Awd Vs. Awd

This is a discussion on Awd Vs. Awd within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So tonight i was bored and decided to do something not very smart but fun , go out and find ...

Awd Vs. Awd

So tonight i was bored and decided to do something not very smart but fun , go out and find someone on the road to race. However nuthing was promising so i decided to come back home and go to sleep. On my way home not far from my house a guy in a black Allroad AUDI 2.7T was rolling along, and I came close to his back and then switched the lane to go around him. As i came to the next light (its a 3 lane road) which was red, all the way in the left lane was a cab driver. I saw that the AUDI driver was slowing down going behind the cabby. I was all the way in the right lane. I thought to myself oh well no one wants to race, as soon as that went through my head the AUDI driver pulls up along side of me. He was older with propably his wife. So then I thought, is he trying to race me? as i turned and put in 1st the light changed to green and the joker punches it.... so i follow suit but in my haste to try and catach him i realsed the clutch to fast and bogged down terribly(dammit). He pulled about half cars length by the time my boost kicked back in and i proceeded to close the gap to about 1/4 cars length in 1 st and that was as much as i was able to do as we flewpast the next 3 green lights hitting 100mph. He was not able to pull on me but i wasn't able to catch him either. I was dissapointed that a good race was messed up by me failing to launch. So yeah i lost but I think the outcome would have been different had I launched properly. BTW the 2.7T is the same engine as in the B5 AUDI s4 with 250 HP.
    I am Cobb stage 1 93 oct.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool, good run
    2003 SRT-4

i love the all-road, especially the ones in 6-spd. since they have the same engine as the old s4, some of the engine mods are insane. all that speed in a wagon. go off-road in the morning, do 155mph later in the day. awesome. obviously, its also like $50k brand new.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Those 2.7's are quick but very heavy...They can be made into monsters w/some help from apr...

Good kill...You got 800lbs on him though..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

understandable, blow the launch and you get a mid high 15 second quarter time...

Hit it perfect and you should be around a 14.0. That audi is probably high 14's.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

yeah what surprised me that even with his wife he went nuts WOT had he been in there by himself i would have reved up and launched, but the surprise attack got me

Kartboy short shifter

i bet his wife gave him en earfull after that LOL

Kartboy short shifter

Good run.

I'm curious about this sig though "MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!" My mildly modded accord v6 puts down 191hp and 193lb-ft to the ground, from a dig any awd molests it, but from a roll a stock wrx is an easy snack for it. Are you the typical riceboy that goes around racing every civic around to show what a man you are? I'm not trying to start anything, but that's an awfully bold statement. My car before the accord was a turbo prelude putting 291hp and 267lb-ft to the ground in a 2550lb car(gutted of course). I also own an 05 wrx wagon and statements like that are just pathetic. My Ford 7.3l F350 boat pulling truck puts more torque out of two cylinders than you put out of all 4(gauging by similar bullydog modded 7.3l it should lay down about 410whp and 750lb-ft). Sigs like that are just troll bait and show that you are compensating for something. You want me to bring my best friend in to the board? He picked up a 99 SS for $10K with 28K miles on it 3 months ago and so far has put another $10K in supercharger and suspension upgrades and he can run circles around my cobb stg 2 rex, he has enough torque to beat me from a dig(he's put down a 1.64 60' at sac raceway) and enough hp to roll by me like I hit a tree, and all that for less money than a rex.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the Honda/torque/lugnuts thing is a just a lighthearted stab at the relative torquelessness of most Honda motors. Get over it.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

no actually no civic wants to race me and no i do not go around trying to race them but when they come along they are easy snack for me , however i dont see how 193 ft-lbs would be an easy snack as compared to 220, and in the turns it would ba a joke. This is a subaru forum and i was just trying to come up with a sig that gets some attention, i do not go on honda forums and talk smack. Its just for fun anyways so no worries mate.

Cheers

Kartboy short shifter

Originally posted by subaru_crazy
    no actually no civic wants to race me and no i do not go around trying to race them but when they come along they are easy snack for me , however i dont see how 193 ft-lbs would be an easy snack as compared to 220, and in the turns it would ba a joke. This is a subaru forum and i was just trying to come up with a sig that gets some attention, i do not go on honda forums and talk smack. Its just for fun anyways so no worries mate.

Cheers
    I was just curious. It was the type of sig I saw when moderating on some honda forums when trolls came by. No harm, no foul, I apologize if I flared any cackles.

Also that's 193lb-ft to the ground, compared to about 160lb-ft stock for the wrx, considering driveline loss that's about 250lb-ft at the crank. That was with the usual intake, headers, exhaust, CL-S cams, CL-S throttle body, and a tuned v-afc. It was still a tank, but once it got moving it went pretty well.
    Last edited by illusion; 08-14-2004 at 06:45 PM.

BTW my mom drives 2003 honda civic i love the interior dash and finish i just hate the people that rice them out with those loud mufflers around here

peace

Kartboy short shifter

I guess if it is an 18 wheeler's lug, it would take more torque than a lot of cars can make. . My impact wrench can make 600 ft-lbs in reverse