please help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on please help within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran into one of these cars today on the way to work played around a bit from a roll ...

please help

I ran into one of these cars today on the way to work played around a bit from a roll it kept up quite well. I know its a grand national but i dont know much about them and the one I raced didnt have all the things i circled any info will be appreciated sorry bout the pic think i saved it wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 56car.bmp  
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX
    TXS turboback exhaust, Eibach springs, grounding mod, Perrin Short ram

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: please help

Originally posted by FASICZKA
    I ran into one of these cars today on the way to work played around a bit from a roll it kept up quite well. I know its a grand national but i dont know much about them and the one I raced didnt have all the things i circled any info will be appreciated sorry bout the pic think i saved it wrong
    The car in the picture is the 300hp Buick Grand National GNX. You will not likely see a real one on the road since only 540 some were made. The "normal" Grand National 1987 is a 245hp beast. Stock they can break into the 13's. Not too bad for a Buick eh? You are lucky the one you ran into was probably stock. They can "easily" be modded into the 9's and 10's. They are definately one of my favorite cars of all time. Too bad they didn't throw a manny tranny in those things. I think we have a GN owner or 2 on the board to provide even more detail.
    2004 WRX

is that 245 to the wheels? Because if so he should have easily beat me
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX
    TXS turboback exhaust, Eibach springs, grounding mod, Perrin Short ram

That's crank power. Remember that GN was an 1987. and it could have had 150,000 miles.
    2004 WRX

stay away from it.........
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by slin02
    stay away from it.........
    werd, if you see a GN on the road now, it's either got 500hp and runs 10s or 11s OR it's got a gangster behind the wheel who's definitely packing a gun

There's no other option
    2003 SRT-4

I believe they undderated the hp of the GN so it would not have more then the vette, remember the corvette in the late 80s was pathetic but it was still their sports car. The GN had more around 300hp, it was very undderated.

I won't even mess w/those...they skur me...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

we need a link to that vid where the GN pulls 1000+ whp and burns out on the dyno. GN's are pimp - literally and figuratively.

Originally posted by sarcasmo
    we need a link to that vid where the GN pulls 1000+ whp and burns out on the dyno. GN's are pimp - literally and figuratively.
    yea, that's Chris Chow's...he lives near me. It's insane, but it's not a GN motor...its a TT lt1
    2003 SRT-4

I remember when they used to run the buick turbo at Indy. They were the fastest cars but just not reliable enough for 500 miles. They were running a ton of boost! The Buick V6's were allowed to run more boost than the V8's due to two less cylinders.

I've been thinking of buying one because I wanted to buy a couple of cars that I couldn't afford when I was 16, but with a new baby and all, I don't think it would be happening ever. College tuition 18yrs from now is just shocking!

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    yea, that's Chris Chow's...he lives near me. It's insane, but it's not a GN motor...its a TT lt1
    unbelievable

http://www.bgnra.org/Chris_Chow_Dyno_Burn.htm
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Originally posted by express_wagon
    unbelievable

http://www.bgnra.org/Chris_Chow_Dyno_Burn.htm
    good find...I had the video but nowhere to host!!
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.