Idiot in a beamer - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Idiot in a beamer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by The HomeliteXL BULLSH.I.T DaIVIouth...I've seen you do some insane azzhole manouvers when we roll out. You're a ...

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    BULLSH.I.T DaIVIouth...I've seen you do some insane azzhole manouvers when we roll out. You're a jagoff behind the wheel...admit it!
    Hey! I said i've done some as$h0le manuvers! But im driving ur as$ to work today, muhh ahh ahh haa!
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Kira,
    I just hope you don't categorize me with this woman (I'll say that loosely). I had a guy in an SUV cut me off when I was traveling at 80mph with no cars infront of me!! It was empty!! He just cuts me off!!

Sometimes I wish I had a laser underneath my car. *ZAP* Oops...there goes a flat tire....

I'm evil...sorry, but people need to F**ING!! pay attentiong when they drive!!! HELLO D*PSH*T there's someone else on this road other THAN YOU!!

Saw some poor woman get cut off by an Accord on 101S merging with 92W, she and her Camry went across!! 5 lanes and then into the barrier in the middle of the highway. All passengers were ok...the stupid Accord didn't even know what he/she did.

-LostLamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

God I miss my rex. -Koyokid

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

Originally posted by smokey
    I think they run low to mid 6s 0-60 and you're mid 5s so I figure you'd kill it in a 1/4 mile run.
    This is not necessarily true. A car with a better 0-60 is not gonna always have a better 1/4 mile. Especially when the car with the better 0-60 is AWD. There are many rear wheel drive cars that have so-so 0-60 times with excellent 1/4 mile times. The grip makes the difference. And like it or not, once the AWD car is moving, it has to work harder to keep that speed up and accelerate more.

Originally posted by wombat
    Situation from her view...

"out of my way peasant! can't you see I have a Bimmer. Now back in your box you little upstart".

See alot of those morons actually think they are doing the community a favor and slowing down the "hoons" when all they really are doing is creating a potentially dangerous situation.

Amen, wombat. We're dealing with several species here: 1) The Truly Incompetent - just don't have a clue what anyone else on the road is doing. Mirrors ? Who needs mirrors. 2) The Regulators - Get in the fast lane, slow down and make everyone try to work around to the right to get by.

3) Homicidal Idiots - Kira's Bimmer friend being Exhibit A. Do these people have a clue what will happen if you swap paint at 80 - 90 mph ? They've got that arrogant attitude - every other vehicle on the road is inferior to theirs. You see the same thing from Saab / Volvo drivers sometimes: "I've got the Swedish safety car ! What could happen to me ?!" . Ditto SUV drivers who think that bulk = the right to do whatever they want - another sub-human species.
    Old, but not slow.

Since this incident took place, I've decided to take a different route to work. I didn't want to risk running into the many people that seem to want to regulate that road. I'd rather sit in traffic in a more travelled road, than take that road I used to take, just because it infuriates me to see the wide open space in front of the people that cut me off and slow down.

Lostlamb, I won't categorize you with that woman. I know that everybody is different and not every person that drives a bimmer/volvo or whatever is arrogant and idiotic. Sometimes I wish I had like a tractor beam on my car, that way I can just pick up those cars and set them in the middle of a cowfield or something, in time out at a minimum.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Situation from her view...

"out of my way peasant! can't you see I have a Bimmer. Now back in your box you little upstart".
    Hey!! I should say that!! I drive a BMW

Hahaha...where do people get off on their social class based on a car that 100mil other people can afford to buy?? I don't give a rat's ass if you drive a Mercedes or a BMW or a bullet proof tinted window limo (oh wait...maybe this one I should care...). Rat bastards don't understand the meaning of PUBLIC roads.

I'm not perfect...but at least I'm attenative!! I've had too many arse holes change INTO my lane. Sure they used their lights...but...um...did you bother to look???

Scooby's point #3 says it all. Although, I don't see many SAAB/Volvo owners do that. It's all the SUVs here in CA!!

-LostLamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Sorry lost lamb I really didn't mean that as a generalisation about all bimmer drivers but more about a certain attitude taken by many ignorant F U C Ks out there regardless of what they drive really. But lately SUV's and trucks seem to be going out of their way to P1SS me off i tell ya!

Originally posted by LostLamb

Hey!! I should say that!! I drive a BMW

Hahaha...where do people get off on their social class based on a car that 100mil other people can afford to buy??
    -LostLamb
    Posers. The same mentality which will buy a sportbike to look cool lounging in leathers outside of Starbucks, but when you check their bike, they haven't leaned it far enough to erase the chicken strips off the tires.

There are people who drive BMW / Mercedes as a status symbol, though of course your point is well taken. I wouldn't say 100 million can afford one, but for sure you see enough 3-series on the road that there's no particular cachet of exclusivity in owning one.

Those such as yourself who drive a BMW for its sporting attributes tend to be in that minority who really drive well. Ditto Porsches, they're a status symbol, but you rarely see one being driven poorly.
    Last edited by ScoobySteve; 09-03-2002 at 11:16 PM.
    Old, but not slow.

Sorry lost lamb I really didn't mean that as a generalisation about all bimmer drivers but more about a certain attitude taken by many ignorant F U C Ks out there regardless of what they drive really. But lately SUV's and trucks seem to be going out of their way to P1SS me off i tell ya!
    Heh, it's all good Wombat. I know you just generalizing, but it was funny as hell.

Now I need a bumper sticker on my car!
    "out of my way peasant!"

LOL

Scooby, it's all so true here on the Pennisula. Sad to say my sister and brother-in-law are into this "status".

Regardless, people do what people do. Oh well. Suck it up and call it a day. Long live those twisty roads made for folks like us on this board.
    Funny I don't even own an WRX and I feel more at home here than I do on the BMW forums, except for the 2002 forums. Those guys rock!!

Anyways...word of thanks to this board, for letting a stray lamb into their lair. Just don't roast me.

-LostLamb

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Kira, you should get some mods instead of just Mobil 1 oil and a short shifter. Hehe, part of the reason I modded the hell out of my car was so that I can do battle with these moron drivers on the road and win everytime. Some idiot in a BMW 330i cut me off and wouldn't let me pass. He even blocked me everytime I changed lanes. So I turned up the boost on the EBC to 17PSI and blew past him before he could even attempt to block me. I made sure I gave him a nice big "F You" out of my window, then followed by a thumbs down.

When I ride my motorcycle, I also carry some nuts and bolts to throw at stupid motorists that piss me off.

Originally posted by BozzWRX
    Kira, you should get some mods instead of just Mobil 1 oil and a short shifter. Hehe, part of the reason I modded the hell out of my car was so that I can do battle with these moron drivers on the road and win everytime. Some idiot in a BMW 330i cut me off and wouldn't let me pass. He even blocked me everytime I changed lanes. So I turned up the boost on the EBC to 17PSI and blew past him before he could even attempt to block me. I made sure I gave him a nice big "F You" out of my window, then followed by a thumbs down.

When I ride my motorcycle, I also carry some nuts and bolts to throw at stupid motorists that piss me off.
    haahah don't piss off a guy with a bike...do you have upgraded engine internals or somthign to run 17psi
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

The only reason I haven't modded my car is because of lack of $$$. I wish it were as easy as just snapping my fingers and money would appear for me to mod my car. My next mod will be a new exhaust. Give me a year or two and I'll probably be able to afford it.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02

haahah don't piss off a guy with a bike...do you have upgraded engine internals or somthign to run 17psi
    No, I got a VF30. The WRX's compression is already really low, you don't need upgraded internals. At 17PSI, having enough fuel or not to sustain those kind of boost levels is the primary concern.

Re: Re: Re: Idiot in a beamer

Originally posted by 2001S4

This is not necessarily true. A car with a better 0-60 is not gonna always have a better 1/4 mile. Especially when the car with the better 0-60 is AWD. There are many rear wheel drive cars that have so-so 0-60 times with excellent 1/4 mile times. The grip makes the difference. And like it or not, once the AWD car is moving, it has to work harder to keep that speed up and accelerate more.
    I understand your point re: the faster 0-60 does not necessarily mean a faster 1/4 mile, but in this instance I think it does. Are you implying that the TT will beat the WRX in the 1/4 mile? Sorry, you basically said it but I guess didn't want to OUTRIGHT say it...

I only had 0-60 times on hand, I just used them for reference. In this instance, the AWD, while not helping the WRX at high speeds, will give it a sizeable lead from the hole (since RWD is harder to launch and AWD gives the WRX an immediate advantage). Its not like you're racing a 'Vette where it can make that ground up. 210 hp vs. 227hp...

Hey, I could be wrong but you seemed like you were holding back...are you saying the TT can outrun the WRX?

I think your S4 can but I think that might even be a fairly close race, stock vs. stock. Not sure who would win really though...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Shouldn't you be able to take out a BMW 330 w/out mods? You are definitely the faster car, especially if he/she's running an automatic. If they had a manny, it would be interesting, but you should still win. Your car is faster stock...so you're just increasing the gap, aren't you???
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.