wrx vs vw
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs vw within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how about a wrx vs a vr6 a2 gti? i've never raced one but i'm sure it would be a ...

wrx vs vw

how about a wrx vs a vr6 a2 gti? i've never raced one but i'm sure it would be a hell of a race

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What's the a2 part mean?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    my gf has an 04 GTI 1.8T and it puts me back in my seat (from a roll) as hard as my friends bone stock WRX...

Now, I've been in modded WRXs and there is no competition, but stock for stock I think the wrx wouldn't be much quicker than a 1.8t from a roll and the vr6s are even faster, right??
    2003 SRT-4

the 1.8t and the vr6 are both rated at 185hp each. and i think its 175 lb/ft of torque on each also. the vr6 obviously heavier. the turbo is quicker off the line and through the first few gears. but up top its the vr6 owning. my friend ran a 15.7 @ 92mph stock in his vr6. modded now with catback/chip/LSD?/tires and mounts it ran 14.9 at 95mph. 1.8t is rated 15.4 stock. i ran the vr6 stock for stock in the wrx. from a roll i pulled a car in 1st and 2nd and stayed that way till shut down at 100.

it depends on when you start..higher speeds in higher gears your advantage...with vw small turbo they have good low end torque but run out of steam at around 5k....but its a drivers race ..i remember racing my friends gti 1.8 w/intake when i had a cai(which i got rid of so dont flame) ..it was neck 2 neck..i was a new driver than but i dont think it takes that much of skill to go off a roll
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

sht
    the new vr6 has 201hp and some good tq the 1.8t had 180 hp and about 170ish tq. but you have to look at the tq curve its nice realy nice.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by Integra96
    What's the a2 part mean?
    The A2 refers to the generation of VW. The first gen. is known as Mk1 or A1 and so on. As for ole boy wanting results of a Vr race vs. a rex? Well it will depend on whether it has has an engine swap. The newer gen.'s have around 200 horses as sht explained but the original ones were good for about 175 all the way up to 2001 when they changed the...manifold I believe. Not sure about that so maybe someone else can tell me that. Anyway the A2s are much lighter than the A4s that are rolling around today so don't be surprised if u see him coming up on you hard after 80. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I plan on running my buddies GLX VR6 5spd. jetta at some point so I'll post as to how that goes as well.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

Originally posted by POLAR
    the 1.8t and the vr6 are both rated at 185hp each.
    My girlfriend and I have a VW GTI VR6 which is stock 200HP.
    Black 2005 STi
    Mods: iPod resting in console and turbo gauge

Re: wrx vs vw

if its a mk4 motor swapped into that chassis, possibly give you a run for your money...mods depending

Originally posted by Mr_Ginzo
    how about a wrx vs a vr6 a2 gti? i've never raced one but i'm sure it would be a hell of a race
    im sure you would walk away pretty nicely if he had original drivetrain, its probably pretty weathered by now...again mods depending
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Our VR6 GTI can keep up pretty well with a stock WRX. The WRX handles better (of course) and pulls ahead between shifts. The GTI does a lot better in the higher gears (from my experience). It has no problem with having good acceleration at 90+ MPH. The thing I don't like about the GTI is it's heavy, very heavy, and rolly (compared to a WRX). I think a properly driven WRX would take the GTI no problem. We were zooming around with someone who could not drive her WRX very well, so we kept up

The STi would stomp both

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
    Black 2005 STi
    Mods: iPod resting in console and turbo gauge

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it a hybrid? The a2 VW's span from 1985 to 1992 and didn't come with a VR6. The a3 spanned from 1993 to 1999 1/2 and were available with the VR6. If it is an a2 with a VR6 swap the are usually pretty deadly because they were so light.

vr6 in a vw bus is rated at 201 vr6 in a jetta is rated at 200... my cuz has a vr6 jetta and ill hand his ass to him every time without hesitation...

For what it is worth, my 2005 Legacy GT automatic is definately quicker than my 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8t with the 5 speed.

That is just my 2 cents.

I owned

0'1 VR6 Jetta, Chip/Exhaust

00 1.8T GTI, Chip/Exhaust

they were both faster then most people would think but my wifes stock IS300 beat the Jetta and which ever got the jump would win with the GTI, they were close

theyre fun cars but not mind blowing fast

that must have been some ****ty drivers

Originally posted by HBPUNK
    I owned

0'1 VR6 Jetta, Chip/Exhaust

00 1.8T GTI, Chip/Exhaust

they were both faster then most people would think but my wifes stock IS300 beat the Jetta and which ever got the jump would win with the GTI, they were close

theyre fun cars but not mind blowing fast
    nice job
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast