Cobb Stage 2 vs E46 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 vs E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This event isn't going to make me want to think that I can beat on E46 M3's. Hell, I'll race ...

This event isn't going to make me want to think that I can beat on E46 M3's. Hell, I'll race any car just for the fun of racing. Don't get me wrong, I know my car is not the fastest, nor do I go around acting like it.

Like I said before, going into it, I wasn't expecting to win, nor would think that I even won the "race" with the stated events. It could very well be thathe was messing around and wasn't trying that hard. I can except that. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just happy that an M3 driver wanted to play me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    This event isn't going to make me want to think that I can beat on E46 M3's. Hell, I'll race any car just for the fun of racing. Don't get me wrong, I know my car is not the fastest, nor do I go around acting like it.

Like I said before, going into it, I wasn't expecting to win, nor would think that I even won the "race" with the stated events. It could very well be thathe was messing around and wasn't trying that hard. I can except that. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just happy that an M3 driver wanted to play me.
    agreed.... It is rare to find that owners of these cars want to show what they can do....

Make me really happy though that when I do find one, I'll be ready!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    anything can happen on the streets because of the driver. however, you were racing him from a roll, and it doesn't take much skills to race from a roll. also, from a roll is where the e46 are notorious at. on the other hand, from a roll is when awd loses it's ground. therefore, he was either just messing with you, or weren't really racing. not saying that were lying, but just saying you might have thought you won.
    agree, but the e46 M3 isn't that much from a roll either. i've owned few. they are more known for their track performance and how if the engine keeps in the sweet spot will run circle around everyone else on the track usually.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by FrankW
    agree, but the e46 M3 isn't that much from a roll either. i've owned few. they are more known for their track performance and how if the engine keeps in the sweet spot will run circle around everyone else on the track usually.
    how can anyone with grammar like this afford to own "a few" e46 m3s??
    2003 SRT-4

what are you talking about. The engine on that car is made for mid and high end speed. If you really haved owned a "few" then you should be quite aware of that.

so if you have owned a "few" E46 M3's then what are you driving now?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Even if the m3 makes a bit more to the wheels than a stage 2, remember the wrx is lighter by about 300 lb, a definite advantage...

i know that e46 is a good track performance car. i also know that it have a really strong mid to top end as well.....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by akimoto9
    Even if the m3 makes a bit more to the wheels than a stage 2, remember the wrx is lighter by about 300 lb, a definite advantage...
    what do WRXs and m3s weigh??
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    what do WRXs and m3s weigh??
    wrx weighs around 3080lbs

Not sure about the M3
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    wrx weighs around 3080lbs

Not sure about the M3
    damn even with the AWD the wrx still comes in just over 3k...that's impressive...why are stupid VR4s so heavy??
    2003 SRT-4

how can anyone with grammar like this afford to own "a few" e46 m3s??
    my bad. sorry for the late night grammar, but you get the point.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    what are you talking about. The engine on that car is made for mid and high end speed. If you really haved owned a "few" then you should be quite aware of that.

so if you have owned a "few" E46 M3's then what are you driving now?
    owned a few as in killed a few, sorry for the misunderstanding.

the car i'm driving now has a supercharged V6. u can take a wild guess. also, my previous coupe has a 2.8 liter 193hp Double VANOS inline-6. u can take another guess how i know more about Germans than Japanese imports.

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    i know that e46 is a good track performance car. i also know that it have a really strong mid to top end as well.....
    very true, but nothing my car couldn't handle on the freeway. On the track it'll kick my ass for sure tho.

VR-4's equal sizeable motor, AWD drivetrain and bulk body no compromises body. pushing around 3700lbs i believe.
    even if the wrx an bmw made the same power, the stock turbo will run out of breath and the bmw will own the top end. if it was even possible to make that much power on stock turbo. the m3 stock will make atleast about 50-60 more whp than a stage 2 wrx. 280whp bmw,- 220whp wrx, thats generous for the subaru. the bimmer will run it to the ground. i have an M roadster which is comprable to the m3, (315hp, lighter z3 body). i absolutely destroyed it from a roll and a dig when i had exhaust and reflash. but a lady friend was driving. 3 weeks later i ran the same car with my newly acquired stage 4 wrx using PE 1820. i had a decent tune on pump gas and stock intercooler. and i had a guy friend drive the BMW this time. we hung side by side the whole way from 30-120mph. i mean it was close! i pulled a hair in 1st and 3rd. it was a 3 way run with a 20g talon that pulled us hard. but i was babying the shifting.. i have both on video. just goes to show it all depends on who is driving. nothing against women.

damn even with the AWD the wrx still comes in just over 3k...that's impressive...why are stupid VR4s so heavy??
    vr4 body is wide with small interior. it's also heavy because of it's big v6 engine.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast