Me with little turbo at wastegate boost versus M3 on the highway
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me with little turbo at wastegate boost versus M3 on the highway within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, my 20g is off getting Superzilla'd so I have a loaner turbo on my car right now (vf30). Well, ...

Me with little turbo at wastegate boost versus M3 on the highway

Well, my 20g is off getting Superzilla'd so I have a loaner turbo on my car right now (vf30). Well, I have a friend with a E36 M3 in great condition with a Dinan chip, Dinan exhaust, intake, and short throw. I decided that I wanted to see if I was faster than him at wastegate boost(7psi creeping to 14 at revlimit). So, we line up on the highway at 50mph and pull to the top of the gear(93 or so) and I pulled out on him by about 2 and a half or so cars. We did it twice with the same results. My car feels SOOOOOOO SLOOOOWW right now since the VF30 is at wastegate boost versus my 20g at 20lbs of boost. I didn't think I would pull him at all. Ahh well it was fun though. Can't wait until the SZ gets back so I can go pick on some LS1's and maybe even a Cobra or two or three. 20- 22psi with a SZ here I come.

Richard
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Me with little turbo at wastegate boost versus M3 on the highway

Originally posted by eightballrj
    Well, my 20g is off getting Superzilla'd so I have a loaner turbo on my car right now (vf30). Well, I have a friend with a E36 M3 in great condition with a Dinan chip, Dinan exhaust, intake, and short throw. I decided that I wanted to see if I was faster than him at wastegate boost(7psi creeping to 14 at revlimit). So, we line up on the highway at 50mph and pull to the top of the gear(93 or so) and I pulled out on him by about 2 and a half or so cars. We did it twice with the same results. My car feels SOOOOOOO SLOOOOWW right now since the VF30 is at wastegate boost versus my 20g at 20lbs of boost. I didn't think I would pull him at all. Ahh well it was fun though. Can't wait until the SZ gets back so I can go pick on some LS1's and maybe even a Cobra or two or three. 20- 22psi with a SZ here I come.

Richard
    Nice runs! Even with one arm tied behind the back, you still came out on top.... figuratively speaking of course....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.