Not a kill story, but please...read...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Not a kill story, but please...read... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was driving back to my house on the freeway...I'm in the exit lane, about 1/4 mile away from the ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Not a kill story, but please...read...

i was driving back to my house on the freeway...I'm in the exit lane, about 1/4 mile away from the actual offramp, doing about 65mph. My t-tops are off and my windows are down. I hear this god awful noise from the car next to me and I look over to see 2 younger guys staring at me...THEY WERE IN A MOTHER FVCKING RAV-4!!!! It had a k&n sticker in the window and some other ricer-ish brands and I just looked back and shook my head. The guy floored it and the car "took off" Probably going from 70-80 in about 34seconds. The worst part is, when he passed, I saw a spoiler on his roof/hatch and an aftermarket exhaust!!! When is this madness going to end?!?! It was one thing when "sporty looking" cars like civics started getting modded but modding a rav4???!?!?! I had to laugh for about 19 minutes after I got home, but I was kinda sad at the same time.

Moral: If you know anyone who has a car that really should NOT be modded/racing PLEASE, for the sake of performance car owners and for the safety of the general public, slap them in the balls and then stand over them as they writhe around in pain and give them a stern talking to.
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Not a kill story, but please...read...

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Moral: If you know anyone who has a car that really should NOT be modded/racing PLEASE, for the sake of performance car owners and for the safety of the general public, slap them in the balls and then stand over them as they writhe around in pain and give them a stern talking to.

Mine's a Stock-a-roo

Believe it or not I saw one with a body (that was obviously for some other vehicle and wicked huge NAWZZZZZZZZ tank in the back. I was shocked and appauled at the blantant disregard for his mom's vehicle.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Slick:6:STi
    I was shocked and appauled at the blantant disregard for his mom's vehicle.
    LOL, come on now, don't jump to conclusions, it very well might have been his boyfriend's.
    2003 SRT-4

haha I have to say that is pretty bad. The worst though that I've seen is a Toyota Echo with exhaust and a wing thinking he's the fastest thing around. I mean come on this car was not made to be sporty at all...it's meant for getting really good gas mileage. And the thing does the quarter mile in like what 18 seconds...0-60 is what 12?? These days people think anything that they own is the fastest car out there. I've also seen GEO Metro's with exhaust and wing...I think these people are out there for our enjoyment, cuz i laughed hard when i saw these cars out there. Just think of them as clowns....just they aren't trying to be funny on purpose. That and always give them the
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

but but but,,,, you lost,,,,,,, ( he passed you, did he not? )
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by SQ Stang
    haha I have to say that is pretty bad. The worst though that I've seen is a Toyota Echo with exhaust and a wing thinking he's the fastest thing around. I mean come on this car was not made to be sporty at all...it's meant for getting really good gas mileage. And the thing does the quarter mile in like what 18 seconds...0-60 is what 12?? These days people think anything that they own is the fastest car out there. I've also seen GEO Metro's with exhaust and wing...I think these people are out there for our enjoyment, cuz i laughed hard when i saw these cars out there. Just think of them as clowns....just they aren't trying to be funny on purpose. That and always give them the
    Funny you mention the Echo here...two days ago, an Echo stopped traffic to get beside me and gun it, slam brakes, for a bizarre looking display of who knows what kind. He also had 7 people in the car. He was laughing at me until he became a distant little speck. I think he passed the restaurant right after they brought us the fortune cookies...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

with how accessable parts are at pepboys, autozone, and even WAL-MART these days, there is a whole new level of rice upon us...

every best be prepared. Its not going to get any better.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You kids haven't seen anything yet, in my hometown Walla Walla, it's the norm here for the high school kids to the the older boys in the there late 20's who "TRY" to custumize/fixup there cars. The best one i've seen here so far is a early Geo Metro with all the ricer works(neons, coffe can, shopping cart, decals, etc...) and a full custom bodykit. I looks like a CRX kit choped to hell to be fitted on that car. I'll have to get a picture of it when I visit.

I swear with all the money and effort that kid probably put into his car he could have probably bought a new car.

But:
    Classic cars are very very big here, and damn, they know what there dong with there babies. I'd personally give my REX anyday for one of those phat momas'
    Last edited by Rice Boi; 08-16-2004 at 11:30 PM.
    HKW

RAV-4 can be modded just not riced. I've seen plenty of RAV-4 that looks great w/ some JAOS stuff.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Dude at work is modding his Honda CRV sport. He's going for the ITR 16" rims and possibly a big zorst.
    He wants to race me, talks up the I-VTec.

Easy there Tiger.

Talking about silly people with riced out wheel barrels I see, well try this one for a measure. I was driving my gf to work one of these days and i come up to a light and see what looks like a hyundai accent the 2 door with an airplane wing on the back hatch, and a loud muffler. It was one of the older models i think like 2000 or older. So as i stand behind him i start laughing and tell my gf what a joke this guy is, and he must have saw me laughing becasue he punches it of the light. Well so i proceed to hand him his ar88ss through first by going around him. At the next light i stop at the red and he stops behind me, I was wishing i had a loud exhaust as i was completely stock at the time. I gave a couple a revs and left as the light turned green, he didn't try to catch up then...... as far as the toyota echo i also have seen a couple that had all kinds of ricer stickers and cannon sized mufflers.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Originally posted by DTR rex
    with how accessable parts are at pepboys, autozone, and even WAL-MART these days, there is a whole new level of rice upon us...

every best be prepared. Its not going to get any better.
    I walked into autozone last night and didn't know what to think when I walked out...

I totally agree with you. Its going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    I walked into autozone last night and didn't know what to think when I walked out...

I totally agree with you. Its going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.
    It's not going to get better, and it's no worse than it was back in the old days before ricers. In the early 1980's, there were always a couple of Olds Cutlass wagons or similar vehicles running around on cruise nights with the wheels painted silver, a cherry bomb glass pack and the top of the air cleaner flipped upside down.
    Orange cones fear me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast