Idiot in a beamer - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Idiot in a beamer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think he was in traffic and in $hitty traffic snails can hold out much faster cars just by being ...

I think he was in traffic and in $hitty traffic snails can hold out much faster cars just by being a complete tosser.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BozzWRX

No, I got a VF30. The WRX's compression is already really low, you don't need upgraded internals. At 17PSI, having enough fuel or not to sustain those kind of boost levels is the primary concern.
    really..all the posts i've read about boost were 16 max..hmmm well that brings a new light on the boost conversations threads
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

16PSI is about as much as you should go on the STOCK TD04 turbo. It will start to run out of breath shortly after. On a larger turbo like a VF30 or VF22, you can go to about 19PSI (if you have adequate fuel to support that kind of boost). I only run 17PSI in emergencies (got a scrambble switch), but on the street I keep the EBC set at 1.0BAR (14.7 PSI).

Re: Idiot in a beamer

Originally posted by smokey

I understand your point re: the faster 0-60 does not necessarily mean a faster 1/4 mile, but in this instance I think it does. Are you implying that the TT will beat the WRX in the 1/4 mile? Sorry, you basically said it but I guess didn't want to OUTRIGHT say it...

I only had 0-60 times on hand, I just used them for reference. In this instance, the AWD, while not helping the WRX at high speeds, will give it a sizeable lead from the hole (since RWD is harder to launch and AWD gives the WRX an immediate advantage). Its not like you're racing a 'Vette where it can make that ground up. 210 hp vs. 227hp...

Hey, I could be wrong but you seemed like you were holding back...are you saying the TT can outrun the WRX?

I think your S4 can but I think that might even be a fairly close race, stock vs. stock. Not sure who would win really though...
    WOAH buddy, slow down there. I simply pointed out that a faster 0-60 does not always constitute a faster 1/4 mile time. I did no mud slinging and I did not hold back. You are trying to make me into an a-hole who thinks that all Audi's are gods and can beat anything. I DID NOT SAY THAT, YOU IMPLIED IT!!! I am not a moron, I know a WRX is faster than a TT. Now why don't you OUTRIGHT say that you are trying to flame me when there is no reason too? I am not an enemy of this board and have never bashed on a WRX. I LIKE THE CAR. You can read into that however you want. You think I am holding back on something? Fine, hope you don't lose to much sleep over it.

Oh, and further more, just to prove you are trying to start something with me, where in my post did I EVER mention a TT?

This is not necessarily true. A car with a better 0-60 is not gonna always have a better 1/4 mile. Especially when the car with the better 0-60 is AWD. There are many rear wheel drive cars that have so-so 0-60 times with excellent 1/4 mile times. The grip makes the difference. And like it or not, once the AWD car is moving, it has to work harder to keep that speed up and accelerate more.

tranquilo, tranquilo.......take it easy guys.....no sense getting upset.....

btw ...i have taken out more 3-series Bimmers than i can count.....i wont even run with them anymore.......now bring an M-3 or 5 to the table and hand me my A$$ if you will......but dont even mess with that diluted 3-series crap......just sayin what i feel.....as always....peace
    DML

Originally posted by DarkMoonLord
    btw ...i have taken out more 3-series Bimmers than i can count.....i wont even run with them anymore.......now bring an M-3 or 5 to the table and hand me my A$$ if you will......but dont even mess with that diluted 3-series crap......just sayin what i feel.....as always....peace
    DML
    BMW 330xi
    output/rpm
    hp 225/5900

Max. torque/rpm
    lb-ft 214/3500

and it's all wheel drive w/ a 5-speed. i think it would be a good race for a WRX. just my $.02
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

it WAS a good race....unfortunately i had a bad launch....and STILL won by about a lenght and a half.....could have been the guy driving the 330?? quien sabe? but still...one for me!
    DML

i'm really not a big fan of BMW's they all look the same. The headlights and taillights are roughly the same but the car is longer or shorter or 2door or 4...with exceptions of course
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by daiviouth

BMW 330xi
    output/rpm
    hp 225/5900

Max. torque/rpm
    lb-ft 214/3500

and it's all wheel drive w/ a 5-speed. i think it would be a good race for a WRX. just my $.02
    400 extra pounds probably slows it down but could be a good race.
    the extr $10,000 is why this car is rediculous

dude, people are such idiots!!! theres soooo many people here in texas that drive slow.....even in the left lane!!!! it makes me so mad. all they have to do is pull over in the right lane and let you pass, but no, they are such @#%$, they stay in the left lane w/ no one in front of them and just talk on the cell phone or shave, or fix their hair. TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS!!!!!!!!!! it makes me so mad.

dont the 330xi go for close to 40k??? i got my rex for 22600 WITH several options!! and thats MORE than a 10k difference....maybe 10k AFTER i finish modding it out??? until then though.....wanna run??? *smiles*
    DML

Originally posted by daiviouth

BMW 330xi
    output/rpm
    hp 225/5900

Max. torque/rpm
    lb-ft 214/3500

yeah but aren't they like stupid heavy?? I think that is the biggest handicap that the german cars like BMW and Merc suffer from

I'm not sure but overall power to weight I think the rex would take it stock for stock plus it doesn't cost much to make a rexy go a fair bit quicker.

Originally posted by DarkMoonLord
    dont the 330xi go for close to 40k??? i got my rex for 22600 WITH several options!! and thats MORE than a 10k difference....maybe 10k AFTER i finish modding it out??? until then though.....wanna run??? *smiles*
    DML
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Please get off the price thing. If you poor 10 thousand dollars into a rex and it is faster than a Ferrari, it doesn't make it a better car than a Ferrari. 9.99 out of 10 times, people would still choose the Ferrari if money were not an option. The WRX is a great car, I think everyone here knows that, but just cause it cost less then some others does not automatically make it a better car. And DarkMoonLord, I am not targeting you, I have read it a hundred times and I think that people are putting way to much stock in the cost of a car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast