WRX vs WS6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs WS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight i got to line up next to a stock auto WS6. I saw him on the highway, no one ...

WRX vs WS6

Tonight i got to line up next to a stock auto WS6. I saw him on the highway, no one was around us and i got up next to him and revved it. He reved back and rolled his window down and yell "20 roll". we slowed down to 20 and we both punched it. I had him to 140 and i slowed down, had him by about a car length. He wanted to do it again at a 50 roll and i had him again, passed him at about 130 very slowly but def. pulled.

My mods are:
    Intake
    BOV
    Sti injectors
    Walbro fuel pump
    VF34 turbo
    Cat-back Straight pipe
    Perrin Up-pipe
    AccessPORT
    (i know, i need a downpipe and to paint my sideskirts)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill.... those cars are quite beastly
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill
    2003 SRT-4

Nice run. I take it that was a LT1 T/A. Had it been a LS1 I am sure he would have eaten you alive from a roll.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

I didnt know that a stage 4 wrx could beat a ws6 on the freeway, especially without a downpipe. Good to know. I cant wait to match up aginst one.

Originally posted by wssboard18
    I didnt know that a stage 4 wrx could beat a ws6 on the freeway, especially without a downpipe. Good to know. I cant wait to match up aginst one.
    you want to run em?
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by wssboard18
    Just hope its an automatic and doesn't have much done to it. Other wise you will be in trouble.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

seems with LS1's you never know what you're gonna get... You either get torn a new hole, or get decimated to oblivion... Rarely, you come across those that you can rip a new one....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Nice run. I take it that was a LT1 T/A. Had it been a LS1 I am sure he would have eaten you alive from a roll.
    It was a WS6. the WS6 is an LS1. Most of the time an LS1 would walk on a basic stageIV from a roll, but the LS1 automatics seem to have problems with downshifting..... the trans often downshifts badly and you dont get the power you need at the time you need it..... 2 of my buddies have this problem with their Ls1's. z28 and t/a
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    It was a WS6. the WS6 is an LS1. Most of the time an LS1 would walk on a basic stageIV from a roll, but the LS1 automatics seem to have problems with downshifting..... the trans often downshifts badly and you dont get the power you need at the time you need it..... 2 of my buddies have this problem with their Ls1's. z28 and t/a
    MY buddy has an auto LS1, just ran him tonight for the 3rd time, on my Stage 4 + fmic (vf22) on a off the shelf Turbo XS stage 4 (vf34+tmic) map and just a hair over 14psi I beat him from a roll completely untuned (by about a half of a car), his mods: intake, exhaust, converter and shift kit....I think its just gearing that slows the autos down as we went from all types of rolls and there didn't seem to be too big of a problem downshifting (especially when you do a 15 mph roll).
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Definately an auto.

Manual ls1's are no joke. I have raced many and they always put up a good fight. They never win but always are right there. Depending on their mods. Vf series turbos cannot beat an ls1 w/ a good driver and a manual tranny...Not up to speeds of 120mph...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Definately an auto.

Manual ls1's are no joke. I have raced many and they always put up a good fight. They never win but always are right there. Depending on their mods. Vf series turbos cannot beat an ls1 w/ a good driver and a manual tranny...Not up to speeds of 120mph...
    my thoughts exactly.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    my thoughts exactly.
    2003 SRT-4

we should be happy that the ls didnt have nay mods lol
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by DTR rex
    It was a WS6. the WS6 is an LS1.
    Unless it is a WS6 that is pre-1998. Then it is an LT1. The WS6 "Ram Air" option was available on 1996 and 1997 Trans Ams and Formulae (LT1 coupes in 1996 and 1997 and LT1 convertibles in 1997).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.