WRX vs. Honda (little long) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Honda (little long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Blue2004wrx I am close to nj...why dont you find him and then call me. I will come downand start off ...

Blue2004wrx

I am close to nj...why dont you find him and then call me. I will come downand start off in 2nd gear and kick his A@# and then we can ask him how it feels?...Buy a turbo back exhaust and o back to see him....What a loser.

Fast car or not theres no need to be a **** about it.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Fast car or not theres no need to be a **** about it.
    My feelings exactly.

Originally posted by persianpunisher
    2004BlueWRX, Do you live in Scotch Plains? I live in Berkely heights during the summers and in Utah During the winter. I am back early, but wen I am back, we should go for a friendly run
    I live in Mountainside, actually. Went to high school in BH. I'll only be in Jersey another 2 weeks though, then I'm off to school.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    hmmmm.... usually that car would only be good for mid 14's. you must be really close to stock. my buddy had a 96' coupe with seats removed, LS vtec, all bolt on's and only managed mid 14's. Def. good competition for a stock or near stock wrx. watch out for the GSR motors in the civics.... just insane on top end!
    I have a full TBE, and that's pretty much all speed-wise. And I was mistaken, it wasn't an LS VTEC, it was a GSR engine. With that setup he should be running just under 14s.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar
    Here in Utah we have alot of LS Vtecs, but none really know how to drive, they mostly have those mufflers you buy off of eBay for like $12.

2004BlueWRX, where do you go to school?

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    My feelings exactly.

I live in Mountainside, actually. Went to high school in BH. I'll only be in Jersey another 2 weeks though, then I'm off to school.

I have a full TBE, and that's pretty much all speed-wise. And I was mistaken, it wasn't an LS VTEC, it was a GSR engine. With that setup he should be running just under 14s.
    Just as I thought! like I said, i was scepticle about it being an LS because those are only good for high to mid 14's at best. with you having a turboback and him being a GSR engine I would say you did very well.
    GSR motor is civic with bolt on's is good for low 14's and 13's with EM. I would not be to disapointed by what happened. EM will knock almost half a second off his times.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    i would say, an lsvtec would be slightly faster than he was. those frankenstein motors are some serious stuff. only problem with an lsvtec is if you arent an expert engine builder, it will probably explode at 5k miles.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Here in Utah we have alot of LS Vtecs, but none really know how to drive, they mostly have those mufflers you buy off of eBay for like $12.

2004BlueWRX, where do you go to school?
    I go to Syracuse University

He had an apexi vtec control, and fully tuned EM. I think he was surprised how much I kept up, but my shifts were right on and I was holding boost really well. Plus whenever he chirped a gear I'd move up a foot or so.

I'm not disappointed, I don't have to win all the time. But why be ungracious about it? It was supposed to be fun. If it wasn't for fun, I'd do it on a track, run him from a stop, and make him my race b*tch.

No, a fully built GSR engine is DEFINITELY more powerful than an LS VTEC engine.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

YOU GO TO SYRACUSE?? I am going there next year. You dont happen to play lacrosse for them do you? Syracuse is a DAMN good school. What do you major in? and how does the WRX handle the winter there?

so let me figure this out. you gave him a half a car length start, and in short, he didn't pull on you after that. tell him to shove his vtec controller up his ass. racing from a roll is purely in his advantage, and he didn't pull.

tell him to go from a stop next time and remind him not to forget to zip up his taco.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    so let me figure this out. you gave him a half a car length start, and in short, he didn't pull on you after that. tell him to shove his vtec controller up his ass. racing from a roll is purely in his advantage, and he didn't pull.

tell him to go from a stop next time and remind him not to forget to zip up his taco.
    Yeah that's what happened. He didn't want to go from a roll, he admitted I'd win then.

YOU GO TO SYRACUSE?? I am going there next year. You dont happen to play lacrosse for them do you? Syracuse is a DAMN good school. What do you major in? and how does the WRX handle the winter there?
    Yeah I'll be a Junior. I'm a magazine journalism major. Car handles well in Syracuse, but be prepared for some nasty snow. No matter how good the drivetrain, you WILL slide on packed snow and ice. I suggest getting some winter tires. I plan on putting Blizzaks on my stocks once the winter rolls around.

I'll be up there in a couple weeks, I'll give you a shout, we'll meet up or something. What dorm are you living in?

EDIT: Hell no I don't play for SU Lacrosse... but I wish I did.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

In Utah we have some bad snow. I dont know what dorm I will be staying in, as I am goign there next year ( I got teh wrong date about registration), so I am going one year here in Utah and then going there next year. But ti all works out, cause I got a full ride here in Utah. How aare the summers there?

OOOH ok I got you. The summers are nice, usually between 75 and 90. Winters are cold, but you get used to it quick. How old are you?
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

I am 18. Ya, the summers there are humid, I lived in NJ and now in Utah. I do love teh cold though

I am 18. Ya, the summers there are humid, I lived in NJ and now in Utah. I do love teh cold though
    Where in Jersey
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

I grew up in a little town up north of Ramsey called Mahwah, but I go back to Berkely Heights every summer to stay with my Aunt. I miss the green, the closest place liek that is Park City, and its not REMOTELY as green as the Garden State. Its interesting though, there are A TON of people on these forums from Jersey, but when i went there this summer, I only saw one.

how can you compare the two....luxury sedan, and muscle car...

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    s4 launched, but my friends stang launched better. oh and its pushing 550 wtq.
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast