WRX vs. Honda (little long)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Honda (little long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK so today I was at my friends' garage in Scotch Plains, and this kid in a blue 2000 civic ...

WRX vs. Honda (little long)

OK so today I was at my friends' garage in Scotch Plains, and this kid in a blue 2000 civic was there. I saw an AF ratio gauge in his car, and a little electronic thing, couldnt see it close enough to tell what it is.

Anyway, the kid goads me into racing him, even though I was only there to pick up my stock exhaust. So we get on the highway, and right as he gets into the left lane, I see white smoke puff out of his exhaust. So I punch it and rip by him, 10 car lengths about.

Anyway, we get back, and he claims he had just left it in gear and was waiting for me to pull up. He was probably telling the truth.

So then we do another pull from a roll. I told him before hand I was going to give him a cars length, and he laughed at me. So we get on the highway, he punches it, I wait until he has half a car length, then I hit it. All the way through 1st, 2nd, and almost all of 3rd I'm right at the back of his car, my front bumper with his back. I hear the VTEC going CRAZY. Then I had to let off cause I car pulled onto the highway in front of us.

We get back to the garage, and he goes "How's it feel to get beat by a Honda?" @$$hole. So I say, "How's it feel to spend all that money on an LS VTEC engine and not pull on a SUBARU. " That was pretty much it. Once I get my Cobb Stage 2 in a hope I see him again.

EDIT: Details. He had an LS VTEC engine swap, CAI, full exhaust, VTEC controller tuned at 4600.

End.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, that guy seemed like a dip ****. Wish the results would have been better, or you would have run him from a stop.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Re: WRX vs. Honda (little long)

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    OK so today I was at my friends' garage in Scotch Plains, and this kid in a blue 2000 civic was there. I saw an AF ratio gauge in his car, and a little electronic thing, couldnt see it close enough to tell what it is.

Anyway, the kid goads me into racing him, even though I was only there to pick up my stock exhaust. So we get on the highway, and right as he gets into the left lane, I see white smoke puff out of his exhaust. So I punch it and rip by him, 10 car lengths about.

Anyway, we get back, and he claims he had just left it in gear and was waiting for me to pull up. He was probably telling the truth.

So then we do another pull from a roll. I told him before hand I was going to give him a cars length, and he laughed at me. So we get on the highway, he punches it, I wait until he has half a car length, then I hit it. All the way through 1st, 2nd, and almost all of 3rd I'm right at the back of his car, my front bumper with his back. I hear the VTEC going CRAZY. Then I had to let off cause I car pulled onto the highway in front of us.

We get back to the garage, and he goes "How's it feel to get beat by a Honda?" @$$hole. So I say, "How's it feel to spend all that money on an LS VTEC engine and not pull on a SUBARU. " That was pretty much it. Once I get my Cobb Stage 2 in a hope I see him again.

EDIT: Details. He had an LS VTEC engine swap, CAI, full exhaust, VTEC controller tuned at 4600.

End.
    Why didn't you run him from 0-100? Sounds like you would have beaten him from a stop no problem.
    2004 WRX

what a douchebag. You gave him a head start and he said he won?
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Yeah and he wasn't even gracious about it. We agreed it was just for fun, I told him I'd give him a car length, that's what he beat my by, and he says he won. Whatever. My friend kept yelling "Best out of three!" so in everyone else's opinion we tied.

He didn't want to race from a stop. He said that beforehand.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

go check the honda forums. He probably posted a kill on you

Thats what my friends say. I consider it a loss already if they say that. That means that they know they are slower so they have to change the race to one where they might be able to hold their ground.
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

I like how people say they will only race a wrx or any awd car from a roll cause it's not fair for the 2wd cars but while the awd gives better launches the 2wd beats it on top end mph pull so from a stop to 100 or whatever is fair for both sides.

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Yeah and he wasn't even gracious about it. We agreed it was just for fun, I told him I'd give him a car length, that's what he beat my by, and he says he won. Whatever. My friend kept yelling "Best out of three!" so in everyone else's opinion we tied.

"racing" from a roll is NOT a race. the only true race is where both cars are stopped.

oh and whoever said that awd have the advantage from a stop hasnt raced a rwd car that has heated the tires and has a posi.

my friend has dusted a 400+hp S4 from a light in his 4.6 mustang. (the s4 never got ahead, even for a short time)
    Last edited by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee; 08-13-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

How much power did the 4.6 have? And did the s4 launch?
    Last edited by TheReaper; 08-13-2004 at 06:05 PM.

NM I read that the s4 stock has 340hp and 302tq and only does 0-60 in 5.6 maybe a 400+hp subie would have been better for the mustang to race?

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    s4 launched, but my friends stang launched better. oh and its pushing 550 wtq.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

well then theres your reason for the stang jumping off quicker and staying ahead if the power were the same between them and they both launched right then maybe....... besides the s4 is heavier than I thought it was.

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar
    2004BlueWRX, Do you live in Scotch Plains? I live in Berkely heights during the summers and in Utah During the winter. I am back early, but wen I am back, we should go for a friendly run

Re: WRX vs. Honda (little long)

End.
    hmmmm.... usually that car would only be good for mid 14's. you must be really close to stock. my buddy had a 96' coupe with seats removed, LS vtec, all bolt on's and only managed mid 14's. Def. good competition for a stock or near stock wrx. watch out for the GSR motors in the civics.... just insane on top end!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.