Me VS V8 Sunbeam Tiger

This is a discussion on Me VS V8 Sunbeam Tiger within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday was a pretty nice day and alot of people around here had their cars out. I drove past my ...

Me VS V8 Sunbeam Tiger

Yesterday was a pretty nice day and alot of people around here had their cars out. I drove past my friend Steve's house and his dads Sunbeam Tiger track car was parked out front so I stopped to take a peek and see what all has been done since the last time I saw it.

Full roll cage, new rear end, new tranny, and street slicks... hmm.
    As I'm getting ready to get back into the car, Steve comes out and laughs and tells me to get my "rice burner" out of his driveway.

So I tell him my rice burner will rip him a new one (I knew it wouldnt). He says "OK, prove it". Goes inside and gets the keys and comes out and tells me to follow him.

He pulls out and I follow him to the highway. We get to a light we can pace the yellow on and line up. He yells "Sure you wanna do this?" I laugh and tell him I'll take it like a man. Light turns green, and that was that.

I never had a prayer. He beat me out of the hole, and pulled me HARD. He was a good 5-6 cars in front of me by the time I shifted to 3rd. It was insanely fast. It was completely and totally out of my league, and I knew it before hand... but getting to see that thing tear down the road was cool.

Here's a pic of the car I took a little later after he went back home, crappy camera phone pic though... sorry.

(Ran 10.7 in the 1/4)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know a few of them babies that are absolute monsters. Have you ever seen Lucky Snyders Sunbeam?
    I think I know where to find a few nice pics of it.
    lucky

holy crap that car is small, V8 powered go karts usually deal out alot of whoop@ss
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by Wannabe
    I know a few of them babies that are absolute monsters. Have you ever seen Lucky Snyders Sunbeam?
    I think I know where to find a few nice pics of it.
    lucky
    I've seen Snyders a couple of times before. That's a whole different animal though. :lol:

This one doesn't have the huge blower, just a small Vortech pushing about 5-6 PSI. It's never been on a dyno, but he says it's a bit over 450 HP at the wheels.

Still pretty sick though

I Support ClubWRX
    I love those cars. I see one everyday on my way home from work(parked near the freeway.)

My dad told me stories about Sunbeam Tigers back in the day. It used to take people 8 hours to change all of the sparkplugs in those cars. Some people would actually cut holes in the body to get to the spark plugs, since there was little room between the motor and the frame of the car to get to the spark plugs.

Remember, there were two types of Sunbeam tigers. The Sunbeam Tiger I had a 260ci 164hp V8 in it. The Sunbeam Tiger II had a 289ci Mustang motor in it with about 200hp. They were around 2500 pounds, so you could imagine with only minor mods, how fast these things could be. And they look REALLY cool.