C5 + STi + EVO
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on C5 + STi + EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought I was cool, I had my STi, my friend in his EVO, another friend with his C5 Corvette. ...

C5 + STi + EVO

I thought I was cool, I had my STi, my friend in his EVO, another friend with his C5 Corvette. We all had our walkie talkies, and I was trailing as I love the sound of a C5. My jackhole friend in his EVO tears off and I'm left doing the speed llimit waiting for my chance to chase the C5. Well, the C5 takes off with a puff of black smoke from his tail pipes, and I notice I can't catch him.. then I notice he's still spinning his tires through 3rd, 4th... etc.. I get a call on the walkie talkie from the C5. (and he's waaaaaay up in front now)

"... uhhh.. my clutch is stuck to the flywhee.. wait! There I got my toe under the clutch pedal and peeled the clutch off... ahhhhh"

Lesson to be learned.

1) C5 >>>>>> Sti, when the C5 is super charged running 6psi, new exhaust, + whatever.

2) Super chargning a C5 is costly. My friend needs a new clutch, and since this episode is getting a rebuilt transmission.

3) EVO owners are jackholes ;-)

FYI C5 Dynod at something like 750 HP to the wheels.

... I love corvettes... sigh....
    -Eric-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    yea my friend's blown c5 dyno'ed over 550rwhp and 700ft/lbs
    2003 SRT-4

groupies.

Hey mang, C5's don't to 750 rwhp with only 6psi. 450 rwhp maybe but no more. What size blower is it anyways? Is it an eaton or ati type? There are plenty of 650 rwhp blown C5's out there but they all have heads/cam/bolt-on's and boost up to 12 psi. By then they will have belt slippage issues unless they go with 8 rib pulley systems.

I went with a heads/cam route instead of a blown route but I wish I would have done the FI route.

Tell your friend to get a Ram clutch or Spec 3 at minimum. The new Exede dual clutch is all the rave at corvetteofum.com right now. Make sure he gets a Z06 slave and an adjustable master to go with it.
    Rice Mullet

most C5's>Most STi's

1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Originally posted by benelliwang
    Hey mang, C5's don't to 750 rwhp with only 6psi. 450 rwhp maybe but no more. What size blower is it anyways? Is it an eaton or ati type? There are plenty of 650 rwhp blown C5's out there but they all have heads/cam/bolt-on's and boost up to 12 psi. By then they will have belt slippage issues unless they go with 8 rib pulley systems.

I went with a heads/cam route instead of a blown route but I wish I would have done the FI route.

Tell your friend to get a Ram clutch or Spec 3 at minimum. The new Exede dual clutch is all the rave at corvetteofum.com right now. Make sure he gets a Z06 slave and an adjustable master to go with it.
    Maybe I didn't hear him, though I would imagine 6psi would put more to the wheels than 450hp? ehhh does it matter ;-) Its a monster, and I have no idea the extent he modified his engine. Alls I can say is when he popped the hood, I creamed myself. Lots of cool looking aftermarkert goodies ;-) hehe I'll let him know about the clutch.

Gotta love the C5, gotta love the STI more right now (I can drive in the snow).. WAIT! I just moved to DC, shoulda got the C5... ohhh well... I'll have fun with my Skyline Light.

-Eric-

Originally posted by Tgui
    Maybe I didn't hear him, though I would imagine 6psi would put more to the wheels than 450hp? ehhh does it matter ;-) Its a monster, and I have no idea the extent he modified his engine. Alls I can say is when he popped the hood, I creamed myself. Lots of cool looking aftermarkert goodies ;-) hehe I'll let him know about the clutch.

Gotta love the C5, gotta love the STI more right now (I can drive in the snow).. WAIT! I just moved to DC, shoulda got the C5... ohhh well... I'll have fun with my Skyline Light.

-Eric-
    450 rwhp is still a lot of fun, his car has a lot more potential then my C5. Upping boost > swapping cam, granted that he tunes it perfectly.

Both STi and C5's are great, I love them both. Right now my Sti is slow, need to mod it soon...
    Rice Mullet

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.