my 02 silver rex VS honda prelude (97)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my 02 silver rex VS honda prelude (97) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what is it about honda drivers? just kidding. i own a honda accord so i have nothing again the honda ...

Talking my 02 silver rex VS honda prelude (97)

what is it about honda drivers? just kidding. i own a honda accord so i have nothing again the honda crowd.

anyways, here we go:

i'm driving with my wife on a busy friday night out - lots of traffic.
    we're cruising in traffic at around 45 mph when all of a sudden, we hear this crazy loud revving next to us - my wife was like "what the heck is that noise?," and i look over to see what's up against me. purple prelude, one of the older generations (1996) i believe, and it looked pretty nice - purple paint job, LOUD exhaust, nice rims - couldn't see who was driving though but i could tell through the tinted windows that there were 2 people.

anyways, my wife was like, "don't they know what they're up against? this is a subie! ewww, stupid honda!" i couldn't help but laugh at my wife's little comment, but i was surprised at what she told me next: "c'mon, smoke him, sweetheart!" it was such a major tun on, lol. she never ever tells me to do that, and always gets pissed when i drive hard to test the rex every now and then. i told her i couldn't yet because of all the traffic. we end up stopping at a red light behind 2 cars w/ the prelude in the other lane about 2 cars back. light turns green and i end up passing traffic till i had no cars ahead of me and a long stretch of open road. all this while, i'm looking in my rear view mirror to see if the prelud wanted to play. he did. he weaved through traffic like a madman until he caught up to me (i'm doing about 35)- first, i let him do the ricer flyby - he revved at me a couple of times and then took off. he then slowed down so i could catch up. so now we're both cruising at about 35. it wasn't about a second after i caught up that he takes off - loud exhaust going off like crazy!, so he takes the jump on me, about half a car length, when i floor it in 2nd gear and put about 2 car lengths on him up until 65 mph and then in 3rd gear, i pull away BIGTIME, about 50 buslenghts(just kidding - more like 2 bus lengths, i think he stopped trying)
    until 80 mph when my wife tells me to slow down. i slow down to about 45 mph to see if the prelude is up to it again, but now he's cruising way back, keeping his steady, not wanting to catch up to me this time i guess. my wife was THRILLED! not to mention proud of me and our little rex. I LOVE THIS CAR!

oh yeah, my only mod is an accessport (stage 1). my helix downpipe just came in today and i just ordered an MRT catback from a fellow subie member at nasioc, so i'll be stage 2 soon enough!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nothing like shutting somebody up when they think they're the isht

Good kill.

I think he gave up after your 2 car length lead when in 2nd going to 3rd.

Yeah I am getting my rex in November most likely but I raced a prelude with my stock Mirage which is a 97' LS and I am completely stock with only 115hp and 118tq and this prelude was doing that kinda stuff to me so I down shifted and floored it and I was dead even, door to door with him until about 85-90 then I let off cause we were going around a corner but he stayed on it.

I was thinking man if my stock mirage stayed door to door with it till that speed I can just imagine what a stock rex will do to it . Nice kill man, you showed him what's up.

now i wonder what i could've done now that i'm stage 2...

Originally posted by TheReaper
    Yeah I am getting my rex in November most likely but I raced a prelude with my stock Mirage which is a 97' LS and I am completely stock with only 115hp and 118tq and this prelude was doing that kinda stuff to me so I down shifted and floored it and I was dead even, door to door with him until about 85-90 then I let off cause we were going around a corner but he stayed on it.

I was thinking man if my stock mirage stayed door to door with it till that speed I can just imagine what a stock rex will do to it . Nice kill man, you showed him what's up.
    what year prelude are you referring too?? I assuming it was the early 90's gen, or 97-2k1 gen. In either circumstance the lude would own your mirage. I dont know what the hell happened with your race, but the prelude is a 195hp car, that shines on the top end. It will run lower 15's stock and would beat your mirage if he missed 2 gears

I dont think he was really racing
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Preludes are so fvcking slow.
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    w3rd. Preludes wish that they were never born.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.