Drag Racing

This is a discussion on Drag Racing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving downtown a couple of weeks ago and witnessed a spectacle both hilarious and unsettling...A Civic drag racing ...

Drag Racing

I was driving downtown a couple of weeks ago and witnessed a spectacle both hilarious and unsettling...A Civic drag racing a large, shiny black Ford diesel from a light.

The guy in the Ford had his seat leaned back, and I think it was broken because he was really leaning toward the middle, too, and looked like he had to hang on to the steering wheel with his wrist (not his hand) to keep from laying down over the middle console. Of course he was wearing a skullcap down almost over his eyes and his stereo was making my windshield vibrate (I think it was J. Lo).

The Civic was purple, but its hood was black. Neither color reflected any light. His hubcaps were missing, so his wheels were simple black disks with holes in a circle equidistant from hub and rim. I think they were all spares, come to think of it. His muffler seemed to me to be a large coffee can painted chrome.

The girl in the passenger side of the Civic was checking out the guy in the diesel, so the the next thing you know the driver of the Honda is gesturing at the Ford driver and pointing toward the light. He power brakes and sqeaks forward...and I swear his car farted somehow through that coffee can.

The light turns green and they take off...sorta...The diesel belches black smoke and the Civic launches with the ferocity of a flooded boat motor.

My sister and I were following directly behind the Diesel laughing our asses off. I believe there was a 1989 Ford Aerostar behind the Civic. The overweight, embittered housewife within was laughing into her cell-phone.

I knew in that moment that I had witnessed perfection.

EDIT: PS> The diesel won.
    Last edited by Judas; 08-15-2004 at 02:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ah,
    These are the days of our lives.

LMAO...All I'm sayin is two things: You can't polish a turd, and diesels are not for drag racing.

But you CAN polish a turd. I have seen it done again and again. And after it is polished, it will sell to the masses.
    You spray paint the hood gray to look like carbon from a distance, put a giant double element wing on the back, a large muffler tip and it will sell on ebay. The turd-burger ricer express.

Originally posted by Judas
    diesels are not for drag racing.

Not necessarily true. I have seen some fast trucks at the track.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by GriffinREX
    Not necessarily true. I have seen some fast trucks at the track.
    yea, there is a local guy with a turbo diesel pushing 60lbs of boost and he's running mid 12s in his 6000lb ride!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by Judas
    You can't polish a turd
    I use gold spray paint.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX

Wink funny

Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES