Idiot in a beamer - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Idiot in a beamer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2001S4 I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Please get off the price thing. If ...

Originally posted by 2001S4

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Please get off the price thing. If you poor 10 thousand dollars into a rex and it is faster than a Ferrari, it doesn't make it a better car than a Ferrari. 9.99 out of 10 times, people would still choose the Ferrari if money were not an option. The WRX is a great car, I think everyone here knows that, but just cause it cost less then some others does not automatically make it a better car. And DarkMoonLord, I am not targeting you, I have read it a hundred times and I think that people are putting way to much stock in the cost of a car.
    hehehe
    If money were no option The only Bimmer Id look at is the Hartge H50 (drool) I quite like the M5 too but the rest are just way too overprice IMO

I like the scooby B4 twin turbo better than any 3 series bimmer

not trying to enter the flame war here just giving my opinion

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

twin turbo m5 - could life get better?
    Just one of my many dreams . . .

- m a t t -
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

WOAH buddy, slow down there. I simply pointed out that a faster 0-60 does not always constitute a faster 1/4 mile time. I did no mud slinging and I did not hold back. You are trying to make me into an a-hole who thinks that all Audi's are gods and can beat anything. I DID NOT SAY THAT, YOU IMPLIED IT!!! I am not a moron, I know a WRX is faster than a TT. Now why don't you OUTRIGHT say that you are trying to flame me when there is no reason too? I am not an enemy of this board and have never bashed on a WRX. I LIKE THE CAR. You can read into that however you want. You think I am holding back on something? Fine, hope you don't lose to much sleep over it.
    Wow, thanks for the laugh this morning. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I wasn't trying to flame you and in no way did I go at you as you obviously think I did.

First off, let's use some context here. What is this thread about? An WRX vs. an Audi TT. How did this "argument" progress? I told Kira that vs. an Audi TT, she should have no problem with it because her 0-60 times were much better...that's the only stats I had on hand so I used them.

You correctly pointed out that 0-60 times are not the end all, that cars that run worse 0-60 times can outrun cars in the 1/4 miles - better high end for example.

Since this conversation was about Audi TT's and that's what I was referring to, I thought you were implying that the TT could outrun the WRX and the reason why I asked if you were holding back was because this is an WRX forum and people are sensitive to saying some cars can outrun a WRX...I DID NOT KNOW WHO WOULD WIN SO I ASKED YOU!

No one tried to make you look like an a-hole, especially me so calm down. I never even implied anything...just wanted to flush out your original quote. But you took it the WRONG way for sure...

Whatever, no hard feelings on your part I hope...wasn't trying to flame, that's BS and there's nothign productive about it. And don't worry, I sure as hell didn't lose any sleep over that...that's funny
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

This is not necessarily true. A car with a better 0-60 is not gonna always have a better 1/4 mile. Especially when the car with the better 0-60 is AWD. There are many rear wheel drive cars that have so-so 0-60 times with excellent 1/4 mile times. The grip makes the difference. And like it or not, once the AWD car is moving, it has to work harder to keep that speed up and accelerate more.
    true but in this case the TT runs high 14's to low 15's...In this instance the faster 0-60 also takes the 1/4.

Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

Originally posted by smokey

Wow, thanks for the laugh this morning. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I wasn't trying to flame you and in no way did I go at you as you obviously think I did.

First off, let's use some context here. What is this thread about? An WRX vs. an Audi TT. How did this "argument" progress? I told Kira that vs. an Audi TT, she should have no problem with it because her 0-60 times were much better...that's the only stats I had on hand so I used them.

You correctly pointed out that 0-60 times are not the end all, that cars that run worse 0-60 times can outrun cars in the 1/4 miles - better high end for example.

Since this conversation was about Audi TT's and that's what I was referring to, I thought you were implying that the TT could outrun the WRX and the reason why I asked if you were holding back was because this is an WRX forum and people are sensitive to saying some cars can outrun a WRX...I DID NOT KNOW WHO WOULD WIN SO I ASKED YOU!

No one tried to make you look like an a-hole, especially me so calm down. I never even implied anything...just wanted to flush out your original quote. But you took it the WRONG way for sure...

Whatever, no hard feelings on your part I hope...wasn't trying to flame, that's BS and there's nothign productive about it. And don't worry, I sure as hell didn't lose any sleep over that...that's funny
    Well, then I guess there were misunderstandings by both of us. By you saying you think I am holding back, I figured you meant I was trying to flame WRX's or something of that sort. I have in the past, and continue to argue on teh WRX's behalf, both on this site and others. The most common thing I hear is the WRX's interior is crappy. I don't think it is on par with the S4's (IMHO), but I do think it is a really nice interior with a very sporty feel to it. I just can't understand why people bash it. I assure you however smokey, that if I wish to say something, I will say it straight out and not leave you guessing, so don't worry, I won't hold back.

true but in this case the TT runs high 14's to low 15's...In this instance the faster 0-60 also takes the 1/4.
    Definitely. I did not mean every case is the same. There is no doubt the WRX is faster than a TT stock for stock in all categories.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

Well, then I guess there were misunderstandings by both of us. By you saying you think I am holding back, I figured you meant I was trying to flame WRX's or something of that sort. I have in the past, and continue to argue on teh WRX's behalf, both on this site and others. The most common thing I hear is the WRX's interior is crappy. I don't think it is on par with the S4's (IMHO), but I do think it is a really nice interior with a very sporty feel to it. I just can't understand why people bash it. I assure you however smokey, that if I wish to say something, I will say it straight out and not leave you guessing, so don't worry, I won't hold back.

Definitely. I did not mean every case is the same. There is no doubt the WRX is faster than a TT stock for stock in all categories.
    Cool - that's the problem w/ the internet - you can't see expression's and misunderstandings run rampant - trust me, I misunderstand all the time!

But next time, i'll take it into consideration that if you don't say it, you aren't thinking it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

Cool - that's the problem w/ the internet - you can't see expression's and misunderstandings run rampant - trust me, I misunderstand all the time!

But next time, i'll take it into consideration that if you don't say it, you aren't thinking it.
    Cool, I am glad we cleared that up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

Cool, I am glad we cleared that up.
    BTW, if you drive an S4 I envy you...how do you like it? That's my next car, either that or an M3...but that'll be about 3 years down the road. I've driven and E36 M3 and I f**king love the thing, but I have this thing for an S4 right now...love the way it looks. Maybe someday one of the dealerships will actually have one and I can test drive it or something...What is your opinion of the car?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

BTW, if you drive an S4 I envy you...how do you like it? That's my next car, either that or an M3...but that'll be about 3 years down the road. I've driven and E36 M3 and I f**king love the thing, but I have this thing for an S4 right now...love the way it looks. Maybe someday one of the dealerships will actually have one and I can test drive it or something...What is your opinion of the car?
    I love the car. It has instant power, no turbo lag really. It has the same acceleration as a WRX down low, with just a bit more power at higher speeds (stock vs. stock of course). Refinement is the biggest plus, it is a beautiful car inside and out with a really smooth ride. I really love the car but I am probably selling it cause I would rather put the money I am paying for the car into my house now. I think you would enjoy driving one.

S4+++

I sold my S4 for basically the same reason. The car is great. The WRX and the S4 are very similar, except on the top range. S4 has more sustained torque and is faster at high speed, but under 80-100 mph, they are about the same. The one thing that is VERY noticeably better about the WRX is HANDLING. The WRX is WAY lighter and more evenly balanced. The S4 is super front heavy and leans into a turn pretty badly.

I can only assume that if you get the upgraded suspension, the WRX would have truly EVIL handling.

The S4 interior is WAY better though. BOSS all the way. Insurance is a BIATCH though, I just couldn't justify the amount I am paying in Taxachusettes every year. :-)

-d
    2001 Audi S4 - Silver
    2002 Subaru WRX - Midnight Black
    2000 Audi S4 - Imola Yellow
    1997 Dodge Intrepid ES - Black
    1991 Ford Taurus SHO - Hunter Green
    [No car below 200HP here!]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234