Wife's Stg 2 WRX vs My New STI - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Wife's Stg 2 WRX vs My New STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Video is on hold at the moment. I've noticed that my Sti is only hitting .08 MPa (I think its ...

Video is on hold at the moment. I've noticed that my Sti is only hitting .08 MPa (I think its supposed to be at .1 going wot). It might be the gas I'm not sure. Hopefully someone can chime in on this...

I'm also having problem finding someone who will hold the camera since its the start of the work week. I'll keep you guys posted when I get it filmed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

.08 is def too low. Have you tried resetting the ECU? is the wastegate adjustable on the STi? Could it be that the brass restrictor is missing from the stock boost controller?
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Originally posted by scooby24
    .08 is def too low. Have you tried resetting the ECU? is the wastegate adjustable on the STi? Could it be that the brass restrictor is missing from the stock boost controller?
    Haven't tried any of that yet. I figured its just throwing a fit since we can get any good gas in our area.... I think stock STI is supposed to be at 14.5 psi, .08 is prolly in the 10-12?

I bet the crap gas we have here is the problem. At the dyno it was very obvious that our gas really holds us back. Thats why I decided to go with the aquamist system. It works great so far!
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

I don't see how the gas can affect boost? boost is controlled independently by exhaust velocity and wastegate. Even if we had crappy gas, if our wastegates didn't open boost would build until the turbo exploded. Therefore sounds to me like it's a wastegate issue of some sort. Have a sneaky suspision the brass fitting isn't where it's supposed to be.
    05 Crystal Gray STi

Greg,

Are you feeling generous as always and donate some of your expertise my way? I'll buy you lunch that I still owe you

KCREXwagon- We do have crap gas around here. I hate driving to barry rd everytime I need a fill. I'm sure its knocking like crazy at the moment. I'm just not sure if the cpu will hold boost back as a result.

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Greg,

Are you feeling generous as always and donate some of your expertise my way? I'll buy you lunch that I still owe you

KCREXwagon- We do have crap gas around here. I hate driving to barry rd everytime I need a fill. I'm sure its knocking like crazy at the moment. I'm just not sure if the cpu will hold boost back as a result.
    Yeah Mark I'd be happy to help! Don't worry about lunch my services are free!

On a side note you can use 91 oct on the STi but the ECU WILL retard timing because it is optimally tuned for 93. It will sense knock, if even a minor amount, and will retard timing. I know cuz I experimented by putting in 89 when my car says it requires 91. Could only detect an ever so slight knock but after about 50 miles the car noticeably got slower until I reset it again, put in good gas, and went on my way.
    05 Crystal Gray STi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.