wrx vs vw - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx vs vw within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by POLAR the 1.8t and the vr6 are both rated at 185hp each. and i think its 175 ...

Originally posted by POLAR
    the 1.8t and the vr6 are both rated at 185hp each. and i think its 175 lb/ft of torque on each also. the vr6 obviously heavier. the turbo is quicker off the line and through the first few gears. but up top its the vr6 owning. my friend ran a 15.7 @ 92mph stock in his vr6. modded now with catback/chip/LSD?/tires and mounts it ran 14.9 at 95mph. 1.8t is rated 15.4 stock. i ran the vr6 stock for stock in the wrx. from a roll i pulled a car in 1st and 2nd and stayed that way till shut down at 100.

Those cars had better be HEAVY to be pulling numbers that low, or they're ****ty drivers.

I've seen the Celica GT-S pulling low 15s stock. The best time for an NA Celica (I/H/E/PFC/DRs) thus far has been 13.7 @ 102.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

By definition if it's an A2 with a VR6 it has a swap...

The VR6 never came in an A2, it was available in the Corrado before the A3 but never the a2.

Be careful, most people who go thru the trouble of swapping a VR6 into an A2 know what they are doing and yes A2's can be made very, very light.
    -Abe

tan
    A2 with the VR6...those suckers are quick. Awesome power to weight ratio.

A1 with the VR6...ditto. Some are putting the 1.8T and the 1.9T...I mean TDI also (since the 1.6L IDI is weak)

Originally posted by Aracheon
    Those cars had better be HEAVY to be pulling numbers that low, or they're ****ty drivers.
    yes, the cars are heavy. they are volkswagens so obviously. the vr6 golf is a 2 door hatch and comes in at like almost 3300 for the 02'. it could be less, correct me if im wrong. the mags will rate them 15.4 stock usually. doesnt mean everyone will pull it off. the older models come in much lighter.

tan
    the 1.8T were 150 bhp and 155 lb-ft
    In 2002, it got bumped to 180 bhp and 177 lb-ft (more or less).

the VR6 12V made around 174 bhp and 181 lb-ft
    the VR6 24V makes 201 bhp and 195 lb-ft, starting around 2002

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.