filter..

That's it..

EnderWRX

Re: Saleen w/ paper plates

Originally posted by EnderWRX
    Im going 70-80 something and let off the gas coz I know he will pull up and away from me now... and again im trying to aviod a ticket.. He screams by.. but I dont care, my WRX held up against his saleen.
    EnderWRX
    And you didnt wave buh-bye? - shame on you!

03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

str
    yeah, it's tough to launch a rear wheel drive car that has power like that. nice job.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Haha ...

Laying the smack down.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph