WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All around - i know in a strait line, we would win. But - my friend took me for a ...

WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord

All around - i know in a strait line, we would win. But - my friend took me for a ride in his the other night, and he can corner like no other. Is it just his driving skills or could this car out handle a wrx? (v6 accord) ? I wouldnt think so b/c we got awd but then again, i dont know too much.

Thanks for the input guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    All around - i know in a strait line, we would win. But - my friend took me for a ride in his the other night, and he can corner like no other. Is it just his driving skills or could this car out handle a wrx? (v6 accord) ? I wouldnt think so b/c we got awd but then again, i dont know too much.

Thanks for the input guys.

only 5-spd accord v6 ever made is the new 2003-2004 5-spd automatic V6 accord. only accord ever to come in manual and v6 is the new 6-spd. i personally dont think they can outhandle a wrx when both are done up correctly.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    hes a better driver then, cause a stock for stock same driver a wrx will outhandle a fwd car.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

They handle good, but with equal drivers the rex should take thhe cake, your friend can probably drive well. When I was bone stock I played with one of my friends in his 04 6 speed. From a roll he could slowly walk me although the faster we went the harder he walked(make sense, more power, MUCH less drive train loss, 6 speed, and only 200 more lbs) From a dig and in the corners I owned him. We swapped cars and tried the same road again, and even with his sissy driving I had trouble keeping up with me driving the accord(but I was hanging in a lot better in the accord than with him driving) and then on the straight it was the same, walked the rex pretty easily. I've since raced him again now that he has a tuned V-AFC, intake, and exhaust and I'm running cobb stage 2 91map and it wasn't even close. From a dig I absolutely molested him, and from a roll it wasn't even close, on the thrid honk he'd nail it and make it about 1/4 car up then I'd just dance right past him. Hope to play with him again after the VF34 goes in

the road next to the red line was where we were playing

As far a interior goes, the accord is DAMN nice(I'll miss my 01 v6 accord when I sell it). It's quiet, roomy, soft, and just an entirely different beast.

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    yea those things are for middle aged drivers, who dont mind the tradeoff of less power for a sweet interior. thats why all the previous v6 accords were auto.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    yea those things are for middle aged drivers, who dont mind the tradeoff of less power for a sweet interior. thats why all the previous v6 accords were auto.
    HEY Damn it I'm middle aged!!! There's a time for everything. For farting around, commuting, and short road trips I love the rex, nothing gets you going better in the morning than a few times pinning yourself against the seat. For medium road trips I like to take the accord, and for long hauls I like to take the wife's pacifica(might be a slow pig, but damn is it comfy, plus I like to let her drive so me and the kid can sit in the back and watch movies) It really depends on my mood too. If i'm in a really bad mood I'll take the accord to work just to keep me out of trouble

Originally posted by illusion
    HEY Damn it I'm middle aged!!! There's a time for everything. For farting around, commuting, and short road trips I love the rex, nothing gets you going better in the morning than a few times pinning yourself against the seat. For medium road trips I like to take the accord, and for long hauls I like to take the wife's pacifica(might be a slow pig, but damn is it comfy, plus I like to let her drive so me and the kid can sit in the back and watch movies) It really depends on my mood too. If i'm in a really bad mood I'll take the accord to work just to keep me out of trouble
    you let your wife buy a pacifica? man, those things are not pretty. but hey, its for the wife...whatever...
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Originally posted by express_wagon
    you let your wife buy a pacifica? man, those things are not pretty. but hey, its for the wife...whatever...
    have you sat in one? The front and middle rows are captains chairs with armrests and everything, the back row is a bit smaller but still bigger than the rex. With the front seats all the way back and you sitting in the back you can barely touch the front seats with your feet and there's about 10"s of foot room under the seat. The ride is fanstastic. The ass isn't that great looking but the nose is pretty nice with the HID projectors. We went around for weeks looking at cars and nothing was as comfortable, had as much room, and rode as well for the price. You warm up to its exterior after a while.

Re: Re: WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord

Originally posted by express_wagon
    only 5-spd accord v6 ever made is the new 2003-2004 5-spd automatic V6 accord. only accord ever to come in manual and v6 is the new 6-spd. i personally dont think they can outhandle a wrx when both are done up correctly.
    in the mid 90's they also made a 4cyld. and v6 accord which came with the option of 5speed manual... but otherwise, there were only auto's in the 5speed... New MT's are 6speed
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

alright - sorry, im not sure what kind of engine is in his car, its just a 5spd so whatever. Its pretty fast, can chirp the tires in all gears (but ... more less u can just rev and drop the clutch and that will do it) so its not that impressive, but ya, his neighbor ran some driving school and gave him a few lessons so he is a pretty good driver.

But just curious.

Re: Re: Re: WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord

Originally posted by DTR rex
    in the mid 90's they also made a 4cyld. and v6 accord which came with the option of 5speed manual... but otherwise, there were only auto's in the 5speed... New MT's are 6speed
    Actually, The fifth gen accord(95-97) was the first generation Accord V6 and was only available with 4sp auto, and sadly enough the 5th gen V6s were MUCH slower than the I4 sticks thanks to the anemic C27A pathetic excuse for a 170hp v6. ALL 5th and 6th Gen(98-02 J30A1 200hp 195lb-ft motors) Accord V6s are 4 speed automatics. 03-04 Accord V6s(J30A4 240hp 212lb-ft on 87 octane 252hp on 91) come standard with a 5 speed automatic tranny and the 04 V6 accord coupe was the FIRST EVER V6 accord to have a manual tranny as an option(also one of the few insane companies where the stick costs significantly more than the auto) I'm a V6 accord forum moderator on 2 major boards
    Last edited by illusion; 08-14-2004 at 12:33 AM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: WRX vs. 5speed V6 Accord

Actually, The fifth gen accord(95-97) was the first generation Accord V6 and was only available with 4sp auto, and sadly enough the 5th gen V6s were MUCH slower than the I4 sticks thanks to the anemic C27A pathetic excuse for a 170hp v6. ALL 5th and 6th Gen(98-02 J30A1 200hp 195lb-ft motors) Accord V6s are 4 speed automatics. 03-04 Accord V6s(J30A4 240hp 212lb-ft on 87 octane 252hp on 91) come standard with a 5 speed automatic tranny and the 04 V6 accord coupe was the FIRST EVER V6 accord to have a manual tranny as an option(also one of the few insane companies where the stick costs significantly more than the auto) I'm a V6 accord forum moderator on 2 major boards
    thank you for that info.... I was looking to buy an accord 5speed MT about 3 years ago. I thought I came across some manual V-6's in the 94-96 years...

o well
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

have you sat in one? The front and middle rows are captains chairs with armrests and everything, the back row is a bit smaller but still bigger than the rex. With the front seats all the way back and you sitting in the back you can barely touch the front seats with your feet and there's about 10"s of foot room under the seat. The ride is fanstastic. The ass isn't that great looking but the nose is pretty nice with the HID projectors. We went around for weeks looking at cars and nothing was as comfortable, had as much room, and rode as well for the price. You warm up to its exterior after a while.

yeah, i've sat in the pacifica and i cant deny it, fat american leather seats are comfortable. but nope, cant grow to it since i dont have one. and man, you got the loaded one with HIDs!?! those things are so darn expensive ($40k right?)...i personally woulda went for the loaded toyota sienna AWD minivan. those are so much nicer in terms of looks and interior feel/quality. but hey, i m only a kid, what do i know.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.