The wagon battle!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The wagon battle!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a fun race this afternoon on the way home I thought I'd share. I'm putting along relaxing from ...

The wagon battle!!

I had a fun race this afternoon on the way home I thought I'd share.

I'm putting along relaxing from a hard day, windows up, AC on, norah jones in the cd player and the light ahead turns red so I nicely stop. It's a long light and I get bored easily so I glance around and note a Dodge magnum next to me. I spot the hemi badge and nod in appreciation. I look up to see if there was the old fart I was expecting to see driving it, instead I see a guy about my same age, early 30s, and this putz is shaking his head at me. I give him a WTF look in return and he starts laughing to himself and torque breaks up(yeah nothing better than letting your automatic sit just under stall for 15 seconds). Now I've test driven a magnum hemi and for a 4000+lbs tank it scoots pretty good, but I'm wondering what the hate was for. I didn't want any chance at all to hose this one up so I turn off the a/c and radio(so i can concentrate) and wait patiently all the while this putz is inching probably burning his TC to hell. Finally I see the other light turn yellow and bring the revs up a bit getting ready to do some ass handing. On green I go for it with a nice feather launch and yank a 1/2 car instantly, through first I bring it to a car and a half, then a bit over 3 cars at the end of second and I let off. This hosehead comes flying by me with his arm out the window flipping me off.

I'm so sick of arseholes, but it felt so nice to put a turd like that in his place! Gotta love Cobb stg 2 It's one thing to love your car, but don't hate on others just because you "think" that you're fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He was just telling you that you are number one in Korean or something.

All you have to do is pull up at the next light and stick your arse out the window at him. That means thank you in martian or something.

nice kill....some people just dont appreciate the imports
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

I Support ClubWRX
    Another asshat who thinks that Hemi>all. Stupid rednecks.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I really don't understnad the geting all pissed off over losing like that? Especailly since it was HIM that was laughing like he was all that... If you had moved over on him, or jumped the light or something.. I could understand the public display of affection on his part. But if it was just your normal game of red light green light, he's got issues.

I just never seem to get lucky enough to get a red light AND someone that wants to play at the same time.

I love that kinda stuff as they think oh its a wagon must be slow. the wtf look oh that sucks what a hemi snob. nice kill
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

if he didnt have a surfboard, a 2x4, and a couch he might have hung with ya ...

good run... i bet that motor puts down a mean number on the dyno.

Anyways, they run 14.0-14.2 at 100-102mph, even in full 300c chrysler trim. Good enough to teach a stock wrx a lesson.

gotta love wagons
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Nice kill
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Good Kill. I agree that some people are just morons when it comes to spirited driving on the streets. Some guy in an F150 truck flicked me off when I raced him with my little corolla and beat him 3 lights in a row. I didnt really understand why he did that, but he did it. I kinda just shook my head, I wasnt even going to start playing his stupid game and do something dumb in return. Instead I just flashed a peace sign at him...at which he started screaming something...lol.
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Trailboss, I swear, I laugh everytime I see your avatar

PS. nice kill

if they cant keep up then do a fly by or be a stupid driver i just wave.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Its a little off topic but my wife and I bought a Volvo V70R (300hp awd wagon) recently and amazingly today when I was driving it someone in a hemi magnum deliberately pulled into a right hand lane that ended about 500 yards after the light we were lined up at. I'm assuming he either wasn't paying attention and/or just didn't realise what he was getting into. At least he had plenty of room to merge...I've read that Dodge are working on a 4WD magnum but the whole set up seems pretty primitive to me...
    I should add that the V70R is definitely slower than my stage 2 WRX...its a lot more confortable though and the kids like it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mod the V70-R! Hehe, I really like those...

What suspension setting do you normally use?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I'm looking into it....There's a few options but nowhere near as many as for the wrx. Its actually quite amusing to hang on the volvo boards, peopel there are pretty clueless. It really makes me appreciate the wrx community. The most interesting part of the car is the haldex awd system which should be responsive to software mods. The electronically controllled struts are pretty cool too. The car has a "comfort" mode that softens everything up as well as sport and an advanced mode thats basically like a track set up. So I should be able to run 18 inch wheels with agressive rubber, hit the confort setting and everyone should be happy. In theory..... The most dramatic suspension feature is that it firms the front struts under heavy braking (and the brakes are amazing- brembos 4 calipers on the front, ventillated discs all round, p zero rubber) so the nose doesn't dive which takes some getting used to. I don't think its the ultimate sport wagon but there's a lot of technology involved. I'd love to try a legacy STI wagon but it'll do for a while...

I Support ClubWRX
    (sorry to hijack the crap outta this thread)

But, awesome...you should post some pics of it. I'd love to see some mods for those things. I'm sure it could be made quite fast with a gutted exhaust, engine management, etc.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.