my wrx vs. the z24 cavi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my wrx vs. the z24 cavi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i'm driving down cliff rd. at about 1 o'clock in the morning coming back from my girlfriend's house and ...

my wrx vs. the z24 cavi

well i'm driving down cliff rd. at about 1 o'clock in the morning coming back from my girlfriend's house and it's a nice cool minnesota night. Until a black cavilier with every sticker available in the world on it, pulls up and was acting like he was the kings of the streets, revving the piss out his engine. So we pulled off and we checked each other out. He said these were his engine mods: Port and polish, k&n cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and 50 shot. So with the 50 hp nitrous boost and the other mods on his z24 he said he had about 210 hp. anyways...onto the good stuff....we pull up the stoplight and after about 10 seconds the light turns green....i think i launched at about 4500 rpms and it was a pretty good launch, i was ahead by about 2 car lengths by 3 rd gears until i hit fourth and he gave up...haha... i kind of like in a sick demented way embarrassing someone's hard work..haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ha, ive seen that cav rolling around Eagan. Nice kill!

Re: my wrx vs. the z24 cavi

Originally posted by B-Rock
    well i'm driving down cliff rd. at about 1 o'clock in the morning coming back from my girlfriend's house and it's a nice cool minnesota night. Until a black cavilier with every sticker available in the world on it, pulls up and was acting like he was the kings of the streets, revving the piss out his engine. So we pulled off and we checked each other out. He said these were his engine mods: Port and polish, k&n cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and 50 shot. So with the 50 hp nitrous boost and the other mods on his z24 he said he had about 210 hp. anyways...onto the good stuff....we pull up the stoplight and after about 10 seconds the light turns green....i think i launched at about 4500 rpms and it was a pretty good launch, i was ahead by about 2 car lengths by 3 rd gears until i hit fourth and he gave up...haha... i kind of like in a sick demented way embarrassing someone's hard work..haha

It's just a good feeling to wax a car that looks like it has 50 sponsors and should be on a race track. It's especially satisfying to beat those clowns with a baby seat in the back. Empty of course! I don't exceed 3k rpm or speed with my son in the car.
    2004 WRX

when i had my wrx i was behind this camry. i really didnt get a good look at it, if i did i would have known that its this guys i know and its his wife driving it. anyhow, at the red light with her behind me, i see a civic si pull out and chirp his tires trying to act bad ass. i see her laughing from my mirror and thought, what, she thinks shes fast. well, next thing i know, i take off as i turn right and at about 50mph still flooring it, the camry just passes me up as if i was standing still, with the baby seat and everything. as she passed, i saw the car and noticed its a guy i know that has a supercharger, smaller pully, exhaust and some other stuff done to it.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill...wonder who on the streets that guy could actually beat
    2003 SRT-4

Z24 Cavalier with all that stuff could maybe run the same times as a stock WRX. Congrats on the easy win.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    good kill...wonder who on the streets that guy could actually beat
    Toyota Matrix perhaps
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.